- Special Offers
- About Us
Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
Based ontraveler reviews
- An early-arrival lounge is available for guests who arrive before their rooms are ready.
What to Expect:
- Rising 36 stories above the city, this 563-room hotel offers contemporary accommodations in the heart of the historic district of The Rocks. From its high-ceilinged lobby to its rooftop restaurant, the hotel scores high marks for its first-class service, deluxe amenities, and stunning surroundings.
- Situated on the top floor, the Altitude Restaurant serves modern Australian cuisine with European influences in a refined setting marked by floor-to-ceiling views over the harbor. Other dining options include a traditional pub, Asian café with all-day dining, and chic cocktail bar with a menu of light snacks and signature drinks.The hotel also features a Roman-style indoor pool, beautifully appointed with murals, soft lighting, and an adjacent spa tub. A two-level health club features a sundeck, massages and other spa services, and a well-equipped fitness center. The club offers access to non-guests, but membership is kept low to ensure guests never have to wait (or wait long) for equipment.
176 Cumberland Street
Sydney NSW, 2000
Airport:Kingsford Smith SYD
OverviewThe 563 air-conditioned guestrooms of Shangri-la Sydney were refurbished in 2005 to offer expansive harbour views and an abundance of natural light. A distinctive feature of all guestrooms is large, sound-proofed windows with views of the city and Sydney Harbour. Beds are topped with premium bedding such as 300-thread-count sheets, goose down quilts, pillow menu, silk throws, and Thai silk bedheads. Desks with high-speed Internet access (surcharge), direct-dial dual-line phones, and voice mail are on offer too. Marble bathrooms with separate tub and shower also include bathrobes, scales, telephones, and slippers. Other amenities comprise cable TVs with pay movies, coffee/tea makers, and in-room safes.
- Horizon Club Deluxe Darling Harbour View Room -
Horizon benefits include daily buffet breakfast for two and complimentary evening cocktails from 6-8pm served in the exclusive Club lounge on level 30. Purser service, complimentary suit pressing and shoe shine and private check in and check out on the club floor and complimentary internet facilities in the lounge. Size (largest in the city), uninterrupted views, beautiful sunsets, marble bathrooms with a separate shower and bathtub.
- Horizon Deluxe Grand Harbor View -
With the comfort and amenities of Deluxe Rooms, plus exclusive Horizon Club privileges, these rooms are an excellent choice for the traveler who requires added personalized attention and services.
- Horizon Club Deluxe Opera House View Room -
Horizon benefits include daily buffet breakfast for two and complimentary evening cocktails from 6-8pm served in the exclusive Club lounge on level 30. Purser service, complimentary suit pressing and shoe shine and private check in and check out on the club floor and complimentary internet facilities in the lounge. Size (largest in the city), uninterrupted views of eastern Sydney Harbour and the Sydney Opera House, marble bathrooms with a separate shower and bathtub.
- Horizon Premier Grand Harbor View -
With the comfort and amenities of Premier Rooms, plus exclusive Horizon Club privileges, these rooms are an excellent choice for the traveller who requires added personalized attention and services.
- Deluxe Darling Harbour View Room -
Size (largest in the city), uninterrupted views, beautiful sunsets, marble bathrooms with a separate shower and bathtub.
- Deluxe Opera House View Room -
Size (largest in the city), uninterrupted views of eastern Sydney Harbour and the Sydney Opera House, marble bathrooms with a separate shower and bathtub.
- Deluxe Grand Harbour View Room -
Size (largest in the city), uninterrupted views of the main sights Sydney is known for - the full Sydney experience, marble bathrooms with a separate shower and bathtub.
- Executive Grand Harbour View Suite -
One Bedroom Suite, marble bathrooms with a separate shower and a bathtub with a view over Darling Harbour & beautiful sunsets, views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge & the Opera House from both bedroom and lounge area, can be combined with connecting Deluxe Grand Harbour View Room especially for families.
- Premier Grand Harbour View Room -
Size (largest in the city), uninterrupted views, beautiful sunrises, 2/3rd of the guest room has large sized windows marble bathrooms with a separate shower and bathtub.
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom scale
- Bathroom telephone
- Blackout drapes
- Bottled water in room (complimentary)
- Cable/satellite TV
- Child care (in room, surcharge)
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Internet access - dial-up
- Internet access - high speed
- Internet access - surcharge
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup mirror
- Massage - available in room
- Multi-line phone
- Non-smoking rooms
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Rollaway beds
- Sewing kit
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
Located just south of The Rocks, Sydney's historic district, this high-rise hotel is also within easy walking distance of the city's Circular Quay, central business district, and Royal Botanic Gardens. Floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the hotel offer expansive views of the city, harbour, and surrounding areas. Inside the hotel, three restaurants, two bars, and a traditional Aussie pub offer a wealth of international flavors and dining styles. The in-house Beauty Center and Health Club features a Roman-style pool, cardiovascular and strength-training machines, and massages and other spa services.
Shangri-La Sydney offers valet parking, a business center, wireless and high-speed Internet access (surcharges), and a huge selection of function rooms to suit small groups through to large-scale receptions.
Valet parking: AU$26-$36 per 24-hour period. Covered and secure. Fees subject to change without prior notice.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Audio-visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee in lobby
- Coffee shop or cafe´
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Computer rental
- Concierge desk
- Concierge services
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Fitness equipment
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Internet access in public areas - high speed
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (secure)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking (valet)
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shoe shine
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
- Wedding services
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
There are no room charges for children 17 and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit is required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests made via this Web site cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Pets not allowed
- 3 PM
- 11 AM
Japanese Restaurant on 36This restaurant on the 36th floor offers authentic Japanese cuisine, a 16-seat sushi bar, and views of Sydney Harbour. Open for lunch and dinner.
The Rocks TeppanyakiGuests can enjoy Teppan-style cuisine prepared on sizzling tableside grills at this restaurant on the hotel's first floor. Open for lunch and dinner.
BrasserieThis restaurant on the first floor offers buffet-style and à la carte service and a menu of modern Australian and international dishes. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Lobby LoungeThis bar offers beverages and light snacks throughout the day, along with live piano music in the evening.
Horizons BarCocktails and lighter meals are served in a club-like setting on the hotel's 36th floor.
Harts PubThis traditional Aussie pub is noted for its lively atmosphere, pub fare, and variety of beers on tap. Open for lunch and dinner.
Gloucester Street PantryPastries, coffee drinks, and gourmet sandwiches and salads are served throughout the day at this street-level café.
Cafe MixLocated on level one. Open-theatre kitchen presenting à la carte and modern buffet selections from China, Japan, Malaysia, India, and Thailand. Also serves seafood and popular European dishes. Breakfast buffet includes fresh juices, freshly baked pastries, tropical fruits, jumbo pancakes, and hot breakfast favourites from the west and Asia. Open until late.
Lobby LoungeLocated on ground level. Relaxed atmosphere. Serves refreshments. From late afternoon, cocktails and other drinks available against a backdrop of live piano music. Light menu options include vegetarian dishes. Open from early morning till late, Monday-Saturday, and from mid morning till late on Sunday.
The hotel has a Roman-style indoor pool and a fitness centre with cardiovascular and strength-training equipment. Guests will find tennis courts less than a mile from the hotel and a golf course less than five miles away.The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Motor boating
- Pilates classes/instruction
- Running track/path
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport