- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
TRAVEL SMART PLAN 2014
You’ve researched your destination, spoken to friends and colleagues, called a Travel Specialist and taken your first steps to creating a lasting memory with Classic Vacations. How do you lock in great pricing while insuring that dream against unexpected surprises or events beyond your control? Classic’s Travel Smart Plan allows you to book travel with confidence.
The Travel Smart Plan combines the advantages of comprehensive travel insurance and Classic’s Change & Cancellation Waiver
The Travel Smart Plan is a comprehensive insurance program that includes trip cancellation, trip interruption, and medical expense coverage as well as worldwide travel assistance services. Classic’s Change & Cancellation Waiver allows you to lock in the price for your vacation as soon as you make the minimum required deposit or cancel your trip for any reason and Classic Vacations will waive supplier cancel fees and refund 100% of the amounts you have paid for hotel, rental car, ground transportation and destination activity reservations. Classic will also waive change fees for those reservations and up to two (2) published air reservation changes. See below for details and restrictions.
Travel Smart Plan Highlights
Section I - Classic Change & Cancellation Waiver
Section II - Travel Insurance Benefits
In the event of cancellation prior to departure, Classic Vacations will refund 100% of the amounts paid for hotel, rental car, ground transfer, refundable airline reservations and destination activity reservations.
If a trip is changed prior to departure, Classic Vacations will waive all change fees imposed by hotel, rental car, ground transfers, refundable airline reservations and destination activity reservations.
Classic Vacations will waive up to two (2) change fees, per person, imposed by airlines for published fare reservations.
(See below for limitations and restrictions)
Cancel your trip any time prior to departure due to a covered reason and receive reimbursement up to 100% of the non-refundable published air ticket cost.
Cancel your trip for any reason up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive reimbursement up to 75% of the non-refundable published air ticket cost.
When the Travel Smart Plan is purchased within 24 hours of making your initial trip payment, the Pre-Existing Conditions Exclusion under Section II, Travel Insurance, will be waived.
Children 17 & under will receive coverage under Section II, Travel Insurance, at no additional cost.
Receive assistance in making restaurant reservations, arranging ground transportation, booking event tickets, making tee time reservations, arranging floral services and more.
Receive assistance with transfer of funds for on-site medical expenses, telephone interpretation services in major languages, replacement of lost passports and other incidentals, assistance to locate local physicians, dentists or medical facilities, emergency evacuation assistance and 24 hour emergency hotline.
(See below for limitations and restrictions)
Travel Insurance Benefit Limits
BENEFIT (PER PERSON)
MAXIMUM BENEFIT AMOUNT (PER PERSON)
Trip Cancellation (for covered reasons)
100% of Published Air Ticket Cost
Cancel For Any Reason Benefit (if Trip is cancelled 48 hours or more prior to scheduled departure)
75% of Non-Refundable Published Air Ticket Cost
100% of Classic Vacations Total Trip Cost
|Trip Delay (maximum $150 per day)||$1,000|
|Baggage and Personal Effects Loss||$1,000|
|Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation||$50,000|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$15,000|
Questions? If you have questions, please call Trip Mate, Inc., the Plan Administrator for the Travel Insurance Benefits. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call toll free 1.844.207.1929 (reference Plan A424C).
For additional coverage details and restrictions, click : www.tripmate.com/wpA424C to view the Travel Smart Plan Description of Coverage document.
Classic Vacations Change & Cancel Waiver Limitations
- No refunds or reimbursements for no-shows, missed flights, name changes, lost or stolen tickets, or denied boarding due to late arrival or inadequate travel documentation.
- No reimbursements for baggage charges.
- No refunds or reimbursements for unused portions of airfare.
- No refunds or reimbursements for frequent flier redemptions or redeposit fees.
- No reimbursement for increases in price due to itinerary changes initiated by traveler, including changes in occupancy for shared accommodations.
- No reimbursement for loss of discounts associated with shortened hotel stays or failure to adhere to supplier terms and conditions.
- No reimbursement for the cost of Classic Vacations’ Price Protection and Change & Cancel Waiver.
- No reimbursement or waiver of fees for destination activities cancelled less than forty-eight (48) hours prior to commencement.
- No reimbursement for change fees in excess of two (2) changes per person for published or non-refundable air reservations. Classic Vacations will reimburse change fees that are applied when traveler redeems future travel credits with the airline.
- Traveler must pay price increases resulting from changes in tax rates or supplier surcharges, including fuel surcharges.
- No refunds for published airfare reservations. In most cases, the full amount of money paid for published air travel will be made available in the form of a credit for future travel, subject to restrictions and limitations imposed by airlines. Airfare credits are typically limited for use by the named ticketed passenger on the same airline for a period of up to one year from the original ticketing date.
- All promotions from Affiliate Hotels purchased through Classic Vacations, that are designated as “Non-Refundable” or “Instant Purchase”, are NOT covered by the Travel Smart Plan (TSP) or Classic Vacations’ Change & Cancellation Waiver. While Classic Vacations does not charge change or cancellation fees on Affiliate Hotels, the booking will be subject to the hotel’s specific change and cancellation policies. The change and cancellation policies will be clearly noted on the statements and eDocs. If you have any questions, contact Classic's Affiliate Desk at (800) 331-8221.
The Section II Travel Insurance Benefits are underwritten by Arch Insurance Company, Jersey City, NJ. This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available under Section II of the Travel Smart Plan. There are certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations that apply to all coverages and services. This advertisement does not constitute or form any part of the Plan Description or any other contract of any kind. Section II Travel Insurance benefits, limits, and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction.
Notice to New York Residents : Residents of the State of New York may purchase the Classic Vacations Change & Cancellation Waiver or the insurance plan independent of each other.
If your client purchased the TSP prior to May 1, 2014, click here to view details on the Travel Guard TSP program.
Last updated: November 20, 2014