- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Castle Hilo Hawaiian Hotel
Based ontraveler reviews
- Directly in front of the hotel is the banyan tree planted by Babe Ruth in 1933. Although more than 40 trees have been planted since the first eight in 1933, none garners more attention that Ruth's, including those planted by President Franklin D. Roosevelt and King George V.
What to Expect:
- Beginning in 1933, celebrities, royalty, and national and local leaders have planted banyan trees on the street around the hotel. Between the deep shade of these trees and the bay is where nearly all of Hilo's hotels are located. Visitors stopping overnight in Hilo or exploring the Big Island stay at Hilo Hawaiian Hotel.
- Though it's within a couple minutes' drive of downtown Hilo, the hotel's location on Banyan Drive gives a sense of tranquil isolation. Guests relax in Hawaiian ambience, swim and sun, and indulge in the spa's massage, body, and facial treatments before and after forays around the Big Island.
71 Banyan Tree Dr.
Hilo, HI 96720
Airport:Kona International Airport KOA
This eight-story Hilo Hawaiian Hotel offers 286 air-conditioned guest rooms with Polynesian-style decor. Most rooms have balconies or patios with expansive views of Hilo Bay and the Pacific Ocean or of banyan trees lining historic Banyan Drive. Amenities include refrigerators and dial-up Internet access.
- Air conditioning
- Cable/satellite TV
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Internet access - dial-up
- Internet access - surcharge
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Non-smoking rooms
The 286-room, eight-story hotel presents a curved face to Hilo Bay, all the better for enjoying how the sky lights up when the sun drops behind 13,796-foot Mauna Kea. In front of the hotel is Coconut Island, which was believed by ancient Hawaiians to contain healing powers. Today the island is a peaceful spot for swimming, picnicking, and fishing. Within a few minutes' walk of the hotel is the large, Japanese-style Liliuokalani Park, which is a favorite strolling spot for visitors.
An Expedia!fun(™) kiosk in the hotel allows guests to book vacation activities, tours, attractions, and services during their stay.
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Health club
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (free)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Suitable for children
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Wheelchair accessible
Extra person charges may apply depending on hotel policy.
Rollaways and cribs may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required upon check-in for incidental charges.
All special requests are subject to availability upon check-in.
Any cancellation made within 72 hours of arrival for stays between January 5 and March 31 will be assessed a two-night cancellation charge.
Any cancellation made within 72 hours of arrival for stays between April 1 and December 22 will be assessed a one-night cancellation charge.
Any cancellation made within 30 days of arrival for stays between December 23 and January 4 will be assessed a two-night cancellation charge.
- 3 PM
Queen's Court RestaurantThis pretty restaurant serves breakfast daily, with a brunch buffet on Sundays. Monday through Thursday, there's a prime rib/crab dinner buffet as well as à la carte choices.
Waioli LoungeMusic or karaoke, appetizers, and tropical drinks are the attractions at the lounge, along with a splendid view of Hilo Bay.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Jet skiing
- Mountain biking
- Running track/path
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport