- Special Offers
- About Us
Grand Hotel Villa Medici
Based ontraveler reviews
- The fifth floor offers a small terrace with extensive city views. There is also a secluded suntrap as well as tables and chairs.
What to Expect:
- The marble entrance opens into a lavish central lounge area, complete with a domed ceiling, marble columns, and furnishings in red-and-gold silk. A proscenium arch leads to the reception desk. With a regal atmosphere, Grand Hotel Villa Medici draws many tourists (primarily adults).
- Grand Hotel Villa Medici offers an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by grass and shady trees (open seasonally). There is also a fitness center with exercise machines, a sauna, and a steam room. Additional amenities at this Italy hotel include a concierge desk, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and 24-hour room service. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Via Il Prato 42
Airport:Florence Peretola Airport FLR
This hotel offers 100 guestrooms on four floors. Eighty percent of the rooms have balconies; a few have roof terraces. Accommodations are individually styled with period decor including silk wall coverings and floor-length velvet curtains. Color schemes generally incorporate rich reds or yellows. Carrara marble bathrooms are equipped with scales and separate telephones; many have jetted tubs. Amenities include in-room safes, climate control, and turndown service. Cell-phone rentals and computer rentals are available on request. Non-smoking rooms are also available.
- Classic Room -
The refined 25 square meter classic rooms have a king sized or twin beds and overlook the square in front of the hotel. They have classical furnishings, Carrara marble bathrooms, and bath-tubs with showers. 269 sq. ft.
- Superior Room -
The spacious 27 square meter superior rooms have views of the beautiful gardens with a swimming pool, the park of the internal convent or the square in front of the hotel. They have classical or contemporary furnishings and Carrara marble bathrooms with bath tubs and showers. King or twin beds. 290 sq. ft.
- Deluxe Room -
The attractive 29 square meter deluxe rooms with balconies have wonderful garden views with the swimming pool or the internal convent's park. They have classical or contemporary furnishings and Carrara marble bathrooms with bath-tubs and showers. King sized or twin beds. 312 sq. ft.
- Junior Suite -
The spacious 38 square meter junior suites have classical or contemporary furnishings, a living room area and two bathrooms. The rooms overlook the charming park of the internal convent or a courtyard. They have Carrara marble bathrooms with bath tubs and separate shower stalls with either king sized or twin beds. 409 sq. ft.
- Suite -
These refined 45 square meter suites, some with balconies, overlook the enchanting gardens with the swimming pool or the park of the internal convent. They consist of a bedroom, a large living room, and two Carrara marble bathrooms. They are furnished with antiques and can have a king sized or twin beds. 484 sq. ft.
- Suite Penthouse -
The 38 square meter penthouse suites, on the hotel's fifth floor, have stunning views of Florence. And the view is even more beautiful from the 55 square meter terraces which have Jacuzzis and solariums. They have classical furnishings and consist of a bedroom with a king sized bed, a living room and marble bathrooms with Jacuzzis and showers. 409 sq. ft.
- Royal Suite Il Magnifico -
This 130 square meter royal suite is furnished in Imperial style with precious antiques and art work. Located on the noble floor with a balcony overlooking the square in front of the hotel. This Suite has high ceilings, a deluxe bedroom with a king sized bed, a large living room with a fireplace and study, and a spacious Botticino marble bathroom. 1399 sq. ft.
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom scale
- Bathroom telephone
- Cable/satellite TV
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Direct-dial phone
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (daily)
- In-room safe (accommodates laptop)
- Internet access - surcharge
- Internet access - wireless
- Makeup mirror
- Massage - available in room
- Rollaway beds
- Sewing kit
- Smoking rooms
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
Grand Hotel Villa Medici occupies a former noble's palace, three blocks from Santa Maria Novella Church. Public spaces feature ornate decor and period furnishings. Outside, a walled garden encircles a swimming pool. There is also a fitness center on site with fitness equipment, a sauna, steam room, and hydro-massage. Other amenities include two restaurants, a bar, 24-hour room service, and childcare services. The top floor houses meeting rooms, ranging from small to grand. The largest, known as the Royal Suite, can accommodate banquets.
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Audio-visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Complimentary breakfast
- Computer rental
- Concierge desk
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Fitness equipment
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Internet access in public areas - wireless
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Meeting room(s) (small groups)
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking (valet)
- Poolside bar
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Shoe shine
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
There are no room charges for children 12 and younger when staying in the same room as their parents or guardians.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed, and may incur additional charges.
- Pets not allowed
- 2 PM
A complimentary buffet breakfast is provided each morning.
Lorenzo de’ MediciIntimate restaurant decorated with warm colors. Serves international cuisine with Tuscan influences.
The ConservatoryInformal restaurant with a large picture window overlooking the garden. Serves international cuisines and regional specialties.
Jockey BarServes a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks including coffee and tea. Opens to the garden and swimming pool area.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
European Riches 2013
- European Riches 2013
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Tuscan Vinsanto dessert wine and "Cantucci" biscuits in room upon arrival
- One 3-course dinner for two excluding beverages on evening of choice
- One-category room upgrade guaranteed at time of booking
- Late check-out guaranteed until 3:00 pm.
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-635-1333 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport