- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Based ontraveler reviews
Greetings from the Hotel General Manager
Welcome to Grand Velas Riviera Maya, a Luxury All-Inclusive unlike any other! This AAA Five-Diamond resort has reinvented the All Inclusive concept by offering fine dining and unveil one of the 100 Best New Food and Drink Experiences according to Food and Wine Magazine. Enjoy the concept of pleasure and wellness to a luxurious new level at our Signature Spa awarded “Best Luxury Spa-The Americas” at the World Luxury Spa Awards 2014. We sincerely hope you consider Grand Velas Riviera Maya your home away from home.
- Indulge in our unique dinning experience created by prestigious, award-winning chefs, specifically to delight your senses. Michele Mustiére - Maître Cuisinier de France. Xavier Perez Stone – Winner of Canada’s Iron Chef in 2014.
What to Expect:
- Its lovely turquoise and awarded clean beaches and exotic flora make it a paradise for your All-Inclusive vacations. Enjoy three different environments within the property: a few steps from the renowned Signature Spa, enjoy of the tranquility and harmony of the Zen suites with your family and friends; practice dynamic activities with your kids and teenagers while watching the Mexican Caribbean in the family-friendly section of Ambassador; if you prefer a more private and relax environment, visit Grand Class, and adults-only atmosphere that will provide comfort through exclusive amenities.
- Our resort is known for outstanding culinary experience. From celebrity-chef gourmet dining to multinational themed snack bars; the delicious options offer a fusion of flavors, artfully presented in a relaxing atmosphere. Dining choices are plentiful and range from family-friendly to fine-gourmet dining. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of 24-hour suite service, snack bars and a variety of bars including swim-up bars at the pool. Moreover, guests will find the serenity of an 89,305 square foot sanctuary of health and beauty inspired by the jungle and water pools of the Yucatan Peninsula in our Signature Spa Active guests can take advantage of numerous recreational activities including watersports, bike tours, and exercise classes like Pilates and Yoga.
Carretera Cancun Tulum Km. 62
Playa del Carmen, Municipio de Solidaridad, Quintana Roo, 77710
- Playa Del Carmen
Airport:Cancun International Airport CUN
Grand Velas Riviera Maya offers 539 suites appointed with modern décor including Mexican artwork. Guests can choose from adults-only suites with ocean views or family-friendly suites with ocean or jungle views; all accommodations include balconies or patios. Bathrooms feature jetted tubs, complimentary L'Occitaine toiletries, scales, and hair dryers. High-tech amenities include plasma TVs with digital cable, CD/DVD players, MP3 players, and wireless Internet access (surcharge). Rooms also feature bathrobes, slippers, and pillow menus. This Mexico all inclusive resort includes the following in the room rate: all meals, domestic and international-brand drinks, 24-hour room service, stocked minibars, access to the fitness center and exercise programs, recreational activities, non-motorized water sports, kids' club, self parking, 24-hour concierge service, and taxes and tips.
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom scale
- Cable/satellite TV
- CD player
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe (accommodates laptop)
- Internet access - surcharge
- Internet access - wireless
- Iron/ironing board
- Jetted tub
- Makeup mirror
- Massage - available in room
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Rollaway beds
- Separate sitting area
- Smoking rooms
- Turndown service
Facing a serene white-sand beach, the Grand Velas Riviera Maya is located five minutes from downtown Playa del Carmen. Set amid tropical jungle, the 89,305-square-foot spa includes 40 treatment rooms, separate hydrotherapy facilities for men and women, and a full range of spa treatments and salon services (surcharge). Activities for adults include non-motorized water sports, bike tours, and exercise classes at the fitness center. For children ages 4-12, the resort offers a kids' club with supervised activities such as arts and crafts, water sports, and cooking classes.
Amenities at this Mexico resort include 24-hour concierge and room service, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wireless Internet access (surcharge).
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Audio-visual equipment
- Beauty services
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Conference room(s)
- Dry cleaning service
- Event catering
- Fitness equipment
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Internet access in public areas - wireless
- Massage - treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Meeting room(s) (small groups)
- Parking (free)
- Poolside bar
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (24 hours)
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Supervised child care/activities
- Swim-up bar
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Number of suites:
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed, and may incur additional charges.
- Pets not allowed
- 3 PM
- 12 PM
ChakáOpen-air, seasonal restaurant in a jungle setting. Serves international cuisine. Available from morning until late evening.
AzulCasual, all-day dining restaurant. Features an international buffet with Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Mexican, and American dishes.
BistroBeachfront restaurant located in the adults-only area. Serves French cuisine including soups, salads, sandwiches, and quiches. Features a selection of international wines. Open daily from morning until late evening.
Sen Lin Restaurant & BarFamily-friendly restaurant serving Asian specialties. Located in the convention center of the hotel. Live music. Open nightly for dinner. Dress code: business casual; no flip-flop sandals, t-shirts, or shorts. Advance reservations required through the concierge.
LuccaLucca´s distinguished menu of Italian-Mediterranean cuisine is highlighted by fresh seafood, prime cuts and homemade pastas. House specialties include Agnello de Lucca - ravioli served on a bed of mushrooms with basil and black olive sauce; as well as roasted leg of lamb served with eggplant caviar, and marinated in a thyme-infusion sauce. Advanced reservations required through the concierge.
FridaElegant restaurant serving gourmet Mexican cuisine. Features indoor and outdoor seating with ocean views. Live music. Open nightly for dinner. Dress code: business casual; no flip-flop sandals, t-shirts, or shorts. Advance reservations required through the concierge.
Cocina de AutorSignature restaurant serving gourmet creative cuisine. Adults only (teenagers from 16 years or older are welcome at certain settings). Open nightly for dinner. Dress code: business casual; no flip-flop sandals, t-shirts, or shorts. Advance reservations required through the concierge.
PIAFFine-dining restaurant serving traditional French cuisine. Live music. Open nightly for dinner. Adults only (teenagers from 16 years or older are welcome at certain settings). Dress code: business casual; no flip-flop sandals, t-shirts, or shorts. Advance reservations required through the concierge.
Sky BarStylish rooftop bar with a DJ. Located in the adults-only area. Open nightly.
Aqua BarPoolside bar in the main pool area. Includes a swim-up section. Open daily from late morning until early evening.
Sen Lin BarBar serving exotic cocktails. Open nightly.
Karaoke and Piano BarServes premium liquor, beer, and wine plus a selection of appetizers. Featuring premium liquor, enhanced by live entertainment on select evenings. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Open nightly.
Bar KoiSports events broadcasted with the latest audio/video technology and high-definition. Adults only. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Open nightly.
The Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort Riviera Maya includes non-motorized water sports such as kayaking, boogie boarding, snorkeling, and introductory scuba diving lessons. The fitness center offers personal trainers and classes in yoga, Pilates, capoeira, tai chi, and meditation. Other activities include tennis, beach volleyball, water polo, and bike tours.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals
- Boat launch
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Jet skiing
- Motor boating
- Pilates classes/instruction
- Scuba diving
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Yoga classes/instruction
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport