- Special Offers
- About Us
The Travel Smart Plan Program
You’ve researched your destination, spoken to friends and colleagues, called a Travel Specialist and taken your first steps to creating a lasting memory with Classic Vacations. How do you insure that dream against unexpected surprises or events beyond your control? Insure your investment by purchasing Classic’s Travel Smart Plan™.
The Travel Smart Program includes the Travel Smart Plan and Classic’s Change & Cancellation Waiver
The Travel Smart Program is a comprehensive insurance program that includes valuable insurance benefits and assistance services. It also includes all the benefits of Classic’s Change & Cancellation Waiver, which allows you to change or cancel your reservation for any reason.
- Cancel for Any Reason
Provides reimbursement of 75% of published air cost, if you decide to cancel for any reason up to 48 hours prior to departure.
- Kids Free
One child age 17 & under will receive coverage at no additional cost if all accompanying adults purchase coverage.
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Exclusion Waiver
When the Travel Smart Plan is purchased within 24 hours of making the initial trip payment, you also receive coverage if pre-existing medical conditions force you to cancel or interrupt your trip.
- Trip Interruption
100% reimbursement of unused portion of your vacation if your trip is interrupted due to a covered reason.
- Concierge services
Includes restaurant referrals/reservations, ground transportation, event ticketing, tee time reservations, floral services and more.
- Travel medical & worldwide travel assistance
Includes advancement of funds to cover on-site medical expenses, telephone interpretation services in major languages, replacement of lost passport and other incidentals, assistance to locate local physicians, dentists or medial facilities, emergency evacuation assistance and 24 hour emergency hotline.
Travel Smart Plan Traveler Benefits
BENEFITS (PER PERSON)
Trip Cancellation for covered reasons (maximum $100,000)
100% of Insured Published Air Cost
Trip Cancellation for any reason if cancelled 48 hours or more prior to departure
75% of Insured Air Cost
|Trip Interruption (maximum $100,000)||
100% of Insured Trip Cost
|Trip Delay (maximum $150 per day)||$1,000|
|Baggage and Personal Effects Loss||$1,000|
|Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation||$50,000|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$15,000|
Questions? If you have questions, please call Travel Guard’s World Service Center. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1.866.807.7259 (reference 008041 P1-P2 11/12)
Classic Vacations Change & Cancellation Waiver Benefits:
- Price Protection
Guarantees the cost of your trip as soon as you make a deposit or full payment on your reservation, unless you make a change that results in a higher price .
- Change Fees Waived
Unless the Travel Smart Plan Program is purchased, all passenger initiated changes will be subject to Classic Vacation’s change and cancellation fees which are:
- $50 per adult up to 31 days before departure
- $100 per adult 30 days or less before departure
- In addition, fees or penalties charged by other providers (hotel, airline, etc.) will apply.
- Cancel for Any Reason
Classic will refund 100% of the trip cost for land and contracted air prior to departure.
What is Not Covered
- Cancellation penalties in excess of $5000 per adult.
- Maximum two change fees per person per booking on published air or highly restrictive fares.
- No-shows, missed flights, name changes, lost or stolen tickets, or denied boarding due to late arrival or inadequate travel documentation.
- Air routing changes or refunds on unused portions of airfare.
- Baggage charges.
- Tax increases, surcharges, and resort fees.
- Frequent flier redemptions or redeposit fees.
- Client-initiated changes that result in fare or accommodation cost increases.
- Client-initiated requests to change flights provided as a result of a carrier schedule change.
- Changes in occupancy for shared accommodations.
- Private jet charters, yachts, cruises, and most villas.
Classic Vacations Travel Smart Plan™ program includes the Classic Vacations Change & Cancellation Waiver, and an insurance product underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, P.a, with its principal place of business in New York, NY. This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Coverage may not be available in all states. Travel assistance services provided by Travel Guard Group, Inc. Notice to New York residents: Residents of the State of New York may purchase the Classic Vacations Waiver or the insurance plan independent of each other.