- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger
Based ontraveler reviews
- Along with its bargain-priced mai tais for happy hour, the bar at the Plantation Gardens Restaurant serves complimentary pupus of exceptional quality and generous size.
What to Expect:
- Imbued with history from both ancient Hawaii and the 19th century, the Kiahuna Plantation preserves an aura of gracious living amid the Garden Island's natural lushness.
- Regarded as one of the world's best for cactus and other succulents, the Moir Gardens include fantastically shaped cacti, 70-year-old orchids, ancient Hawaiian lava-rock walls, ponds, and such artifacts as a grinding stone from Hawaii's first sugar mill and a whaler's melting pot converted into a water-lily planter. Monkey pod trees shade circles more than in diameter and a grove of exotic lauhala trees.
2253 POIPU ROAD
KOLOA, KAUAI, HI 96756-9795
Airport:Lihue Airport LIH
This Hawaii resort, with 42 plantation-style buildings, provides 333 one- and two-bedroom units. Units have patios or lanais with white-wood railings and garden or ocean views. Kitchens and separate living/dining areas are included. Decor features bright prints and golden-brown woods. Instead of air conditioning, units are cooled by ceiling fans and cross-ventilated through louvered shutters. Complimentary high-speed Internet access is available.
- Bathroom telephone
- Cable/satellite TV
- Ceiling fan
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - high speed
- Internet access - surcharge
- Iron/ironing board
- Non-smoking rooms
- Separate sitting area
- Voice mail
The Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation offers guests an opportunity to experience contemporary comfort amidst scenes of a 19th-century Hawaiian sugar plantation. Widely spaced on 33 acres of natural grounds and interspersed with gardens and lava-rock ponds, quaint, low-rise vacation condos near Poipu Beach, which has been described as one of America's best beaches. Access to upper floors is by outside stairs, not elevators.
Barbecue areas, including one on an ocean side sunning lawn and coconut grove, are scattered around the grounds.
The front desk can arrange golf outings, helicopter sightseeing trips, luaus, and all other activities available on Kauai; the desk can also rent out video tapes and arrange massage sessions. A beach hut rents out snorkel sets and boogie boards, and provides complimentary towels and beach chairs.
Other hotel services include luggage storage and dry cleaning. Laundry facilities are on site. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas (surcharge). Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) are available upon request (surcharges apply). The hotel provides drop-off service to the airport on request (surcharge).
Please note that smoking is permitted in only designated areas. Penalties may apply for violations.
- 24-hour front desk
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (free)
- Picnic area
- Preferred Concierge
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Spa services on site
- Suitable for children
- Video library
Number of floors:
Number of rooms:
Number of buildings/towers:
Extra person charges may apply depending on hotel policy.
Rollaways and cribs may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required upon check-in for incidental charges.
All special requests are subject to availability upon check-in.
Castle Kiahuna Plantation and Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation are the same property and share facilities, but are operated by two different management companies.
December 19-January 4, cancellations made less than 15 days prior to arrival or no shows are subject to a two-night room revenue cancellation charge.
Mandatory Checkout Cleaning Fee: Will be collected directly from guest upon check-out. Fee is based upon unit size:
- $70 plus tax - One Bedroom units
- $110 plus tax - Two Bedroom units
- Pets not allowed
- 3 PM
- 11 AM
Plantation Gardens RestaurantHailed as one of Hawaii's best, this spacious restaurant occupies much of the Kiahuna Plantation's original manor house. The manor was a 1930 wedding gift to Alexandra Sandie" Knudsen and Hector Moir from her father who inherited Hawaii's first (1835) sugar plantation from his parents. Walls display photographs chronicling plantation history. Under ceiling fans dining is inside or on a wraparound veranda overlooking gardens and ponds. Wood floors and big wicker chairs evoke an earlier era and slower-paced atmosphere. The shaded bar has its own veranda. Diners are attracted by inventive contemporary Hawaiian fare featuring local fish and other items.
Kiahuna Golf Course is just a three-minute drive away, and the renowned Poipu Bay Resort Golf Course is 10 minutes away. On Kauai, recreational opportunities abound, including those listed below.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation; fees may apply.
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Jet skiing
- Mountain biking
- Scuba diving
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- A reduced room rate
- Free parking
- Free high speed in room internet access
- Outrigger condominiums do not offer maid service as part of the nightly rate. Maid service is available for a fee to be paid direct to the property
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport