- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Collection
Based ontraveler reviews
- The Grand Wailea's art collection features original paintings, sculpture, graphics, murals, and artifacts by such artists as Fernando Botero, Fernand Léger, Pablo Picasso, and Andy Warhol. Works from regional artists are also represented. Also, when open to the public, the Wailea Seaside Chapel located in the resort's most tranquil garden/lawn is worth a visit. Combining New England and Hawaiian influences, the chapel includes woods, 17th-century Italian glass chandeliers, a vaulted ceiling, and a stained-glass mural glowing in the sun.
What to Expect:
- A tree-shaded esplanade curves toward a majestic lobby with an open-air waterfall pond inlaid with mosaics. A meandering network of pools leads to famed Wailea Beach. With immaculate grounds and an extensive art collection, the 40-acre Grand Wailea Resort attracts families, leisure travelers, and celebrating couples.
- The resort's six restaurants and lounges include a terrace bistro, a thatched-roof seafood restaurant, a Japanese tea house, and a swim-up bar. Spa Grande offers about 100 treatments (surcharge), many using island-grown ingredients. The 2,000-foot water canyon includes nine interconnected pools, as well as slides, waterfalls, grottos, and spa tubs.
3850 Wailea Alanui
Wailea, Maui, HI 96753
Spread over five wings, the Grand Wailea - The Waldorf-Astoria Collection’s 780 air-conditioned guestrooms have island-inspired decor, louvered doors, ceiling fans, and private, furnished lanais. Starting at 640 square feet, the spacious Wailea rooms offer high-speed Internet access (surcharge), 55-inch flat screen TVs with premium channels, DVD/VCR (on request), power stations on desk and bedside, coffeemakers, microwave (upon request - fees apply), in-room safes, and internet access (surcharge for upgrade program). Marble bathrooms have oversized tubs, separate glass-encased showers, bathrobes, slippers (upon request) , phones, and signature Spa Grande toiletries.
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom telephone
- Cable/satellite TV
- Ceiling fan
- Child care (in room, surcharge)
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Designer toiletries
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Internet access - complimentary
- Internet access - dial-up
- Internet access - high speed
- Internet access - surcharge
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup mirror
- Massage - available in room
- Microwave (on request)
- Non-smoking rooms
- Pay movies
- Premium TV channel(s)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Rollaway beds
- Separate tub and shower
- Turndown service (on request)
- Video-game console
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
Adjacent to Wailea Beach, the Grand Wailea Resort is within a mile of Wailea's upscale shops, golf club, and tennis complex. The resort stretches across 40 acres of gardens accentuated by art, koi ponds, and waterfalls.
On-site recreation includes a water complex with interconnected pools, a 50,000-square-foot health spa (surcharge), and a health club with sports courts, fitness classes, and personal training (surcharge). Introductory scuba-diving clinics are included in a daily resort fee. Camp Grande (surcharge) offers day and evening activities for children ages 5-12.
Bistro Molokini serves contemporary island cuisine and Humuhumunukunukuapuaa specializes in fresh island seafood. Other dining options include a terrace breakfast restaurant, a casual café, a grotto bar, casual poolside dining at Volcano Bar, and 24-hour room service.
The resort's meeting and event space includes a ballroom for 3,200 guests, an intimate seaside chapel, and 17 breakout rooms. A business center provides copying, faxing, shipping, and high-speed Internet access (surcharges). Included in the daily resort fee, wireless Internet access is available in the lobby and other public areas.
A $30 daily resort charge is collected upon arrival (fee does not include tax and is subject to change without notice). The fee includes:
- A floral lei greeting and tropical punch upon arrival
- Local calls
- High-speed Internet access in guestrooms and wireless Internet access in select public areas
- Coffee or tea in guestrooms
- Use of Spa Grande's cardiovascular and strength-training facilities
- Participation in select fitness classes
- Garden, art, and Hawaiian Cultural tours
- Admission to introductory scuba clinics and water aerobics
- A floral lei greeting and tropical punch upon arrival
Valet parking only. No self parking. A $30 daily valet fee per car, per day, plus tax to be paid direct. Valet fee is in addition to the daily resort charge.
Fees do not include tax and are subject to change without prior notification.
- 24-hour front desk
- Arcade/game room
- Audio-visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee shop or cafe´
- Concierge desk
- Concierge services
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Internet access in public areas - high speed
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Internet access in public areas - wireless
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry service
- Massage - treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Meeting room(s) (small groups)
- Multilingual staff
- On-site car rental
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking (valet)
- Parking garage
- Poolside bar
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Security guard
- Shoe shine
- Shopping on site
Number of rooms:
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
There are no room charges for children 17 and younger when staying in the same room as their parents or guardians and using existing bedding.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges.
- Pets not allowed
- Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
- 4:30 PM
Guests of this luxury Maui hotel can dine at any one of seven restaurants on property. Kids Eat Free for children 5 year and under all meals when accompanied by a paying adult off of the Keiki menu.
Bistro MolokiniCentrally located on a terrace with ocean views, this casual, open-air restaurant has an exhibition kitchen and kiawe-wood-burning ovens. Contemporary island cuisine with a California touch includes fresh fish and pizzas. Open for lunch and dinner.
Grand Dining RoomBuffet and à la carte breakfast is served on an indoor/outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the resort and ocean.
HumuhumunukunukuapuaaNamed after Hawaii's state fish, this thatched-roof restaurant floats on a salt-water lagoon. The Polynesian-influenced menu includes an abundance of seafood and fresh island fish. Open for dinner nightly.
Cafe KulaOffering light fare such as pastries, quiches, salads, sandwiches, soups, and gourmet coffee drinks. Open from early morning until late afternoon. Takeout available.
Volcano BarA poolside venue for tropical drinks, salads, and sandwiches. Open from mid-morning until early evening.
Botero Gallery BarSurrounded by bronze sculptures by Fernando Botero, this stylish lounge offers live island music, cocktails, and pupus. Open evenings.
Grotto BarA water canyon and a grotto lead to this swim-up bar, which serves an array of tropical drinks, with or without alcohol. Open from midday until late afternoon.
The Grand Wailea Resort has a meandering, 2,000-foot-long water canyon with nine interconnected pools, including a grotto pool, an activity pool with volleyball net, and a sandy-bottom baby beach. A separate 4,850-square-foot pool is inlaid with a hibiscus motif. Several spa tubs are scattered throughout the complex.
Known for its aromatic baths and ocean views, the 50,000-square-foot Spa Grande (surcharge) offers about 100 treatments, many utilizing locally grown ingredients. An adjacent fitness center provides separate cardiovascular and weight training areas, an aerobics space, and a multi-purpose indoor sport court. Select fitness classes are included in a daily resort fee, and personal trainers are on site (surcharge). The resort fee also includes introductory scuba-diving clinics.
Designed for children ages 5-12, Camp Grande offers half- and full-day programs (surcharge). Other facilities include an indoor play area for younger children and a game room for teens.
The resort's manicured gardens front Wailea Beach, where equipment rentals for snorkeling and other ocean activities are available. Excursions to Molokini Islet, just offshore, can also be arranged (surcharge).
Within a mile of the resort are Wailea Golf Club's three 18-hole championship courses and the 11-court Wailea Tennis Center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near The Grand Wailea; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals
- Bird watching
- Boat launch
- Golf - driving range
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Jet skiing
- Motor boating
- Mountain biking
- Pilates classes/instruction
- Running track/path
- Scooter/Moped Rentals
- Scuba diving
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Water skiing
- Yoga classes/instruction
Bed & Breakfast
- Daily Buffet Breakfast for Two
- Reduced rate
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport