- Tours and Activities
- Special Offers
- About Us
Based ontraveler reviews
- Guests visiting in December-January can often see turtle hatchlings making their way to the sea. Those coming June-October may be able to see humpback whales just offshore.
What to Expect:
- Surrounded by the turquoise waters of the Great Barrier Reef, this resort sits atop a coral cay just off the Queensland Coast, near the town of Gladstone. Palm trees, white-sand beaches, and extensive coral gardens underscore its pristine setting and serve as the focus for a variety of nature-oriented activities.
- With direct access to the Great Barrier Reef, the resort is a haven for divers, who can engage in day dives, night dives, beginner sessions, and PADI referral courses. Less adventurous guests will enjoy the rotating schedule of guided reef walks, island ecology tours, and birdwatching excursions. After the sun goes down, stargazing, marine documentaries, and movies under the stars keep guests entertained until it's time to retire.The resort's stunning surroundings are also on display from a restaurant, lounge, and outdoor pool. An air-conditioned presentation room provides a fun gathering spot for evening movies and televised sporting events, while an on-site spa offers signature treatments that use marine elements and natural botanicals to soothe sore muscles and uplift the spirit.
Heron Island Via Gladstone
Great Barrier Reef, 4870
- Heron Island
Turtle RoomOne queen bed (may also have one or two single beds). Duplex unit with terrace and garden view. Refrigerator, coffeemaker, and ceiling fan.
- Turtle Room -
Located in a garden setting a short walk away from the beach, these cottages have a relaxed casual style. Built in duplex fashion with two rooms per block, all Turtle Rooms are at ground level and feature a large deck and outdoor area. Interiors are bright and fresh, compact but comfortable. Standard and Family Rooms are available.
- Reef Room -
Positioned closer to the beach, Reef Room offer filtered reef and water views through a canopy of beachside trees. The living area extends outdoors to a balcony or garden setting, interiors are light-filled, modern and comfortable.
- Wistari Suite -
Wistari Suites are an excellent alternative for guests seeking maximum privacy. Located on the point and situated within a garden setting with ocean views. Interiors are spacious with contemporary design elements including a 3 seater couch and armchair and King Size bed in an area separate to living. A private outdoor terrace features stylish wooden furniture and a two person hammock. Wistari Suites are air-conditioned and have a fully stocked mini-bar, CD Player and telephone in each room.
- Point Suite -
Set in a premium beachfront position with an outlook that offers uninterrupted reef views and magical sunsets, Point Suites are Heron's superior grade of accommodation. With an interior designed for relaxation, Point Suites are air-conditioned and enjoy a range of additional services and in-room comforts including a fully stocked mini-bar (replenished daily), a CD player and phones.
- Beach House -
The Beach House offers a superior style of accommodation with a high degree of privacy. Set within a grove of trees, a private boardwalk provides access to the beach. Air conditioned, the Beach House offers a separate bedroom with spacious en-suite bathroom including a bath and shower and an expansive living area including oversized sofa and a work desk with direct dial STD/IDD telephone. Other in-room features include a fully stocked mini-bar (replenished daily) and CD player. The Beach House also offers its own private outdoor shower.
- Heron Beachside Suite -
Offering absolute beach frontage with direct access to the water and views of the reef, the Heron Beachside Suites are generous in size with villa-style inclusions. Double glass sliding doors. fill the room with natural light and connect both the spacious bedroom and separate living space to a large outdoor balcony. The living area features a divan as well as comfortable armchairs and coffee table. A large bathroom and an in-room CD player are among some of the other features of a Heron Suite.
- Alarm clock
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Welcome amenities
The following list of amenities are available on-site. Fees may apply.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Arcade/game room
- Audio-visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Event catering
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Laundry facilities
- Medical assistance available
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Supervised child care/activities
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Television in lobby
- Tour assistance
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit is required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- 2 PM
- 10 AM
Rates include buffet-style breakfasts and lunches and three-course set dinners, including a weekly seafood smorgasbord.
Shearwater RestaurantWicker furnishings, ceiling fans, and floor-to-ceiling windows provide an appropriately tropical ambience in this non-smoking restaurant, which is open for buffet-style breakfasts and lunches, three-course table d'hote dinners, Saturday seafood buffets, and midweek Aussie barbecues.
Pandanus Lounge & Baillie's BarThis comfortable cocktail bar features a dance floor, a mezzanine-level library, and an outdoor terrace with panoramic reef views.
With no other development around, the resort is blessed with a wealth of wildlife, both on land and in the surrounding waters. Guests join complimentary reef walks, ecology hikes, birdwatching excursions, and visits to a nearby research station. Stargazing, wildlife presentations, and snorkeling lessons in the outdoor pool are also included. For divers, the resort offers a full menu of adventures, including day dives, night dives, PADI dive courses, and day-long adventure dives (surcharges apply). Fishing trips, helicopter flights, seasonal turtle-viewing excursions, and coral-viewing cruises in a semi-submersible craft can also be arranged for additional fees. A children's program provides supervised activities for kids aged 7-12 during Australian school holidays (surcharge applies).The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Motor boating
- Scuba diving
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport