- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Belmond Hotel Splendido
Based ontraveler reviews
Greetings from the Hotel General Manager
As a 'Welcome Message' I would like to point out some reasons to come to Portofino...
- the enchanting beauty of the landscape
- the romantic walkings for couples or the hiking on the mount of Portofino (maybe with a botanist who will help to recognize the spontaneous herbs and their use in cookery)
- typical Italian and tasty ligurian dishes at our Restaurants 'La Terrazza' and 'Chuflay Bar'
- The sea... all the area (tigullio gulf) declared by regional low protected marine park
- The nature...the mount of Portofino has been elected natural protected park area
- The flowers of our magnificent garden, surrounding Splendido
- The mild climate all over the year: sunny in winter, and a fresh marine breeze in summer when everywhere else it's hot
- The prestige and uniqueness of the location: a place to spot famous faces all around. Since 1952 illustrious visitors vistid the Hotel and the village...to mention only some: Lauren Bacall, Huphrey Bogart, Elisabeth Taylor, Liza Minelli, Clarke Gable, Ingrid Bergman, Rex Harrison (Reminding La Dolce Vita!)
- The best place where Guests can decide to lye lazy at the pool, experience nature (hiking, biking, swimming) but also enjoy history and art visiting the nearby town of Genoa rich of museums, medieval churches and buildings.
And last but not least...THE SPLENDIDO TEAM ready to 'cuddle' our very special Guests.
Ermes De Megni
- Nearby Cinque Terre comprises five quaint villages perched on rugged cliffs above the sea. Ideal for a day trip, the villages are connected by a scenic walking path. The concierge can assist with travel arrangements to the area, which is accessible by train, car, or boat.
What to Expect:
- Formerly a 16th-century monastery, this four-story building opened as a hotel in 1901. Nestled amid woodland and lush gardens, this exclusive hotel is perched on a hillside providing stunning sea views. With a graceful ambiance and reputation for impeccable service, the hotel has hosted numerous celebrities, politicians, and elite world travelers since its opening.
- The hotel features a heated saltwater pool overlooking the sea and a tennis court set amid gardens. Guests seeking relaxation can enjoy spa treatments and yoga classes at the wellness center, which also features an exercise room with sea views. The open-air restaurant serves Italian specialties, and the poolside restaurant offers lunch buffets and snacks.
SALITA BARRATTA, 16
Airport:Genoa Airport GOA
Hotel Splendido offers 64 guestrooms and suites individually appointed with classic furnishings in a pastel color scheme. Many rooms offer sea views and some feature terraces or balconies. Bathrooms include heated towel racks, bathrobes and slippers, and designer toiletries. Rooms are equipped with satellite TVs, DVD players, and direct-dial phones. Other amenities include minibars, complimentary newspapers, and fresh flowers.
- Air conditioning
- Cable/satellite TV
- CD player
- Child care (in room, surcharge)
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- DVD player
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Internet access - dial-up
- Internet access - high speed
- Internet access - surcharge
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Welcome amenities
- Window opens
Set amid woodland and exotic gardens, this hotel overlooks the bay and small harbor of Portofino on the Italian Riviera. The on-site wellness center offers facials, massages, beauty treatments, yoga and Pilates classes, and an exercise room overlooking the sea. Guests can relax in lounge chairs by the pool while enjoying refreshments from the poolside bar or take a boat trip around the Gulf of Tigullio aboard the hotel's motor boat (surcharge). Hotel amenities include 24-hour room service, concierge services, and laundry/dry cleaning service.
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Audio-visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Business services
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning service
- Event catering
- Fitness equipment
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Internet access in public areas - high speed
- Laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (free)
- Parking (valet)
- Poolside bar
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shoe shine
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Swimming pool
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Video library
- Wedding services
- Wheelchair accessible
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed, and may incur additional charges.
- American Express
- Diners Club
- JCB International
- Small pets only
- 2:00 PM
- 12:00 PM
La TerrazzaFresh fish, homemade pastas, and other Italian and Ligurian specialties are served on an open-air terrace with expansive views of Portofino Bay and the Tigullian Gulf. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Pool Restaurant and BarBuffet-style lunches and snacks, including an array of regional specialties and beverages, are served beside the pool. Open mid-morning until early evening.
Cocktail and Piano BarHand-painted walls, black and white marble floors, and an outdoor terrace overlooking the bay create an inviting Ligurian ambience in this lounge.
Guests can play tennis on the all-weather court, work out at the fitness center, and swim in the heated saltwater pool. A speedboat is available for local excursions (surcharge), and several hiking trails are accessible from the hotel.
The Golf Club of Rapallo, about a 20-minute drive from the hotel, is one of the oldest golf courses in Italy.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Motor boating
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport