- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Pre & Post Cruise
Cozumel: Travel Tips
With a Mexican heart and a Caribbean soul, Cozumel is a paradise where tradition, flavor and joy come together. You will always find a friendly face and a warm welcome to make your stay an unforgettable one. Famous all over the world for its coral reefs, there are plenty of water sports such as diving, deep-sea fishing, snorkeling, kayaking and more.
Getting To Cozumel
High season runs mid-December to Easter, plus spring break. Trade winds keep the coast cool during summer, though interior jungles are hot and humid.
- Cozumel is 3.5 hours from Chicago, 4 hours from New York, 4.5 hours from Los Angeles
- Cozumel to Playa del Carmen: 14 per day, 30-minute trip
Staying In Cozumel
Cozumel, an idyllic Caribbean island famous for day trips and good food. Cozumel’s reef—the world’s second largest, after the Great Barrier Reef—is world-famous for its clear water, abundant sea life, and top-notch dive shops.
- Check out Carnival in late February/early March
- Scuba-diving off the coast is a must!
- Visit Viva Mexico for great shopping and souvenirs
- Enjoy endless activities in and around Playa Sol Beach
- Experience the local restaurants and nightlife
Traveling In Cozumel
Classic Vacations offers a variety of transportation options throughout the Baja California area in order to make your Mexico vacation truly spectacular. Shuttle transfers, taxis and rental cars are available in all the major destinations in Mexico.
While traveling in Cozumel we recommend:
- Rent a car- We offer vehicles to suit every taste, including sporty convertibles, roomy minivans, and luxury sedans. And our red-carpet transfers can let you start relaxing without a hitch.
- Shuttle service - a convenient and inexpensive way to transfer from the airport to your hotel.
Things to Know
- The national currency of Mexico is the peso, but in tourist areas, U.S. dollars are accepted just as readily as pesos.
- Money and traveler's checks can be exchanged in banks.
- ATMs are very common in Cozumel and are the easiest source for cash.
- Cozumel is in the Central Time Zone and observes daylight savings time.