- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
2016 Travel Smart Plan – Prestige Plus
Classic Vacations has created the “Prestige Plus” TSP plan to cover all of your travel arrangements, even those not booked by Classic Vacations. Now, you can cover your entire vacation, even if your travel advisor books your cruise directly with the cruise line and makes your pre & post arrangements with Classic.
The New Travel Smart Plan, effective 11/1/15
Classic’s Travel Smart Plan helps You book travel with confidence. Now with three distinct levels designed to give You choices to choose a Plan that may meet Your needs.
Each version of the Travel Smart Plan consists of two parts:
Part A: Classic’s Change & Cancellation Waiver allows You to change or cancel Your Trip for any reason or lock the price for Your vacation as soon as You meet the minimum required deposit. Classic Vacations will waive supplier change or cancel fees and refund the amounts You have paid for hotel, rental car, ground transportation and destination activity reservations. Part A is provided by Classic Vacations and is not an insured benefit.
Part B: Travel Insurance Benefits for: Trip Cancellation (for Published Air Ticket Cost only – TSP - Prestige Plan A423P; and for Published Air Ticket Cost up to a maximum of $1,000 – TSP - Preferred Plan A423S); Trip Interruption: Trip Delay (for all Classic provided travel arrangements); Medical Expense / Emergency Evacuation; Baggage & Personal Effects; and Baggage Delay. The Part B Travel Insurance Benefits of this Plan are underwritten by Arch Insurance Company.
Travel Smart Plan Highlights
Part A: Classic Change & Cancellation Waiver (provided by Classic Vacations):
- TRIP CHANGE OR CANCELLATION – CANCEL FOR ANY REASON
If you change or cancel your trip for any reason, Classic Vacations will not charge any fees to change or cancel your reservation. However, some suppliers do assess change or cancel fees (policies vary by supplier and will be communicated at time of booking). Classic will refund to you supplier change and/or cancel fees up to a per reservation maximum amount. The per reservation maximum amount of non-refundable supplier change and/or cancel fees that Classic will refund is: $15,000 on the TSP Land Only Plan (A423L), $15,000 on the TSP Preferred Plan (A423S), and $50,000 on the TSP Prestige Plan (A423P). Trip components (excluding published air) not assessed supplier change or cancel fees will be refunded at 100%.AIR CHANGES
Classic Vacations will waive up to two (2) change fees imposed by airlines for airfare reservations.PRICE PROTECTION
Classic Vacations will cover any increase in the price of airfare, hotel, rental car, ground transfer or destination activity reservations over the price at the time Classic Vacations receives the minimum required deposit. No coverage for increases in price due to itinerary changes requested by Traveler.
Part A: Classic Vacations Change & Cancel Waiver Limitations (provided by Classic Vacations):
- Only applicable to a one-time waiver of supplier change or cancel fees for each Trip component with the exception of two (2) change fees per person for published or non-refundable air reservations.
- No refunds or reimbursements for no-shows, missed flights, name changes, lost or stolen tickets, or denied boarding due to late arrival or inadequate travel documentation.
- No reimbursements for baggage charges.
- No refunds or reimbursements for unused portions of airfare.
- No refunds or reimbursements for frequent flier redemptions or redeposit fees.
- No reimbursement for increases in price due to itinerary changes initiated by Traveler, including changes in occupancy for shared accommodations.
- No reimbursement for loss of discounts associated with shortened hotel stays or failure to adhere to supplier terms and conditions, such as minimum night stays.
- No reimbursement or waiver of fees for destination activities cancelled less than forty-eight (48) hours prior to commencement
- Traveler must pay price increases resulting from changes in tax rates or supplier surcharges, including fuel surcharges.
- Classic Vacations is not responsible for schedule changes, airline strikes or other occurrences outside of its control.
- No refunds for published airfare reservations. In most cases, the full amount of money paid for published air travel will be made available in the form of a credit for future travel, subject to restrictions and limitations imposed by airlines. Airfare credits are typically limited for use by the named ticketed passenger on the same airline for a period of up to one year from the original ticketing date.
- Select non-refundable rate Plans and products may not be covered by Classic’s Change & Cancellation Waiver and will be noted on Your itinerary
- All requests for reimbursement must be made within the twenty four (24) month period from the date of purchase of the Classic’s Change & Cancellation Waiver
- No reimbursement for the cost of Classic Vacations’ Price Protection and Change & Cancel Waiver.
- In order to qualify for cancellation reimbursement under Part A You must cancel your entire Classic Vacations trip.
Part B: Travel Insurance Benefits (underwritten by Arch Insurance Company):
- WAIVER OF PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS – ALL
When the Travel Smart Plan is purchased within 24 hours of the date Your initial deposit/payment for Your Trip is received by Classic Vacations, and the booking for the Trip is Your first and only booking for this travel period and destination, then the Pre-Existing Conditions Exclusion under Part B of the Travel Smart Plan will be waived, provided You are not disabled from travel at the time You make Your payment for this Plan.TRIP CANCELLATION (FOR PUBLISHED AIR TICKETS) – Preferred Plan Only
If you cancel Your Trip any time prior to departure due to a Covered Reason, You may be eligible to-receive reimbursement of up to $1,000 per person of the non-refundable published air ticket cost.TRIP CANCELLATION (FOR PUBLISHED AIR TICKETS) – Prestige Plan Only
If You cancel Your Trip any time prior to departure due to a Covered Reason, You may receive reimbursement of up to 100% of the non-refundable published air ticket cost. If You cancel Your Trip for any reason up to 48-hours prior to departure, You may receive reimbursement of up to 75% of the non-refundable published air ticket cost, provided Your payment for this Plan has been received within 24 hours of the date Your initial deposit/payment for Your Trip is received, and that You insure 100% of the cost of all Travel Arrangements that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions.
|Part B - Travel Insurance Benefits (per person)|
|Maximum Benefit Amount|
|Schedule of Benefits||TSP -|
|Trip Cancellation (Published Air Only)||Not|
|Air Ticket -|
|Air Ticket -|
land & return air
|Trip Cost||Trip Cost|
|Travel Delay (Up to $150 Per Day)||$600||$600||$1000|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$15,000||$15,000||$25,000|
|Medical Expense / Emergency Evacuation
Accident and Sickness Medical Expense
Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation
|Baggage & Personal Effects||$500||$500||$1,000|
|Cancel For Any Reason (Published Air Only)||Not|
Air Ticket Cost
|Non-Insurance Services - Applicable to All Plans||One Call 24-Hour Worldwide Assistance Services||Global Xpi Medical Records Services|
- CONCIERGE SERVICES - ALL
Receive assistance in making restaurant reservations, arranging ground transportation, booking event tickets, making tee time reservations, arranging floral services and more.24/7 WORLDWIDE MEDICAL & TRAVEL ASSISTANCE SERVICES - ALL
Receive assistance with transfer of funds for on-site medical expenses, telephone interpretation services in major languages, replacement of lost passports and other incidentals, assistance to locate local physicians, dentists or medical facilities, Emergency Evacuation assistance and 24-Hour emergency hotline.
Please Note: In order to qualify for cancellation reimbursement under Part B you must cancel your entire Classic Vacations trip. This is only a brief description of the benefits and services included in this Plan. Plan benefits and services are subject to provisions, exclusions and limitations which may vary by state jurisdiction. This advertisement does not constitute or form any part of the Plan Document or any other contract of any kind. The Plan Document will be sent with Your initial invoice. It is also available to You at www.tripmate.com/wpA423P for TSP – Prestige,www.tripmate.com/wpA423S for TSP - Preferred, or www.tripmate.com/wpA423L for TSP – Land Only. Certain terms, conditions, and limitations may apply. See the Plan Document for complete details. Coverage options may vary and may not be available in all states.
Non-Insurance Services provided by: One Call Worldwide Travel Services Network, Inc. and Global Xpi are not insurance benefits underwritten by Arch Insurance Company.
The Part B Travel Insurance Benefits for Plan Numbers A423P, A423S, and A423L are underwritten by: Arch Insurance Company.
All Plan Benefits are administered by the Producer: Trip Mate, Inc. (in CA & UT, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency), 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO, 64114, 1-844-207-1929.
If you purchased the Travel Smart Plan before 10/31/15, please click here to view details: www.classicvacations.com/about-us/trip-protection
If you purchased any Travel Smart Plan (A424C) on or before 10/31/15* click here to view details: www.tripmate.com/wpA424C
If you purchased the Travel Smart Land Only Plan (A423L) on or after 11/1/15* click here to view details: www.tripmate.com/wpA423L
If you purchased the Travel Smart Preferred Plan (A423S) on or after 11/1/15* click here to view details: www.tripmate.com/wpA423S
If you purchased the Travel Smart Prestige Plan (A423P) on or after 11/1/15* click here to view details: www.tripmate.com/wpA423P