- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Based ontraveler reviews
- Complimentary shuttle service takes guests around the resort, including to Cow Head Trail, a half-mile hike that culminates at 400 feet above sea level with a spectacular sunset and Caribbean view.
What to Expect:
- Opened in 1964 by Laurance Rockefeller (son of John D.) as one of his harmonious-with-nature resorts, Little Dix Bay offers a Robinson-Crusoe-with-dress-code experience. Arriving on the resort's boat from the airport, guests see a postcard-perfect bay surrounded by green hills and edged by a crescent beach 500 acres of property in all, only 200 acres developed. Gradually the eye picks out a cluster of soaring, many-angled wood-shingle roofs (the Pavilion dining area) and widely spaced thatched shades ringing the beach. These number 59, an example of the spaciousness and privacy here even when the resort is fully booked.
- Protected by a coral reef, Little Dix Bay offers calm-water swimming and snorkeling opportunities as well as a half-mile beach furnished with 59 thatched shades (bohios) widely spaced the length of the beach for privacy. Complimentary water-taxi service transports guests to 7 other secluded beaches on Virgin Gorda and to the Baths at Virgin Gorda, a famed series of grottoes and pools. For rejuvenation-with-a-view, the resort's health spa is located atop a hill and includes cliffside treatment rooms with indoor and outdoor showers and panoramic vistas.
Lee Road, The Valley
Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands, VG 1150
British Virgin Islands
- British Virgin Islands
Airport:Terrance Lettsome International Airport EIS
- Garden View -
These rooms are cooled by ceiling fans and offer romantic views.
- Premium Ocean View -
These rooms feature air-conditioning and offer ocean views in spectacular lush surroundings, all with private patio deck.
- Ocean Cottage -
Hexagonal-shaped, four to each building with 2 up and 2 down- close to beach and beautiful ocean views, all interconnecting with new expanded bath tub & separate shower.
- Beach Front Cottage -
Some of these rooms are hexagonal-shaped rooms that are grouped in pairs for optimal privacy. This category features newly expanded bathrooms. Some are positioned on stilts with garden on the ground level, while others are situated closer to the beach.
- Rosewood Junior Suite -
The newest accommodations that enjoy breathtaking ocean views and have large outdoor living area accessed via French doors from the oversized bedroom. The spacious bathrooms include his and hers vanities, separate shower and large soaking tub, as well as an outdoor garden shower.
- One Bedroom Suite -
The 1 bedroom suites are located on the beach and feature a separate bedroom and living room, as well as spacious bathrooms with oversized soaking tubs and separate in and outdoor shower, a private double patio with direct access to the beach and air- conditioning.
- Two or Three Bedroom Beach House -
Ideal for honeymoons and intimate retreats, Ideal for honeymoons and intimate retreats, the waterfront Beach Houses offer premier amenities and service. There are 2 or 3 large bedrooms in addition to an oversized living and dining area, spacious bathrooms with outdoor showers, private pool and dining pavilion/barbecue area.
- Three or Four Bedroom Villa -
Little Dix Bay Villas offer true Caribbean charm, attentive service and a vast array of services and amenities. Each of the unique and spacious three- and four-bedroom villas sit atop the resort with stunning 25 mile views of the Caribbean Sea. A relaxed, yet upscale atmosphere and décor defines these 4,000-square-foot units that blend naturally with Virgin Gorda's tropical surroundings.
- Tree House Suite -
Melding with nature, the charming new Tree House Suites offer a unique sense of seemingly floating among the trees. These suites are the rebirth of the unique stilted Tree House Cottages first built by Laurance Rockefeller. Set just a few steps from the beach, each suite offers a retreat of almost 1,000-sq.-ft. of luxurious living space, finished with materials and colors that evoke the natural teak, the pristine sand, and the cool volcanic stone of the region. Bedrooms and living rooms feature direct access to an expanded wraparound terrace, offering panoramic beach views from an elevated perspective. New bathrooms feature dual vanities, separate tub and indoor shower, as well as a signature outdoor shower. Tree House Suites are truly unique as the only stand-alone suites with both a sundeck and a shaded garden patio directly beneath each suite.
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom telephone
- Bottled water in room (complimentary)
- Ceiling fan
- Climate control
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - dial-up
- Iron/ironing board
- Non-smoking rooms
- Premium bedding
- Rollaway beds
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
Just beyond a colorful barrier reef, lapped by gentle blue waters on a softly curving crescent beach, lies Little Dix Bay, A Rosewood Resort - a truly authentic destination, tamed for sophisticated tastes. The timeless boutique resort on the island of Virgin Gorda offers tranquility found nowhere else in the Caribbean. Little Dix rewards its discerning guests with an instantaneous retreat from their fast-paced lives. In the absence of the commercialism, Little Dix connects one to the surroundings. The following list of amenities are available on-site. Fees may apply.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Business center
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning service
- Fitness equipment
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Laundry service
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (free)
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Suitable for children
- Supervised child care/activities
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- American Express
- Pets not allowed
- Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
- 3 PM
All guests have the option of Complimentary afternoon tea served in the Pavilion Bar and Terrace.
Sugar Mill RestaurantOpen-air sea-view restaurant built around fieldstone tower resembling sugar mill. Flagstone floor. Unfinished-wood ceilings, oil lamps. Linen-service fine dining. Menu featuring seafood, steaks. Dress code: long pants, collared shirts for men. Dinner only.
The Pavilion Dining RoomOpen-air under soaring, many-angled wood-shingle roofs supported by wood beams, rock columns. Flagstone floor and terrace. Breakfast, lunch buffets and à la carte choices. Dinner menu featuring island-style specials. Nightly musical entertainment on terrace for dancing on sea-view terrace. After-sunset dress code: long pants, collared shirts for men.
The Pavilion Bar and TerraceAdjacent to The Pavilion Dining Room. Covered and sea-view terrace seating. Bar menu of sandwiches, snacks served mid-afternoon to early evening. After-sunset dress code: long pants, collared shirts for men.
The Beach Grill and BarOpen-air spot serving lunch daily except Thursday, when barbecue buffet accompanied by steel band offered on remote beach. Sandwiches, salads, burgers, tropical drinks. Dress code: cover-ups and footwear.
The resort provides complimentary snorkeling gear, small sailboats, and kayaks. Play on seven tennis courts (two artificial grass courts are lighted) is also complimentary; private lessons are available for fees. The resort's water taxis provide complimentary transport to nearby uninhabited beaches and to the Baths at Virgin Gorda, a famed series of grottoes and pools. Scuba divers enjoy certification classes. Scuba and snorkeling excursions; sailing and fishing trips, depart from the resort's dock. Hiking trails abound on and near the resort, including a half-mile hike to an altitude of 400 feet for sunset views, and a 1.5-mile hike to a remote swimming beach.Other recreational activities listed below are available near the resort. Fees might be charged.
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Hiking/biking trails
- Running track/path
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport