- Special Offers
- About Us
Altana Traditional Houses
Based ontraveler reviews
- The Altana Traditional Houses in Santorini offers an variety of tea's and herbal infusions, gourmet chocolate drinks and coffees, salads and light vegetable, and other traditional dishes prepared with the freshest and highest quality organic produce grown by the Altana's own farm.
What to Expect:
- Perched high above the Aegean Sea in the village of Imerovigli on the Greek Isle, the intimate Altana Traditional Houses offers 9 suites and apartments designed in a traditional Cycladic style. The hotel features whitewashed walls, domed ceilings, and sea-blue accents. The Santorini resort immerses guests into the history of the island with traditional and authentic accommodations and welcomes guests with a relaxed ambiance - attracting honeymooners and couples seeking a romantic getaway.
- The Altana's outdoor pool is situated on the highest level of the resort, the highest swimming pool on the island of Santorini; and is the only location on the island that offers an uninterrupted lighthouse view of over 340 degrees of the whole island. Guests can enjoy complimentary continental breakfast, snacks and drinks throughout the day at the Kafeneio (casual dining area), a luxury spa treatment, or request a wellness seminar.
Santorini, 84 700
Airport:Santorini Airport JTR
The Altana Traditional Houses on the Greek Isle of Santorini offers 9 studios, apartments, and suites with spectacular views of the Caldera and the Aegean from private verandas, where guests can relax and enjoy the best views that Santorini has to offer. All accommodations are traditionally decorated and offer air conditioning, complimentary wireless internet, hairdryer, direct dial phone, house keeping, and windows that open. Some accommodations offer private, in room Jacuzzi-tubs or on the veranda, separate sitting areas, and kitchenettes in addition to other amenities.
- Studio -
One queen bed. Located in the middle level of the hotel with views of the Aegean Sea and the Santorini Caldera. The studio is a cosy, small apartment, traditionally decorated in the characteristic Santorinian architectural style, with a luxurious touch. A uniform space consisting of a single area double bedroom, with original sitting furniture or built sofa. Can accommodate two people.
- One Bedroom Apartment -
One queen and one twin bed. Located on the 2nd level of the hotel with views of the Aegean Sea and the Santorini Caldera. The One Bedroom Apartment is a two-space apartment, traditionally decorated in the characteristic Santorinian architectural style, with a luxurious touch. Consists of a double bedroom and separate sitting area or small lounge. Also contains fully equipped open plan kitchenette with traditional features such as handcrafted marble basins. Reformed from a building of 1884. Can accommodate three people.
- One Bedroom Apartment Superior -
One queen and one twin bed. Located on the 1st level of the hotel with views of the Aegean Sea and the Santorini Caldera. The One Bedroom Apartment Superior is a two-space apartment in two levels with an open-plan bathroom as an extension to the bedroom, traditionally decorated in the characteristic Santorinian architectural style with a luxurious touch. Consists of a double bedroom with open plan bathroom, containing a Jacuzzi bathtub, separate sitting lounge, and a fully equipped kitchenette. Ideal for couples.
- One Bedroom Apartment Large -
One queen and one twin bed. Located on the 1st floor of the hotel with views of the Aegean Sea and the Santorini Caldera. The One Bedroom Apartment Large unit is a larger two-space cavernous apartment, restored from an original two century old traditional cave-house. Consists of a double bedroom and separate sitting lounge. Also contains an open plan kitchenette with traditional features such as handcrafted marble basins. Reformed from a building of 1834. Comfortably accommodates three people.
- Two Bedroom Suite -
Two queen beds, one twin bed, and sofa bed. Located on the 2nd level of the hotel with views of the Aegean Sea and the Santorini Calders. The Two Bedroom Suite is a large cavernous one century old apartment, rebuilt and decorated in the original, traditional Santorinian architectural style, from a building of 1834. Consists of two double bedrooms, two bathrooms (one of which is en-suite), and a large sitting and dining lounge. Also contains fully equipped open plan kitchenette with traditional features. Comfortably accommodates five persons. Can accommodate six people with the use of a sofa bed.
- VIP Suite -
Two queen beds, one twin bed, and sofa bed. Located on the 1st level of the hotel with views of the Aegean Sea and the Santorini Caldera. The VIP Suite is a luxurious, large apartment, decorated in the characteristic, traditional Santorinian architectural style. This three-spaced suite consists of one cavernous double bedroom and a spacious, airy lounge in two generous open levels. Bathroom contains a handcrafted, tiled bath with Jacuzzi massage jets. Also contains an original open plan kitchenette with traditional features. Can comfortably accommodate three people.
- Private Studio Superior -
One double bed. The newly renovated Private Studio Superior suite is a romantic cavernous studio in two open-plan levels decorated in the characteristic, traditional Santorinian architectural style. It offers the most private veranda on the property and includes a private, external Jacuzzi-pool with a panoramic view of the Santorini caldera and Aegean Sea.
- Honeymoon Suite -
One queen bed. Located on the top level of the hotel. The Honeymoon Suite is one of the highest accommodation options on the whole island. The Honeymoon Suite is a cosy and romantic, luxurious studio, minimally decorated. Located at the highest inhabited point of Santorini it offers the ultimate caldera experience. Panoramic views of the whole island both from the interior area (with windows surrounding the room) and from the veranda, perched high on the cliff of Imerovigli make it a truly unique space. Arranged in two open plan levels, consists of a double bed and lounge area. This suite contains an indoor private Jacuzzi pool with majestic views of the whole island and the Aegean. Also offers a private balcony in addition to its veranda. Strictly for two.
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Hair dryer
- Internet access - complimentary
- Internet access - wireless
- Window opens
Located in the village of Imerovigli, this hotel is perched above the Aegean Sea and Santorini's famous caldera. The hotel offers an outdoor pool, spa tub, and a traditional “Kafeneio” or casual dining area where guests can enjoy complimentary Continental breakfast, light snacks, and drinks including ouzo.
Fitness and wellness seminars are offered throughout the year including : yoga, chi-kung, hiking, meditation, special detoxifying diet, stress management courses and relaxation techniques (surcharge).
The Altana Traditional Houses also offers a rich variety of massage treatments (including holistic, thai, shiatsu, physiotherapy, and other techniques) as well as acupuncture treatments.
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Complimentary breakfast
- Dry cleaning service
- Fax machine
- Internet access in public areas - complimentary
- Internet access in public areas - wireless
- Laundry service
- Massage - treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Number of rooms:
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit is required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests made via this Web site cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- 2 PM
- 12 PM
A complimentary continental breakfast is provided each morning.
KafeneioA preserved cave-house cafe-bar and casual dining area serving light snacks and drinks including ouzo. Complimentary home made continental breakfast available each morning until noon. The restaurant also offers homemade delicacies, sweets, and wine-tastings.
The hotel features an outdoor pool and spa tub with panoramic views high above the caldera. This Santorini resort offers seminars for chi-kung, hiking, meditation, special detoxifying diet, yoga, stress management courses and relaxation techniques from May to October; and can be are arranged subject to availability of accommodation and weather conditions. Private yoga sessions can be arranged throughout the season under notification prior to arrival and are subject to availability of a specialist for the given time of interest.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply
- Hiking/biking trails
- Scuba diving
- Yoga classes/instruction
European Riches 2013
- European Riches 2013
- Daily continental breakfast
- Welcome drink for two
- Private Santorini orientation session on island history tailored to guests' interests
- A carafe of vintage Santorini Vinsanto dessert wine with fruits & traditional sweets platter served on guests' veranda or in-room at sunset on evening of choice
- 15% discount on exclusive menu massage treatments
- 15% discount on their "Gourmet Experience" private candlelit dinner for two at sunset on guests' veranda on evening of choice, including special menu of local traditional delicacies prepared with unique organic produce from Altana farm, excluding beverages, once per stay
- Early check-in/late check-out subject to availability.
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-635-1333 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport