- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Based ontraveler reviews
- By starting the day on the remote southeast coast, hotel guests can beat west-coast tourist traffic to attractions such as Blue Pool; Pi'ilanihale Heiau; Wai'anapanapa State Park; and nearby white-, black-, and red-sand beaches. Hana and surrounding areas can be seen from a mountaintop memorial to Hana Ranch founder Paul Fagan; the front desk has keys.
What to Expect:
- Opened in 1947, this 66-acre coastal resort was fully renovated in 2002. Isolated on the eastern side of Maui's Haleakala mountain, it's accessed by a 3-hour drive on a winding, two-lane coast highway, with one-lane bridges over waterfalls. The hotel is set in a working ranch, and horses graze on a bluff overlooking Hana Bay. Celebrating couples, eco-adventurers, and vacationing businesspeople come for Hawaiian history, culture, and entertainment, and the many on-site recreational and spa services.
- The hotel lends gear for snorkeling, bicycling, fishing, and other sports. Other complimentary activities include daily yoga and aqua-aerobics; lei making, ukulele, hula, or pandanus weaving classes; and guided garden walks. Oceanfront horseback trail rides and treatments in the 9-room spa are available for a surcharge.
36 HANA HIGHWAY
HANA, HI 96713
The Hotel Hana Maui features 66 guestrooms, all of which have one king bed or two queen beds with down mattress pads and 300-thread-count organic-cotton sheets. Ceiling fans, screened sliding doors to lanais, and opening windows with adjustable shutters for privacy allow each room to be cooled by ocean breezes. Colorful comforters and curtains are adorned with traditional 18th- and 19th-century kapa (Hawaiian bark art) patterns. Hardwood floors are covered with woven pandanus mats.
- Bathroom telephone
- Bottled water in room (complimentary)
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Designer toiletries
- Extra towels, linens, bedding
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Internet access - dial-up
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Rollaway beds
- Turndown service
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
Each guest's stay at the Travaasa Hana begins with a fragrant fresh flower lei, fruit juice, and a chilled towel presented at the valet-parking driveway or the reception desk. The activity desk lends complimentary equipment for snorkeling, boogie boarding, bicycling, and other sports. A wellness center by the oceanfront pool and spa tub includes cardio equipment, free weights, weight machines, and massage treatment rooms. Spa treatments are available in 9 rooms, all of which offer ocean views, at the hotel spa. Complimentary group activities include daily aqua-aerobics and yoga; hula, lei making, ukulele, and pandanus-weaving lessons; and guided garden walks.
The Paniolo Lounge off the hotel's lobby features live local Hawaiian entertainment five nights a week. A library, salon, gift shop, and Hawaiian art gallery are also adjacent to the lobby area. A club room has cable television, a VCR, a small videotape library, and a desktop PC with high-speed Internet access. Self-service laundry facilities by the garden pool are complimentary for guests.
On Wednesday evenings, managers host a complimentary cocktail reception for guests, with wine, mai tais, sushi, and hors d'oeuvres at the Plantation House.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or cafe´
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Event catering
- Fax machine
- Fitness equipment
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (free)
- Parking (valet)
- Photocopy machines
- Poolside bar
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Security guard
- Self Parking
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Suitable for children
- Supervised child care/activities
- Swimming pool
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Video library
- Wheelchair accessible
The Travaasa Hana is available to "Adults Only," 18 years and older, May 1st thru May 26th and September 1st thru Sep 30, 2005.
There are no refunds provided for early check-out.
Extra person charges may apply depending on hotel policy.
There are no room charges for children 17 and younger occupying the same room as their parents.
Rollaways and cribs may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required upon check-in for incidental charges.
All special requests are subject to availability upon check-in.
- Pets not allowed
- 3 PM
Main dining roomOpen for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the Travaasa Hana offers the only fine dining, serving seasonal Pacific, Asian, and American cuisine, and featuring local seafood and produce. Dress is resort casual. Blue-and-green wave-shaped banners are suspended from the ceiling in this airy dining room with ceiling fans and French doors opening onto a lanai. A Friday-night dinner show includes performances by Hawaiian musicians and dancers.
Paniolo LoungeLocals join hotel guests in this casual open-air lounge adjacent to the hotel lobby. Local Hawaiian musicians and dancers perform Wednesday through Sunday. Seating is available indoors or on the small lanai. The menu includes light fare such as sushi rolls and pupus (Hawaiian appetizers).
Hana Ranch RestaurantThis casual coffee shop serves breakfast and a buffet lunch daily, and dinner on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Seating is split between an air-conditioned dining room and a shaded lanai. The restaurant also has a separate snacks-to-go window open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Poolside snack barDuring the day, guests in swimwear stop here for snacks and drinks.
CateringA catered barbecue luncheon is given daily on Hamoa Beach, reached by complimentary shuttle from the hotel. Box lunches can also be ordered for take-away.
The activities desk at the Travaasa Hana lends snorkeling equipment and boogie boards; tennis racquets and balls; beach-cruiser bicycles; fishing poles; pitch-and-putt golf balls and putters; croquet mallets and balls; and board games at no charge. The hotel has two outdoor pools, and complimentary morning yoga and aqua-aerobics lessons are offered daily at the garden lap pool. The wellness center pool and spa tub have an ocean view and poolside bar. The wellness center includes cardio equipment, free weights and machines, and massage treatment rooms. Guests may also take complimentary lei making, hula, ukulele, or weaving classes, and special activities for children are offered Monday through Friday during July and August.
Complimentary guided garden tours are offered twice a week. Horseback coastline trail rides, private four-wheel drive excursions, beginners tai chi, and guided nature walks are available for a fee.
The wellness center includes a weight room with cardio machines and treatment rooms for hot stone massage, Polynesian mineral body scrub, and a facials using fresh fruits and native nut oils. Hawaiian lomilomi, shiatsu, and Thai massage, as well as Reiki, craniosacral therapy, and energy medicine treatments, are available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the Travaasa Hana; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Running track/path
- Surfing/boogie boarding
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport