- Tours and Activities
- Special Offers
- About Us
Occidental Grand Xcaret
Based ontraveler reviews
- On the beach is a temazcal (traditional Mayan sweat lodge) shaped like a stone igloo. Guests sweat in steam produced by scented water poured on heated volcanic stones (surcharge).
What to Expect:
- This family Mexico resort on the scale of a theme park, is like a small town containing exceptional recreation areas. Because the hotel sections are limited to three stories and green spaces abound, the resort's size never overwhelms. Long-term visits reward guests with ample opportunity to explore the resort and perhaps encounter a colorful toucan in its natural environment. Seeing iguanas sunning themselves is a certainty.
- Lodging at the Occidental Grand Xcaret is divided into four sections. With the exception of the colorful, village-like Pueblo de Rio along the river, each section has its own pool and sundecks. In the exclusive, 45-suite Royal Club, the private pool complex includes a 30-foot-diameter hot tub. In the 128-room Cangrejo section, the large pool is crossed by a stone bridge and contains five cool-water spas tubs. The resort's main pool is located at the 393-room Flamenco section. It consists of three enormous swimming areas connected by channels beneath stone bridges. Conveniently located next door to the resort is the world-renowned Xcaret Park, the adjacent nature park that is one of Yucatan's principal visitor attractions. Xcaret was an important Mayan port and ceremonial center and now serves as an eco-entertainment park, archeological site, and nature reserve. Some 25 attractions are scattered throughout, including a wild bird breeding aviary, butterfly pavilion, jaguar sanctuary, orchid conservatory, and coral-reef aquarium.
CARRETERA FEDERAL 307 CHETUMAL PUERTO JUAREZ KM. 381
PREDIO CANAKICUIK - MUNICIPIO DE SOLIDAD,
Airport:Cancun International Airport CUN
This Occidental Grand Xcaret offers 769 guestrooms and suites, located in a number of small three-story buildings surrounded by gardens, pools, and river channels. There are no elevators. All rooms are spacious, and feature contemporary dark-wood furniture and barefoot-friendly tile or marble floors. Bathrooms contain a roomy, marble stall shower with a bench and a marble vanity but do not include a tub. Each room has a balcony or terrace furnished with table and chairs.
- Grand Romance Deluxe -
This category features Deluxe room inclusions, as well as a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, in-room one hour massage per couple, breakfast in bed (first morning), romantic dinner, 10 percent spa discounts, turn down service, and a surprise gift with special romantic amenities.
- Grand Concierge Deluxe -
This category features Deluxe room inclusions, as well as concierge service, Internet cafe access, turn down service, a fruit basket, and a bottle of wine. A 10 percent spa discount is also included, as well as superior room amenities (like bathrobes).
- Grand Concierge Junior Suite -
This category features Junior Suite room inclusions, as well as concierge service, Internet cafe access, turn down service, a fruit basket, and a bottle of wine. A 10 percent spa discount is also included, as well as superior room amenities (like bathrobes).
- Deluxe -
All of our rooms feature Telephone and data port connection, air conditioner, safety deposit box, satellite TV, hair dryer, iron, ironing board and a minibar restocked every other day with water, sodas and beer.
- Grand Romance Junior Suite -
This category features Junior Suite room inclusions, as well as a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, in-room one hour massage per couple, breakfast in bed (first morning), romantic dinner, 10 percent spa discounts, turn down service, and a surprise gift with special romantic amenities.
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom telephone
- Blackout drapes
- Bottled water in room (complimentary)
- Cable/satellite TV
- Ceiling fan
- Child care (in room, surcharge)
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - dial-up
- Internet access - surcharge
- Makeup mirror
- Rollaway beds
- Sewing kit
- Voice mail
The majority of amenities, activities, and gratuities at Occidental Grand Xcaret are included in the room rate; guests will not be charged extra for the majority of amenities and activities .
The Occidental Grand Xcaret facilities include: a health-and-beauty spa complete with sauna, steam room, and spa tub with various kinds of massage and body and facial treatments; a state-of-the-art fitness center; a business center with Internet access; and an indoor/outdoor children's activities center that includes video games, a pool, and a playground. Activities for both adults and children begin in the morning and run until well after dark. Among them are water aerobics, dance lessons, beach volleyball, and bicycle tours. Like all major Mayan Riviera hotels, the hotel is equipped with a water-purification system.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audio-visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Business center
- Coffee in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Event catering
- Fitness equipment
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Internet access in public areas - dial-up
- Internet access in public areas - high speed
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Massage - treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (free)
- Poolside bar
- Private beach
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Supervised child care/activities
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
- Wedding services
Number of rooms:
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests made via this Web site cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Pets not allowed
- 3 PM
The majority of meals and beverages, plus all gratuities, at the following restaurants, snack spots, and bars are included in the room rate for the Occidental Grand Xcaret.
Le BuffetLocated at the center of this all-inclusive resort, in the main complex. This large, high-ceilinged casual-dress restaurant serves international buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Sonora GrillThe Mexican state of Sonora is cattle country and this steakhouse celebrates the state with Western decor and grilled steaks, seafood, chicken, and pork. Dinner only. Reservations and resort wear required.
Los OlivosIn a relaxed ambience reminiscent of a seaside Mediterranean spot, Los Olivos serves Italian food. Dinner only. Reservations and resort wear required.
La HaciendaThis colorful dinner house features Mexican specialties. Dinner only. Reservations and resort wear required.
D'OrientalRed walls, wood ceiling, hanging paper lamps, and a parasol create an Asian atmosphere for Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Indian food. Dinner only. Reservations and resort wear required.
El PescadorThis open-air, beachside restaurant shaded by an enormous palapa serves seafood. Reservations and resort wear required for dinner.
Pacos TacosLocated on the dining arcade's upper level, this casual snack spot features light Mexican fare. Open-air terrace seating in the evening.
La PiazzaAdjacent to Pacos Tacos on the dining arcade's upper-level terrace, La Piazza serves antipastos, pizza, and desserts in the evenings. Casual dress. Reservations not required.
El LagoThis spot by the main pool in the resort's Flamenco lodging section features light lunches and snacks.
Kids ClubFeatures kid menu favorites.
Royal ClubReserved for Royal Club guests only. Relaxed but elegant, this serves meals in an all-white setting of draped muslin and table linen. Air-conditioned and roofed by a palapa.
Lobby BarOpen late morning to midnight.
Terraza BarOpen late afternoon to late night.
La Bodeguita BarOpen evenings only.
Pool BarsIn both Flamenco and Cangrejo areas. Open late morning through the afternoon.
The Hundido BarFlamenco area. Open late morning through the afternoon.
El Lago BarLocated at the main pool. Open late morning through the afternoon.
Beach Club BarOpen mid-morning through the afternoon.
Beach BarOpen mid-morning through the afternoon.
Sport BarOpen late afternoon until the wee hours of the morning.
Palenque DiscoOpen from late evening.
The majority of recreational activities and facilities described below are included in the room rate for Occidental Grand Xcaret (scroll up to the All-Inclusive details section for more information).Non-stop activities at this resort cover a wide range of interests: stretching and jogging sessions, pool games, contests, tournaments, bingo, and tennis clinics. Guests also of the Occidental Grand Xcaret can take advantage of the resort's location by exploring the local area on ecological and cultural hikes as well as on bicycle tours.Popular activities nearby include deep sea fishing for mahi mahi and blue marlin; scuba diving at Barracuda reef with a sunken ship, and snorkeling. Golf enthusiasts can take advantage of the 18-hole par 72 course designed by Robert Von Hagge, which is 10 km (6 miles) away. Hotel staff can help arrange local area activities.The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - miniature
- Scuba diving
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport