- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Castaway Island Resort
Based ontraveler reviews
- A complimentary hospitality bungalow is available for guests who have checked out, but aren't quite ready to leave.
What to Expect:
- Arriving at this island resort by motorized catamaran, floatplane, or helicopter, guests are invited to enjoy a tropical escape amid of palm groves and white-sand beaches. Daily activities, evening entertainment, and a wealth of recreational opportunities keep kids and adults entertained day and night, while the friendly staff makes them feel like they're returning members of an extended island family.
- Recreation is the focus at this resort, which offers a wealth of complimentary ways to play, including sailing, snorkeling, and windsurfing, plus a tennis court and freshwater pool. Scuba diving, waterskiing, and jet skiing are also available for a surcharge. In the evening, guests can enjoy two restaurants and a poolside bar, along with weekly entertainment, including beach barbecues, cocktail receptions, and traditional Fijian feasts with music and dance.The resort also offers a full schedule of supervised children's activities for kids ages three and older. The complimentary service includes both daytime and evening activities. Parents, meanwhile, will appreciate the resort's massage services, which include traditional Fijian therapies provided in a garden bungalow, on the beach, or in the privacy of guests' accommodations.
PRIVATE MAIL BAG, NADI AIRPORT
- Mamanuca Islands
Airport:Nadi International NAN
OverviewCastaway offers sixty six spacious, traditionally thatched Fijian style bures (bungalows) with a choice of beach front, ocean view or island location. All bures feature one king size bed and most include two additional single beds in their configuration, with those bures comfortably sleeping up to four persons.In the interests of maintaining the quality of the Castaway Island experience, our policy is set to limit a maximum of four persons per bure (or up to ten persons in our one family beach bure).Each traditionally thatched bure features a high vaulted "tapa" lined ceiling with overhead fans. In most bures, sleeping and living quarters are separate with the emphasis being on privacy and comfort. All bures feature quality island style furnishings, fabrics and linen. Additionally a refrigerator together with tea and coffee making facilities are provided.All bures have a large ensuite bathroom including separate shower, toilet and vanity area complete with hairdryer and toiletries with a Fijian flair.
Castaway Island, Fiji's reception area is open from 6:30 AM to midnight. During those hours, guests have access to Internet, telephone, and fax services. For more personalized requirements than the Kids Club provides, a babysitting service is available by contacting reception. The babysitters are in high demand and to ensure the Castaway family member of your choice, booking in advance is essential. Babysitting is F$5.00 per hour, paid in cash directly to the babysitter.Resortwear fashions, swimwear, island jewelry, gifts, books and souvenirs together with general store pharmaceutical and toiletry items are available from 8:30am to 10:00pm daily at the Boutique and General Store.The following list of amenities are available on-site; fees may apply.
- Currency exchange
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Internet access in public areas - dial-up
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Massage - treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Poolside bar
- Private beach
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Shopping on site
- Supervised child care/activities
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
The information on this listing is provided by the hotel/resort. Public-area and accommodations amenities listed are subject to change without notice and may not be available upon arrival. Property features and photos are meant for illustrative purposes; actual appearances and details may vary.Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit is required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- 10 AM
Your day starts with a Castaway buffet breakfast including Fiji's tropical fruits and juices, cereals, a selection of hot dishes and accompaniments including bacon, sausages, eggs any style, fresh baked croissants, hotcakes and Danish pastries, tea selection and fresh brewed coffee. The all day casual dining menu features light snacks and meals throughout the day to early evening.
At night you dine alfresco under a canopy of stars overlooking the clear waters of the Pacific. The a la carte menu features the freshest Fijian seafood and crustaceans, with prime grade beef, poultry and local Fijian specialties together with fresh vegetables, crisp salads and crusty home baked breads - complemented by a hand selected wine list.
Additionally, the gourmet wood fired pizzas available in the Sundowner Bar are not to be missed.
Water's Edge RestaurantLarge umbrellas and sweeping vistas add to the charm of this terrace restaurant overlooking the beach. Buffet breakfasts, all-day casual dining, and dinner under the stars with fresh Fijian seafood are among the highlights.
Sundowner BarOpen from late morning until late evening, this lounge is a popular spot for drinks, snacks, and wood-fired pizzas.
Lily Pond BarLocated next to the resort pool, this watering hole offers cocktails, cold beers, and Fiji-style ice cream cones.
Meal PlanThe Castaway Island meal plan offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with unrestricted choice from all our menus including theme nights, at a daily set price. The meal plan may be purchased on the island and is flexible recognizing various arrival and departure times. The meal plan does not include alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and specialty coffees.
Guests enjoy complimentary use of the resort's windsurfers, catamarans, and snorkeling equipment. A wealth of other activities, including jet skiing, waterskiing, scuba diving, banana boat rides, and snorkeling trips to the outer reef, are available for a surcharge. A freshwater pool and outdoor tennis court with complimentary equipment are also on site.The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Boat launch
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Hiking/biking trails
- Jet skiing
- Motor boating
- Rowing or canoeing
- Scuba diving
- Water skiing
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport