- Special Offers
- About Us
Hotel Helvetia and Bristol
Greetings from the Hotel General Manager
Welcome and thank you very much for staying with us! I am delighted to introduce myself as the General Manager at the Helvetia & Bristol and I wish to assure you of our commitment to render your stay in Florence as pleasant as possible. Do not miss Chef’s Enzo authentic Mediterranean cuisine in our Hostaria Bibendum restaurant.
Enjoy your Florentine vacation!
Featured Expert Review
Located in the heart of the city-centre of Florence, the Helvetia & Bristol, a quaint 67 room property offers guests a variety of options from Classic rooms to high-end Panoramic Suites that give an awe-inspiring view of the Florentine skyline. With rooms a good deal larger than the European...more
- Across from the Helvetia and Bristol, Palazzo Strozzi is the largest of Florence's 15th-century palaces. Construction took 44 years, and the owner watched its construction from a small house on the square. At the main entrance, corner lamp brackets bear original (and rare) Renaissance ironwork designed by popular artisan of the time, Niccolo Grosso.
What to Expect:
- This hotel is set one block from Via Tornabuoni - the "Fifth Avenue" of Florence (upmarket shops, cafes, and restaurants). Through crystal doors, a fireside lobby showcases antique furnishings and 16th-century paintings. The terra-cotta floor is topped with Asian rugs, and velvet sofas with brocade pillows complement leather high-back chairs, marble-topped end tables, and walnut bookcases. Long the retreat of the artistic rich, present clientele includes fashion designers and musicians; primarily vacationers.
- A 19th-century bookcase houses a small library of books in English, Italian, French, and German. There is also a discreetly hidden video-library (every room is equipped with a video player and stereo system).
VIA PESCIONI, 2
Airport:Florence Peretola Airport FLR
Each of the 67 guestrooms at Helvetia and Bristol offers an authentic experience surrounded by traditional Florentine sensibilities and stunning views of the hills of Fiesole. Elegant and uplifting, furnished with inlaid armoires and antique tables, splendid lamps of Chinese porcelain and bronze, walls hung with artworks, a profusion of gossamer lace, silk and brocade, Carrara marble and Jacuzzi tubs.
- Classic Room -
Queen and twin bedding available. 25 square meters / 269 square feet. Located on all floors. The Classic Room is the smallest room in the hotel and features traditional design with period furniture, Carrara marble bathroom, and modern amenities.
- Double Superior Room -
28 square metres, king bed or twin beds, marble bathroom, unique furniture, Wi-Fi, CD player.
- Double Deluxe Room -
32 square metres, king bed or twin beds, marble bathroom, luxurious furniture, Wi-Fi, CD player.
- Junior Suite -
36 square metres, king bed or twin beds, living area, marble bathroom with jacuzzi, luxurious furniture, Wi-Fi, CD player.
- Premium Junior Suite -
40 square metres, king bed or twin beds, living area, marble bathroom with jacuzzi, luxurious furniture, Wi-Fi, CD player.
- Classic Suite -
50 square metres, king bed or twin beds, separate living room, marble bath with jacuzzi, luxurious furniture, Wi-Fi, CD player.
- Executive Suite -
50 square metres, king or twin beds, separate living room, marble bath with Jacuzzi, luxurious furniture, city view, Wi-Fi, CD player.
- Panoramic Suite -
56 square metres, 5th floor with a stunning Duomo view and on the Florence rooftops, king size bed or twin beds, separate living room, marble bathroom with Jacuzzi, second guest toilet.
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes
- Cable/satellite TV
- Cassette player
- CD player
- Climate control
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Handheld shower
- In-room safe
- Internet access - dial-up
- Internet access - surcharge
- Massage - available in room
- Non-smoking rooms
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Rollaway beds
- Sewing kit
- Soundproofed rooms
- Turndown service
- Wake-up calls
- Welcome amenities
- Window opens
Originally built for 19th-century aristocrats, The Helvetia and Bristol is set 200 meters from the Duomo, across from Palazzo Strozzi. It is also one block from Via Tornabuoni, one of Florence's most famous shopping streets. Guests have included artists and authors such as Giorgio De Chirico, Igor Stravinsky, and Luigi Pirandello.
Amenities include a small library of books available in English, Italian, French, and German. There is also a discreetly hidden video-library. The hotel offers concierge service, 24-hour room service, and secretarial services. Small (6-7 people) and medium-size meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Audio-visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Cell phone rental
- Coffee in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Computer rental
- Concierge desk
- Concierge services
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning service
- Event catering
- Express check-in/check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Health club
- Internet access in public areas - dial-up
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Meeting room(s) (small groups)
- Multilingual staff
- Parking nearby
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shoe shine
- Technology helpdesk
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wedding services
Number of rooms:
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaways and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests made via this Web site cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Pets not allowed
- 2 PM
Hostaria BibendumThe H&B ,Hostaria Bibendum, serves a contemporary culinary experience. The menu offers tempting Mediterranean dishes that enhance the genuine ingredients to give diners the pleasure of rediscovering home-grown flavors. Meals are accompanied by the finest national and international wines as recommended by the young Restaurant Manager Andrea Tempestini. The Chef Enzo Pettè with more than 15 years of experience, also offers an opportunity to prepare authentic, seasonal Italian dishes - recreating ancient customs and traditions into a grand contemporary feast.
The Winter GardenRestaurant with original stained-glass, conservatory-style roof. Rare "cotto" floor tiles from Southern Italy; mirrors on the walls. Adjoins Belle Epoque bar. Artists such as De Chirico and Boccioni used to meet here to discuss the Avant Garde. Fine Italian cuisine includes some Tuscan specialties. À la carte dining offered. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served. Afternoon tea is also offered (pastries).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the Helvetia and Bristol hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals
- Horse riding/rental
Special Offer Details
European Riches 20133 nights from $709 per person
Save up to Value Added
- European Riches 2013 Daily buffet breakfast
- Welcome amenity in room upon arrival
- 30% discount on one dinner for two at their Hostaria Bibendum Restaurant once during stay
- One-category room upgrade subject to availability at check-in
- Early check-in and late check-out subject to availability.
Available Room Types:Executive Double Room
Deluxe Double Room
Executive Junior Suite
Deluxe Junior Suite
Important Dates:Book from Now through 12/28/2013
Travel from Now through 12/31/2013
Blackout Dates: May Apply
Minimum Night Stay: 3
Lower category booked, guests to be upgraded at check-in. Subject to availability.
Offers valid on new bookings only. Prices shown are per-person, land only based upon double occupancy, except if expressly noted otherwise. Offers are subject to availability at time of booking and may be changed or discontinued at any time without notice. Blackout dates, minimum night stays, minimum stay requirements on air, seasonal surcharges, resort fees (if any), and other restrictions may also apply. Individual offers may require purchase of Travel Smart Plan or travel waiver. Offers are not valid for Group Travel. Some booking and travel dates may vary. Other promotions and departure dates available which may result in a different rate and/or hotel inclusion. Customer is responsible for hotel taxes and fees on the free night offers, where applicable. For those properties where Classic Vacations has access to dynamic pricing rates, those rates will likely fluctuate from time to time based on market conditions and other factors beyond Classic Vacations control. Classic Vacations CST# 2079429-20.