- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
- Guests not up for the thrill of white water rafting can still experience the beauty of the Pacuare River on the Inflatable Duckies Tour (surcharge). While taking in gorgeous scenery, guests paddle down a relatively calm stretch of the river on inflatable kayaks.
What to Expect:
- After arriving by raft or ground transportation, guests are welcomed at the main lodge appointed with teak floors, tropical flowers, and locally crafted wood furniture. Ideal for romantic getaways, the lodge has a quiet, candlelit ambiance (there is no electricity). Children are permitted at the property; however, activities and facilities are geared toward adults and children over 12.
- Located in the main lodge, the open-air restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and three-course dinners in a communal environment. The lodge also features a lounge area and a small bar. Guests can participate in a range of optional activities including horseback riding, canyoning, and hiking (surcharge). In-room massages are available by appointment (surcharge).
- San Jose Area
Airport:Juan Santamaria International Airport SJO
Pacuare Lodge offers stand-alone bungalows with palm-thatched roofs and terraces with views of the rain forest and/or Pacuare River. Accommodations feature hardwood flooring, sitting areas, and canopy beds. Private bathrooms include outdoor showers with solar heated water. In an effort to preserve the property’s peaceful environment, all bungalows are electricity free, except for the Jungle View Rooms, which have limited electricity.
Room rates at this Costa Rica hotel include the following: transportation from San José; bilingual guide; typical Costa Rican breakfast in route; Pacuare River rafting tour or ground transportation to the lodge (depending on preference); professional guides and equipment; all meals; use of private installations at river take-out; return transportation to San José with guide. Alcoholic beverages are not included.
- Access via exterior corridors
- Massage - available in room
- Private bathroom
Set amid rain forest along the Pacuare River, Pacuare Lodge is located in the center of Costa Rica, about a two-hour drive from San José. The main lodge features an open-air restaurant and kitchen on the first floor as well as a large pine deck overlooking the river. Upstairs, the lodge offers a bar and a small lounge. All meals are included in the room rate, and coffee and tea are available throughout the day and evening; alcoholic beverages are available for purchase. Optional tours and activities include horseback riding, hiking, and canopy tours (surcharges apply).
Pacuare Lodge is a smoke-free property.
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Coffee in lobby
- Complimentary breakfast
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Smoke-free property
- Tour assistance
The minimum age to participate in river rafting is 12.
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed, and may incur additional charges.
Lodge Dining RoomLodge restaurant serving communal-style meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Buffet breakfast includes eggs, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, tropical fruit, and homemade bread. Lunch dishes may include pasta, pizza, salad, or couscous. Candlelit dinners include a soup or salad, a choice of beef, chicken, or fish with a vegetable side dish, and a dessert. Wines and a selection of spirits and liquors are available for purchase.
In addition to white water rafting, the resort offers a variety of optional tours including canopy adventures, hiking, and horseback riding (surcharge). The resort also offers yoga retreats that include daily yoga, hiking, and a zip line tour (surcharge). Note: the minimum age to participate in white water rafting is 12.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Rowing or canoeing
- Yoga classes/instruction
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport