- Tours and Activities
- Special Offers
- Pre & Post Cruise
Central Mexico: Travel Tips
Mexico's powerful, exotic history comes alive in UNESCO World Heritage sites that dot its high central plateau. Architectural treasures in Guanajuato, Morelia, Oaxaca, Puelba, Queretaro, Zacatecas and Mexico City record the evolution of Mexican civilization from pre-Hispanic days through the 17th century in mansions and churches, carvings, columns and vintage facades.
Getting To Central Mexico
Flight times (to Mexico City)
- 3 hours from Los Angeles, 4 hours from San Francisco, 4.5 hours from Chicago
Staying In Central Mexico
High season runs from mid-December through Easter week; value season starts after spring break. Central Mexico enjoys warm, tropical weather all year long. From June through October, expect daily rain and warm temperatures.
- Discover Mexico City's historic center, a UNESCO World Heritage Cultrural Site, and enrich your knowledge of the oldest capital city in the Western Hemisphere.
- Dine in Mexico City's Polanco neighborhood, home to a wide array of trendy restaurants.
- Head to the Palacio de Ballas Artes, home to the legendary Ballet Folklorico de Mexico dance troupe.
Traveling In Central Mexico
Classic Vacations offers a variety of transportation options throughout Central Mexico in order to make your Mexico vacation truly spectacular. Shuttle transfers, taxis and rental cars are also available in all the major destinations in Mexico.
While traveling in Central Mexico we recommend:
- Rent a car - We offer vehicles to suit every taste, including sporty convertibles, roomy minivans, and luxury sedans. And our red-carpet transfers can let you start relaxing without a hitch.
Things to Know
- The national currency of Mexico is the peso, but in tourist areas, U.S. dollars are accepted just as readily as pesos.
- Money and traveler's checks can be exchanged in banks.
- ATMs are very common in Central Mexico and are the easiest source for cash.
- All of Central Mexico is in the Central Time Zone and observes daylight savings time.