- Tours and Activities
- Special Offers
- About Us
Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Resort
Based ontraveler reviews
- For the ultimate romantic retreat, couples can reserve a private island for the day. The resort provides transportation to the island and a gourmet picnic lunch complete with a bottle of champagne. Reservations are required and surcharges apply.
What to Expect:
- Nestled on 17 oceanfront acres, this eco-friendly resort resembles a traditional Fijian village with thatched-roof buildings. With just 25 bures (bungalows), the resort has an intimate and low-key ambiance free from modern-day distractions. Families and couples appreciate the resort's picturesque surroundings and abundant cultural, environmental, and recreational activities.
- Guests can swim in the family pool, relax in the oceanfront serenity pool, or enjoy water sports at the beach. Parents can indulge in rejuvenating treatments at the on-site spa while children enjoy supervised activities at the Bula Club. Overlooking the ocean, the open-air restaurant serves international cuisine with island influences for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Vanua Levu ,
Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Resort offers 25 bures. Built with local timbers and traditional thatched roofs, all bures feature rattan furnishings, king-size beds with custom-made mattresses, and sitting areas with desks. Private patios offer garden or ocean views. Amenities include bathrobes, hair dryers, French press coffeemakers, and minibars stocked with complimentary beverages and snacks. In an effort to create an environment free of distractions, bures do not have telephones or TVs.
Room rates at this Fiji hotel include all meals, non-alcoholic bottled beverages, and ground transfers to and from Savusavu Airport.
- Two Bedroom Oceanfront Bure -
Ideal accommodations for a family of four or five who want ocean views, comfort and more privacy, the bure offers two bedrooms and small sitting area in the main bedroom. The main bedroom features one king bed and one day bed. The smaller second bedroom provides two twin beds. The bure is approximately 542 square feet with a deck of 168 square feet.
- Gardenview Bure -
Gardenview bures overlook tropical foliage, colorful flowers and exotic plants. Each bure is about 440 square feet with a 225 square feet deck, with a king bed and a day bed. Ideal accommodations for a couple with up to 2 children 12 years and under (rollaway bed for 2nd child).
- Honeymoon Point Reef Bure with Spa tub -
This one-of-a-kind bure is similar to the Point Reef bures, but features its own private spa tub on the deck overlooking the sea. Located on the point among secluded gardens, it's an oasis of private indulgence, perfect accommodations for honeymoon couples.
- Oceanfront Bure -
Oceanfront bures are about 440 square feet with a 225 square feet deck including a hammock. Offering privacy and water views, this bure provides one king bed and one day bed. Perfect accommodations for a couple with up to 2 children 12 years and under (rollaway bed for 2nd child).
- Oceanfront Suite Bure -
Accommodations designed for honeymoon couples or a family of four or five, each oceanfront suite bure offers privacy and splendid views. The bure is approximately 540 square feet with a single deck and a large stone mosaic patio, these bures have one king bed & one single day bed in the main area and one king bed in a separate, smaller room.
- Point Reef Bure -
Set apart from the resort in a secluded area but with easy access to all we offer, these private split level bures are very spacious - ideal accommodations for honeymoon couples and romantic getaways. Each bure features about 750 square feet plus a balcony & 200 square foot deck. They have one king bed on the upper level and two separate day beds on the lower level or sitting area. All offer spectacular ocean views from the living room and bedroom. Children are welcome in these bures only during school holidays, including summer vacation.
- The Villa -
Set among an expansive area of lawn, The Villa overlooks lush foliage, colorful flowers and exotic plants. Reflecting Fijian essence, the structure and materials feature local thatch, bamboo reeds and hardwood timbers. Underfoot are a 'wood' deck of recycled materials or imported stone paving. Cotton silk fabrics in vibrant reef colors enrich the decor. The Master Suite features a luxurious bathroom with a generous spa tub with whirlpool, a two-person indoor shower, chaise lounge, and two vanities with Aqua glass vanity bowls, copper Bisazza tiles and beveled gilt mirrors. Stone pillars are lit with custom-made copper torchlights. Floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors open onto lush tropical gardens, where an 11-foot waterfall seems to cascade into the bathroom. Near the waterfall are a two-person outdoor shower and an outdoor cafi table, ideal for morning coffee. A separate, enclosed lavatory overlooks this courtyard. Doors open fully to a view over the upper deck, including two sun lounges and side table. Here the Daybed Pergola, three steps up from the lower deck, overlooks the Horizon Edge Pool - 15 feet wide and four feet deep - and the ocean and reefs beyond. To the right of entry is a spacious, relaxed living area (or second bedroom). It features comfortable lounge seating and convenient kitchenette amenities, including a stovetop, sink and refrigerator stocked with complimentary beverages and snacks. A separate bathroom offers an additional shower and lavatory. This area's doors open onto the alfresco dining deck and pool, while its picture window showcases the Island beyond. Just past the pool is another outdoor shower and steps leading to the Villa's private stone patio and the beachfront.
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Massage - available in room
Set on of a coconut plantation, this Fiji resort is located on the island of Vanua Levu. The resort features four swimming pools: a family pool with a waterslide, an oceanfront serenity pool for adults, a children's pool, and a toddler's pool. The on-site spa offers Fijian-inspired facials, massages, and body treatments (surcharge). Activities include local village excursions, eco adventures, rain forest hikes, snorkeling, scuba diving, and morning yoga classes (surcharges may apply). The complimentary Bula Club offers supervised activities for children up to age 12 and personal nanny services for children under 6.
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Beauty services
- Complimentary breakfast
- Full-service health spa
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Internet access in public areas - wireless
- Massage - treatment room(s)
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Supervised child care/activities
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed, and may incur additional charges.
- 2 PM
- 11 AM
Dining Room and BarOpen-air dining room overlooking the sea. Serves contemporary Fijian, South Pacific, and international cuisine. Features weekly themed dining events. The adjacent bar overlooks the pool and serves a selection of non-alcoholic beverages, wine, beer, and tropical cocktails. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
This Fiji resort features a tennis court, a volleyball court, a family pool, two children's pools, and an adults-only pool. The resort also offers scuba diving excursions and certification courses (surcharge). Other on-site activities include hiking, kayaking, sailing, snorkeling, and morning yoga classes.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails
- Scuba diving
- Yoga classes/instruction
Romance Package Stay 5 Pay 3
- Romance Package Stay 5 Pay 3
- Every 4th and 5th nights FREE
- Bottle of sparkling wine or still wine upon arrival
- Two 60 minute massage treatments (1 per adult per bure)
- Half day Private Island Escape with picnic breakfast or lunch
- Private dinner in a special romantic location
- Welcome Sulu for each adult
- Meet and Greet at Nadi Domestic Terminal and Savusavu Airport
- Round Trip transfers from Savusavu Airport to the resort
- All gourmet meals - a la carte breakfast gourmet lunch and dinner daily, adult and children menus
- Bottled soft drinks, Fiji water, iced tea, homemade lemondae, specialty loose leaf teas, all types of coffee and afternoon tea
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport