- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Manzanillo - Costalegre: Travel Tips
It's playtime in palm-tree-shaded Manzanillo, where the weather’s lovely every day and activities abound. In both Manzanillo and Costalegre there’s golf, horseback riding and hiking, biking and much more.
Getting To Manzanillo - Costalegre
Situated on the Pacific Coast, Manzanillo enjoys warm tropical weather year-round, with daily rain showers and warm temperatures from June through October. High season runs from mid-December through Easter week.
- 6 to 7.5 hours (via Mexico City or Houston) from Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York
Staying In Manzanillo - Costalegre
Manzanillo has a rich heritage that dates back to the 1500's at the time of Cortez. It also rivals Cabo as a Mexican golf destination. Costalegre or the "Happy Coast" is the sailfish capital of the region that hosts two major fishing tournaments each year.
- Enjoy the beautiful views, the main resort, beaches, the seaport, two twin bays, and downtown, where shopping is at it's greatest.
- Take a journey through the plantations, stop to take pictures, then head off to the classic Mexican town of Cihuatlan.
- Explore the colonial town of Colima considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in Mexico.
Traveling In Manzanillo - Costalegre
Classic Vacations offers a variety of transportation options throughout the Manzanillo-Costalegre area in order to make your Acapulco vacation truly memorable. Classic Vacations can arrange for you to be greeted at the airport, and taken to your hotel via taxi or shared transfer. In some locations, a private car transfer can be arranged to avoid stops. Luggage handling and personal assistance is also available.
While staying in Manzanillo-Costalegre we recommend:
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry.
- Rent a car - We offer vehicles to suit every taste, including sporty convertibles, roomy minivans, and luxury sedans. And our red-carpet transfers can let you start relaxing without a hitch.
Things to Know
- The national currency of Mexico is the peso, but in tourist areas such as Los Cabos, U.S. dollars are accepted just as readily as pesos.
- Money and traveler's checks can be exchanged in banks.
- ATMs are very common in Manzanillo-Costalegre and are the easiest source for cash.
- Manzanillo-Costalegre is in the Central Time Zone and observes daylight savings time.