- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Based ontraveler reviews
Greetings from the Hotel General Manager
A Warm Welcome to Lizard Island! We are on located the Great Barrier Reef. We are a Island of 1000 hectares 40 rooms for 80 guests. 23 white sandy beaches and a treasure trove of marine life and gardens under the sea! Year round we have excellent visibility and coral viewing and one of the best fishing grounds in the world. Did you know that in July each year our guests have frequent sightings of humpback and minke whales, whilst in October and November, anglers come in from all over the world to see the 1000 lb black marlin. Lizard is a true Island resort, marine park, and national park - come and be refreshed, relaxed, re-energized, and wowed!
I look forward to personally welcoming you!
Resort General Manager
- After fishing from the resort's yacht, guests can have the resort chef prepare their catch for dinner.
What to Expect:
- Located approximately 240 kms north of Cairns, this resort is set on Lizard Island, a 2,500-acre National Park with 24 white-sand beaches caressed by the crystal-clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef. A total of 40 beachfront suites and hilltop villas are distributed around the grounds, further enhancing the sophisticated, semi-private ambience.
- The resort's main building features an open-air restaurant, lounge, and library/game room, but most guests spend their days sailing, snorkeling, hiking, playing tennis, or using the resort's fleet of motorized dinghies to explore the local waters. Others venture further afield with half-day and full-day scuba and fishing excursions, while some simply relax by the outdoor freshwater pool. An on-site spa offers everything from simple manicures to couples massages with aromatic steam.
Lizard Island via Cairns
Great Barrier Reef ,
- Lizard Island
Anchor Bay SuiteOne king bed (two twin beds available on request). Open-plan room set along Anchor Bay. Terrace with daybed and sea view. Air conditioning, ceiling fan, and aromatherapy oil burner. Minibar, coffeemaker, CD player, and dial-up Internet access.
- Air conditioning
- CD player
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Direct-dial phone
- Hair dryer
- Internet access - dial-up
- Iron/ironing board
The following list of amenities are available on-site. Fees may apply.
- Beauty services
- Business services
- Currency exchange
- Fitness equipment
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Medical assistance available
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
Number of rooms:
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit is required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests made via this Web site cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- 3 PM
- 11 AM
Rates include all meals and non-alcoholic beverages.
Osprey's RestaurantTropical breezes and panoramic ocean views add to the relaxed ambience of this restaurant on the long, curved veranda of the resort's main building. Menus highlight tropical fruits and fresh, local seafood. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Bar & LoungeGuests can stop in for Australian beers and wines, cocktails, and fine champagnes throughout the day.
Guests have access to a wealth of complimentary water-sports equipment, including catamarans, motorized dinghies, glass-bottom boat rides, and snorkeling gear. Back on land, they can get a good workout on tennis courts, lit for night play, or simply explore the local surroundings on nearby nature trails.The resort also offers an equally diverse array of fee-based activities, including half- and full-day diving and snorkeling trips to the inner and outer reef, game-fishing charters, and tours of the island's highly regarded research station. For more exclusive adventures, a yacht is available for private charters. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails
- Scuba diving
Stay A Little Longer
- Complimentary Round Trip Flights from Cairns to Lizard Island for 2 Adults
- Gourmet Meals
- Unlimited non alcoholic beverages, selected fine Australian and New Zealand Wines, beer, spirits, and champagne during meal periods at Osprey's Restaurant and Bar
- Picnic hampers
- In room mini-bar
- Use of non motorized water sports and motorized dinghies
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport