- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Huatulco: Travel Tips
With nine bays and 36 beaches, Huatulco is a secluded paradise on Mexico's southern Pacific coast. Home to luxury Huatulco hotels, Tangolunda Bay beckons water sports enthusiasts and sunbathers alike with pristine waters and warm sandy beaches.
Getting To Huatulco
High season runs from mid-December through Easter week; value season starts after spring break. Huatulco enjoys warm, tropical weather all year long. From June through October, expect daily rain and warm temperatures.
- 3 hours from Los Angeles, 4 hours from San Francisco, 4.5 hours from Chicago
Staying In Huatulco
- Visit the Mescal house to taste this strong local drink
- Tour the seven Huatulco bays
- Tour La Crucecita, a popular town filled with culture and traditions
Traveling In Huatulco
Classic Vacations offers a variety of transportation options throughout Huatulco in order to make your Mexico vacation truly spectacular. Shuttle transfers, taxis and rental cars are also available in all the major destinations in Mexico.
While traveling in Huatulco we recommend:
- Rent a car - We offer vehicles to suit every taste, including sporty convertibles, roomy minivans, and luxury sedans. And our red-carpet transfers can let you start relaxing without a hitch.
Things to Know
- The national currency of Mexico is the peso, but in tourist areas, U.S. dollars are accepted just as readily as pesos.
- Money and traveler's checks can be exchanged in banks.
- ATMs are very common in Huatulco and are the easiest source for cash.
- Huatulco is in the Central Time Zone and observes daylight savings time.