- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo: Travel Tips
Ixtapa offers luxury hotels, swank boutiques, and Epicurean restaurants. In relaxed Zihuatanejo, local fishermen still dock at the municipal beach to sell their catch.
Getting To Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa are 6 kms. (4 miles) apart from each other connected by a four lanes freeway that extends all the way up to the international airport.
High season runs from mid-December through Easter week; value season starts after spring break. Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo enjoys warm, tropical weather all year long. From June through October, expect daily rain and warm temperatures.
Staying In Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
Zihuatanejo is a picturesque fishing village containing four beautiful beaches, a variety of small hotels ranging from inexpensive pensions to 5 star luxury resorts. Ixtapa is a state of the art tourist facility boasting a host of large and medium sized hotels, condos, dozens of restaurants, discos, live entertainment, shopping, two top line Golf courses and numerous tennis facilities.
- Tour one of the old fishing villages of Zihuatanejo; the town referred to in the movie "The Shawshank Redemption".
- Take a combo tour of the city and the countryside and stroll the towns of Petatlan and Coacoyul.
- Visit Zihuatanejo's archaeological museum.
Traveling In Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
Classic Vacations offers a variety of transportation options throughout the Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo area in order to make your vacation truly memorable. Classic Vacations can arrange for you to be greeted at the airport, and taken to your hotel via taxi or shared transfer. In some locations, a private car transfer can be arranged to avoid stops. Luggage handling and personal assistance is also available.
While staying in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo we recommend:
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry.
- Rent a car - We offer vehicles to suit every taste, including sporty convertibles, roomy minivans, and luxury sedans. And our red-carpet transfers can let you start relaxing without a hitch.
Things to Know
- The national currency of Mexico is the peso, but in tourist areas, U.S. dollars are accepted just as readily as pesos.
- Money and traveler's checks can be exchanged in banks.
- ATMs are very common in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo and are the easiest source for cash.
- Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo is in the Central Time Zone and observes daylight savings time.