- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Pre & Post Cruise
El Silencio Lodge & Spa
Based ontraveler reviews
- Guests can pick their own vegetables from the hotel’s organic garden to create a fresh, custom salad.
What to Expect:
- Inspired by Costa Rica’s traditional rural farms and countryside homes, this eco-friendly hotel was designed with wood, bamboo, and glass elements throughout. The hotel’s “rustic zen” ambiance attracts nature enthusiasts and couples seeking a relaxed Costa Rica vacation. El Silencio Lodge & Spa is best suited for children 8 and older who have an interest in nature.
- Guests can start their day with an outdoor yoga class and then hike through the surrounding tropical forest. Highlighting local ingredients, the on-site spa offers a variety of relaxing treatments including the Costa Rica Mud Miracle and the Invigorating Organic Coffee Body Wrap (surcharge). After a day of activities, guest can indulge in gourmet cuisine prepared with regional produce at the on-site restaurant.
Bajos de Toro Amarillo Sarchi Norte
- San Jose Area
Airport:Juan Santamaria International Airport SJO
El Silencio Lodge & Spa offers 16 cottage suites, all of which feature balconies with rocking chairs and spa tubs. Built on stilts to preserve the forest’s natural topography, suites feature bamboo ceiling tiles, energy-efficient lighting, and gas fireplaces. Amenities include premium bedding and complimentary toiletries. Accommodations do not include televisions; however, there is a LCD TV and DVD player in the main lodge.
- Suite -
Bewildering lush landscapes are to be enjoyed in stylish comfort. El Silencio Lodge & Spa features sixteen upscale cottage suites interspersed in a tiered layout. Each suite sits on above-ground pillars to respect the forest’s natural topography and features bamboo ceiling tiles, energy-efficient lighting, and a gas fireplace.
Designed by Costa Rican architect, Ronald Zurcher, El Silencio’s stunning suites evoke the clean lines of the region’s rural farmhouses in a style some have dubbed “rustic zen”. The overall effect is what visiting author Susan Crandell described as “A Castle in the Clouds” (Town & Country Magazine, Sep 09).
- Complimentary toiletries
- Jetted tub
- Premium bedding
Located in Costa Rica’s Central Volcanic Valley, this hotel is surrounded by private tropical forest. The on-site spa offers massages, facials, and body treatments, plus an outdoor yoga deck overlooking a creek and the tropical forest. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Las Ventanales Restaurant serves healthy cuisine prepared with all regional ingredients, including fresh vegetables from the organic garden on site. The hotel’s main lodge includes a gift shop, a meeting room, and a media room with a LCD TV. Amenities include concierge services and tour assistance.
El Silencio Lodge & Spa is a smoke-free property.
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Complimentary breakfast
- Concierge services
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Massage - treatment room(s)
- Meeting room(s) (small groups)
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Number of rooms:
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed, and may incur additional charges.
- Pets not allowed
El Silencio Lodge and Spa has a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A complimentary breakfast is served each morning in the dining room.
Las Ventanales RestaurantServes Costa Rican cuisine prepared with all regional ingredients including organic herbs and vegetables from the on-site garden. Signature dishes include regional fish, free-range poultry, and vegetarian dishes. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
This Costa Rica hotel offers outdoor yoga classes on a deck surrounded by tropical forest.
Activities near the resort include horseback riding, river rafting, mountain biking, and canopy zip lining (surcharges apply).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bird watching
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Mountain biking
- Yoga classes/instruction
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport