- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
The House by Elegant Hotels
Based ontraveler reviews
- Guests can walk or take water taxis to three partner resorts along the West Coast, where they may use pools and other facilities, and charge restaurant meals to their rooms.
What to Expect:
- Because children under 18 are not permitted, this Caribbean beach resort is designed for couples seeking relaxing holidays in the ambience of a private residence. Entrance to The House is through a gate with no sign to betray the resort’s presence. A white-clad Personal Ambassador assigned to each couple serves fruit smoothies on arrival and explains how the 24-hour ambassador service operates.
- In addition to a sandy beach, this Barbados resort includes a two-level pool complex with a jetted section. Use of water sports equipment is complimentary at a partner property, () away. Complimentary food service consists of a daily Champagne breakfast buffet, high tea, and nightly Port wine. The resort is home to Daphne’s restaurant, which offers Modern Italian cuisine.
Airport:Grantley Adams International Airport BGI
The House offers 34 suites in a three-story white building (no elevators) built around an open courtyard containing a garden and a pond. Individually appointed suites have furnished balconies or ground-floor patios. Every suite comes with Egyptian-cotton linens, white goose-down duvets, plush bathrobes, and slippers. Large, pale-marble bathrooms contain twin-sink vanities, makeup/shaving mirrors, and shower/tub combinations. Sitting areas have sofas and/or loveseats, and TVs include U.S. cable stations. Suites are cooled by air conditioning and ceiling fans.
One-bedroom suites provide flat-panel LCD TVs with DVD and CD players, and Molton Brown English toiletries. Some accommodations have two bathrooms, or outdoor plunge pools.
Every suite has a minibar, espresso machine, and tea kettle. High-speed Internet access is complimentary, and direct-dial phones have voice mail.
All suites come with one king bed; two twin beds may be available upon request.
- Air conditioning
- Cable/satellite TV
- Ceiling fan
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- DVD player
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - complimentary
- Internet access - high speed
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup mirror
- Massage - available in room
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channel(s)
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoking rooms
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
In addition to the beach and pool, guests at this Barbados resort have access to complimentary water sports equipment at a partner resort, () away. Guests receive a complimentary 30-minute “jet lag” massage on the beach or in their suites. Other massage services are available (surcharge).
An air-conditioned library has a computer and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Wireless Internet access in the public areas is also complimentary.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee in lobby
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning service
- Fitness equipment
- Internet access in public areas - complimentary
- Internet access in public areas - high speed
- Internet access in public areas - wireless
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Parking (free)
- Picnic area
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Security guard
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Number of floors:
Number of rooms:
Personal Ambassadors greet couples arriving to this tranquil, adults-only beach resort with fruit smoothies and explain how the 24-hour service operates. A covered deck serves as a lobby and a venue for a daily complimentary Champagne breakfast buffet, high tea, and nightly cake and Port wine. Daphne’s, a counterpart of the London restaurant, serves modern Italian cuisine for lunch and dinner. The cocktail lounge is open 24 hours a day.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Caters to couples.
- Pets not allowed
- 3 PM
Complimentary English-style Champagne buffet breakfast is provided each morning in the lounge, and includes a fresh-egg station with cooked-to-order eggs and omelets. Other items may include cold meats, bacon, baked beans, corned-beef hash, fish cakes, cheese platters, yogurts, juices, fresh fruit, and croissants and other breakfast breads. Complimentary high tea is served each afternoon, complimentary appetizers are served each evening, and complimentary freshly baked cake and Port wine are served at night.
Daphne’sCounterpart of Daphne’s London. Open-air beachfront restaurant featuring natural woods, woven screens connected to the resort by covered walkway. Modern Italian cuisine and fine wines. Lunch and dinner; closed Mondays June through November.
Lite-bite lunchServed beachside. Cold dishes, fresh fruit, and cheese platters.
Lobby lounge24 hour bar service available.
Room serviceAvailable 24 hours.
The resort’s beach is furnished with umbrellas, canvas shades, and cushioned lounge chairs. A two-level pool complex surrounded by cushioned lounge chairs features a jetted section at the top level, and a swimming section shaped like a scalloped shell below a small waterfall. A complimentary fitness center includes a treadmill, stationary bike, stair machine, and free weights.
Guests at The House have complimentary use of watersports equipment at the hotel’s partner resort, Tamarind Cove, () away. Equipment includes snorkeling gear, boogie boards, windsurfers, kayaks, and small sailboats. Water skiing, wakeboarding, tubing, and banana boating are also complimentary. Complimentary scuba-diving demonstrations are provided in the resort’s pool.
Independent operators on the beach offer personal watercraft, parasailing, and glass-bottom-boat trips. The resort's watersports center transports guests (one mi) away to a dive center for scuba-diving instruction and excursions (surcharges).
Guests enjoy preferred tee times at the exclusive Royal Westmoreland Country Club, with a world-class championship 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals
- Golf - driving range
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Rowing or canoeing
- Running track/path
- Scuba diving
- Water skiing
- A reduced room rate
- Exotic Caribbean cocktail on arrival
- Daily champagne breakfast
- Complimentary tea and canapés
- One complimentary 1/2 hour massage per person, max 2 guests
- Complimentary turn down service
- Complimentary motorized water sports except jet-ski
- Complimentary use of fitness center
- Complimentary water taxi transportationbetween west coast Elegant Hotel properties.
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport