- Tours and Activities
- Special Offers
- About Us
Cancun: Travel Tips
Cancun boasts Mexico’s largest concentration of resorts, spas, restaurants, and clubs. After a quiet day at the beach, enjoy an alfresco dinner on your private balcony at one of our luxury Cancun hotels, or shop the boutiques and dine at a fine restaurant of your choice.
Getting To Cancun
High season runs mid-December to Easter, plus spring break. Trade winds keep the coast cool during summer, though interior jungles are hot and humid.
- Cancun is 3.5 hours from Chicago, 4 hours from New York, 4.5 hours from Los Angeles
- Cancun Airport to Playa del Carmen: 50 minutes
- Cancun to Tulum: 2 hours
- Cancun to Isla Mujeres: 12 per day, 40-minute trip
- Cozumel to Playa del Carmen: 14 per day, 30-minute trip
Staying In Cancun
Most Cancun resorts offer all-inclusive vacations, which include food, drinks, and activities in one hassle-free rate. Some offer “European plan” (room-only) pricing, too.
Must-see sights in the area
- The Riviera Maya eco-parks—Xel-Há, Xcaret, and Tres Rios—offer visitors a chance to see many species of plants and animals found nowhere else on the planet.
- Long before plush resorts came to town, travelers trekked to the Yucatán to see the Mayan ruins at Chichén Itzá, Uxmal, and Tulúm. Don’t miss these ancient wonders.
- Take a zip-line canopy tour at Selvatica
Traveling In Cancun
Classic Vacations offers a variety of transportation options throughout Cancun in order to make your Mexico vacation truly spectacular. Shuttle transfers, taxis and rental cars are available in all the major destinations in Mexico.
While traveling in Cancun we recommend:
- Rent a car- We offer vehicles to suit every taste, including sporty convertibles, roomy minivans, and luxury sedans. And our red-carpet transfers can let you start relaxing without a hitch.
- Shuttle service - a convenient and inexpensive way to transfer from the airport to your hotel.
Things to Know
- The national currency of Mexico is the peso, but in tourist areas, U.S. dollars are accepted just as readily as pesos.
- Money and traveler's checks can be exchanged in banks.
- ATMs are very common in Cancun and are the easiest source for cash.
- Cancun is in the Central Time Zone and observes daylight savings time.