- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Peter Island Resort and Spa
Based ontraveler reviews
Greetings from the Hotel General Manager
It is our distinct pleasure to welcome you to your private Island. We are very pleased you have selected us for your vacation and our commitment to you is to ensure that your stay with us is a memorable Peter Island Experience. Peter Island Resort & Spa prides itself on a commitment to exceptional, anticipatory Guest Service, attention to detail and an uncompromising commitment to quality. The result is a hospitality experience that is richly personalized, genuine and caring, delivered in luxurious surroundings. We call it ‘The Peter Island Experience’. During your stay with us, we encourage you to immerse yourself in all that Peter Island Resort & Spa has to offer. Our team is at your disposal to arrange restaurant reservations, deep-sea fishing, diving, shopping, sailing or any of the other countless activities one may enjoy.
- A few chairs provide a spot to view sunsets 400 feet above sea level near the island's southernmost point. Complimentary shuttle service transports guests here, where they enjoy panoramic views not only of the setting sun but of the Caribbean, the U.S. Virgin Island of St. John, and Norman Island, where Robert Louis Stevenson located the action in Treasure Island.
What to Expect:
- With guests discouraged from bringing children under age 8 and no televisions in guestrooms and Jr. Suites, the resort attracts adults seeking rest, relaxation, and privacy. In addition to its five beaches, the hilly island offers myriad points for viewing the sea and neighboring islands along a narrow road suitable for bicycling, walking, and touring by complimentary shuttle. Casual Resort wear dress is expected for dinner and in the lobby area. The room price can be booked with the Full American Plan (FAP); with all meals (but not beverages) included or European Plan (EP) with meals and beverages purchased a la carte.
- Five beaches grace the private island resort. Crescent-shaped Deadman's Bay Beach extends about 1 mile and provides swimming, snorkeling, and water sports opportunities. The resort steers day-visitors to Little Deadman's Bay Beach so resort guests have the larger beach to themselves. Tiny Honeymoon Beach offers intimacy and a single thatched-roof shade. Big Reef Bay Beach's 0.75-mile length is for beachcombing. Furnished with lounges and umbrellas, White Bay Beach is noted for snorkeling, turtle-watching, and privacy. For freshwater swimming, a freeform pool surrounded by cushioned lounge chairs lies between the lobby and the Caribbean.
1 CSY Dock Road Town, Tortola
PETER ISLAND, VG 1110
British Virgin Islands
- British Virgin Islands
Airport:Terrance Lettsome International Airport EIS
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - dial-up
- Internet access - wireless
- Iron/ironing board
- Non-smoking rooms
- Rollaway beds
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
The largest private island in the BVI, Peter Island is surrounded by the sparkling waters of the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, and the Sir Francis Drake Channel, four miles south of Tortola. Situated amongst 1800 lush acres, Peter Island Resort & Spa boasts beautifully manicured paths with verdant landscaping and water views. Five private beaches, two distinct restaurants and bars, and a 10,000 square-foot Spa await guests looking to rejuvenate their minds, bodies, and spirits. Massages, body treatments, and facial therapies are all offered within the Spa and extend out to the gardens at Reef Bay Beach. The luxurious Spa Suites located within the Spa, feature private veranda patios, large deep plunge hydrotherapy soaking tubs for 2, Swiss shower, 2 deluxe state-of-the-art treatment tables and private restrooms. Designed for couples seeking highly intimate surroundings, these suites are ideal for enjoying a series of treatments while offering an opportunity to relax in an uninterrupted atmosphere.
On Deadman's Beach, a fitness center contains a universal gym, free weights, cardio machines, and one of the resort's two televisions with outside reception. Complimentary shuttle service for getting around the resort is available by telephone call.
Guests also enjoy complimentary half court basketball, 4 tennis courts, and bicycles. Adjacent to the swimming pool, the Club Room features a pool table, flat screen TV, two desktop computers and a small library.
Complimentary daily shuttle service to Road Town, Tortola is available to resort guests. Day trips to St. Thomas for some of the best shopping in the Virgin Islands are available on Tuesdays and Saturdays while an excursion to The Baths at Virgin Gorda is offered on Thursdays.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning service
- Fitness equipment
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Multilingual staff
- Poolside bar
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Security guard
- Spa services on site
- Suitable for children
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Video library
Guests are discouraged from bringing children under age 8.
Room rates can be booked with the Full American Plan (FAP); with all meals (but not beverages) included or European Plan (EP) with meals and beverages purchased a la carte based on double occupancy. Additional guests in rooms are charged accordingly.
Refunds are granted only if reservations are cancelled at least 30 days prior to scheduled arrival.
A minimum of 7-10 nights is required for reservations between December 20 and January 3. No refunds or credits will be issued if a Holiday cancellation is received after October 15.
An 18% service charge is applicable
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required upon check-in for incidental charges.
All special requests are subject to availability upon check-in.
- 3 PM
Tradewinds RestaurantBreakfast buffet including a live omelet station and à la carte choices. Linen-service fine-dining dinners with Caribbean views from air-conditioned dining room or outdoor patio. Entertainment some nights. Dinner choices such as Coconut & saffron seafood, Truffle butter roasted Beef Tenderloin, Herb crusted veal loin steak. Seafood Gala Buffet Saturday nights. The Tradewinds Wine Room also features a mahogany banquet table for the weekly Vintner Wine Dinner in this precise climate controlled site.
Deadman's Beach Bar & GrillThis restaurant and bar is set on Deadman’s Beach with views of the water and tiki torches lighting the pathways at night. The weekly Manager’s Cocktail Party and Best of Caribbean Buffet on Wednesdays draw guests from the resort and beyond. Casual, open-air spot featuring tile floors, wood-beam ceilings, and laid back atmosphere. Lunch selection including wood-stone pizza, Shrimp Quesadilla, Jerk chicken sandwich, and Blackened Mahi Mahi ‘burger’. Dinner choices such as Five Spiced Salmon, Pan Seared Grouper, Pesto Shrimp pizza, and Seared Tuna.
Drake's LoungeAdjacent to pool in lobby breezeway. Light lunch and Afternoon Tea Service. All-day and evening coffee drinks, Signature tropical drinks, smoothies, cocktails, cognacs, single-malt Scotches, aged rums. Patrons enjoy a view of the pool, the ocean and the island of Tortola beyond.
The resort's water sports center lends snorkeling gear, small sailboats, windsurfers, and kayaks at no charge. Play on the resort's four tennis courts (two lit for night play) is complimentary. Upon request, a tennis pro offers lessons for a fee. Mountain bikes for exploring the island's hilly trails and for getting around the resort are complimentary. The resort also includes two half-court basketball courts and a 5 mile Loop fitness trail.
From the resort's yacht harbor, boats take guests on snorkeling and diving excursions, including dives to the RMS Rhone, a famous diving wreck dating from 1867 that lies 20 minutes away near Salt Island. For a fee, beginners and certification referral scuba-diving classes are available. On Thursdays, the resort's boat transports guests to Virgin Gorda, where they can rent a jeep or car to explore the island or snorkel the famous Baths of Virgin Gorda. Picnic lunches are included in the meal plan rates, but a fee is charged for transportation. The resort utilizes the resident 41-foot Silmaril Sailboat, which can be chartered for half and full-day trips. Deep-sea and inshore fishing charters are also available nearby.
The recreational activities listed below are available at the resort. Fees might be charged.
- Bicycle rentals
- Hiking/biking trails
- Mountain biking
- Running track/path
- Every 5th night FREE
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages stocked in room fridge throughout stay
- Arrival amenity
Memo to the guests of Peter Island Resort and Spa
Phase 1 – April 29th to May 8th – Project begins – Arrival of equipment barges, fencing goes up around the marina, demo of dock and landscaping. Sound disturbance will be moderate and limited to Ocean View Rooms. Phase 2 – May 8th to June 19th – Pile Construction – This project will take 4 to 6 weeks. There will be 72 wood columns that will be piled into the seabed in the Sprat Bay marina. Sound disturbance will be High with constant thumping throughout the day from 9am to 6pm. Trench digging for new plumbing to Ocean View Rooms Phase 3 – June 20th to 3rd Quarter 2015 – Construction of the new Marina and Dive Shop office and new Guest Welcome Center. Sound disturbance will be moderate and limited to Ocean View Rooms.
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport