- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach
Based ontraveler reviews
Greetings from the Hotel General Manager
Aloha from the Hotel General Manager. We invite you to discover the beautiful Kaua`i Marriott Resort. Relax and enjoy our impressive swimming pool or stroll along scenic Kalapaki Beach. Just three miles from Lihue Airport allows you more time to unwind or delight in island activities. Whatever your pleasure, allow us to help make your dream vacation come true. E Komo Mai...come, escape to the Kaua`i Marriott Resort!
- At the terrace level, the gazebos above the pool can be reserved for private dinners.
What to Expect:
- Complimentary shuttle service delivers a steady stream of international guests from nearby Lihue Airport through a tree-shaded avenue leading to the resort's upper entrance. New arrivals descend two stories by steep escalator to a grand esplanade and enormous tropical garden containing waterfalls and koi ponds. The Kauai Marriott boats airy lobby is ringed by pink-marble columns.
- The Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club pool's dimensions are: 210 feet in diameter, 26,000 square feet, 300,000 gallons of water, 1.2 million tiles. Seen from the Aupaka above, the round pool with its scalloped edge features pink-marble waterfalls, a six-pointed sundeck-island, sculpted-animal fountains spraying jets of sparkling water, and a palm-shaded sundeck - including a children's pool - spreading out to restaurants, lounges, and a broad sunning lawn bordering the beach. Five grand, wood-columned gazebos rise two stories from the pool to the Aupaka. Their top levels each contain a single black-marble table offering great views. Their bottom levels each contain a large hot tub next to the pool.
3610 RICE STREET Kalapaki Beach
LIHUE, KAUAI, HI 96766
Airport:Lihue Airport LIH
The Kauai Marriott Resort and Beach Club, situated on a hillside, offers 356 air-conditioned rooms. Most have furnished lanais, while ground-floor garden-view rooms have furnished patios and standard rooms have no balconies or patios. Most rooms have views of the gardens, ocean, or pool.
- Air conditioning
- Cable/satellite TV
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - dial-up
- Internet access - high speed
- Internet access - surcharge
- Iron/ironing board
- Non-smoking rooms
- Pay movies
- Premium TV channel(s)
- Rollaway beds
- Voice mail
This 356-rooms at Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club resort includes a full-service health-and-massage spa, smart shops, and a children's activity program for ages 5-12. Various adult activities are presented daily, including lei-making, hula and scuba diving lessons, water aerobics, yoga, exercise classes, and cooking demonstrations. The concierge desk arranges helicopter sightseeing flights, luaus, golf times, and all other activities available throughout the island. Wireless Internet access is available in the lobby (surcharge).
Between the pool complex and the coconut grove/sunning lawn bordering the beach is a broad path spanning the resort's width and leading to nearby shops, restaurants, and the cruise-ship dock on Kalapaki Bay.
This hotel is entirely smoke-free. Please see the Policies section for additional information regarding designated smoking areas.
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Audio-visual equipment
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in/check-out
- Fitness equipment
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Internet access in public areas - wireless
- Laundry service
- Multilingual staff
- On-site car rental
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking (valet)
- Poolside bar
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Supervised child care/activities
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
- Wheelchair accessible
Designated smoking areas at the Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club are as follows:
- Oceanside of the promenade walkway including the lawn and beach areas
- Promenade walkway oceanside of the Kilohana Tower
- Promenade walkway oceanside of the Haupu Tower
- Parking lot entranceway for Haupu Tower
- Garden area between Kahili Tower and Aupaka Terrace
- Central garden area between the three ballroom courts
For stays December 26 through January 3, a three-night room charge will be assessed on any cancellations of confirmed reservations made less than 30 days prior to arrival, including no-shows.
Rollaways may be available and should be requested at time of booking.
Cribs may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Fees are subject to change without notice.
There is a roundtrip porterage charge of approximately $6.25 per person (subject to change).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required upon check-in for incidental charges.
All special requests are subject to availability upon check-in.
Effective January 9, 2012:
Valet Parking: $19.00/per 24-hour period with in/out privileges
Self Parking: $16.00/per 24-hour period with in/out privileges
Fee includes tax and is subject to change without prior notification.
There is a mandatory daily Resort Activity fee of $30 per room to be paid directly to the hotel by the guest. The fee is subject to tax of 4.166%. The following services are included:
- Daily Self-Parking ($16.00 daily value)
- Local, Inter-island, Toll Free Connect and Long Distance Phone Calls to the United States and Canada
- Unlimited In-Room High-Speed Internet Access ($15.00 daily value)
- Two (2) Mai Tai Drinks per room per stay ($24.00 value)
- Complimentary Hula Lessons
- Complimentary Yoga Classes
- Merchandise Discounts at participating vendors to include Kauai Lagoons Golf Course, Cafe Portofino and merchandise (excluding sunglasses) at the Pool Towel Hut
- Fees and services are subject to change at the discretion of the Hotel
- Pets not allowed
- 4 PM
Kukui's Restaurant & BarLocated near the pool, this open-air restaurant with pale green, pineapple-shaped columns serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There's Hawaiian music nightly, a prime rib/seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday evenings, and a Sunday champagne brunch. A Pacific Rim buffet is also featured nightly.
AupakaOffering spectacular pool and ocean views from above, Aupaka Terrace serves Continental breakfast and espresso in the morning and sushi and tropical drinks in the evening.
Café PortofinoNorthern Italian alfresco dining.
Kalapaki GrillThis spot serves sandwiches, ice cream, snacks, and drinks to sunbathers beside the pool and on the beach.
Duke's Canoe Club & Barefoot BarAn offshoot of Honolulu's favorite Waikiki gathering spot, this casual oceanside place serves light fare at lunch, and local fish, steaks, and tropical drinks at dinner.
The Kauai Marriott Resort and Beach Club provides two beach volleyball courts. The clubhouse for Kauai Lagoon's two golf courses, Kiele and Mokihana, is a quarter-mile away. The Spa & Tennis Club next door, reachable by elevator, includes two tennis courts. Snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing, boogie boarding, sailing, and kayaking are available in Kalapaki Bay, with gear available for rent at the resort. The Wailua River, 15 minutes north, is the longest navigable river in Hawaii and a popular boating and kayaking site.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the Kauai Marriott; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Scuba diving
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Yoga classes/instruction
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport