An introduction to the coffee production in Australia, an industry that goes back the early 19th ce...
From museums to movies, galleries to art tours, explore the cultural side of a city known for its l...
on ashet.org.au A 1.5 km walk takes in all of the bridge's signature features....
Sydney, Australia is a great vacation destination in the southern hemisphere. There are many sites to see and cultural attractions to explore. You will also have a wide selection of hotels in Sydney, Australia to choose from.
There are a variety of Sydney hotels to choose from. If you are looking for cheap hotel deals in Sydney, you can check out a number of airport hotels and 3 star hotels in the city. If you want more luxurious accommodations, Sydney also has many 4 star hotels and luxury hotels to choose form. Those who want to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation package should consider one of the many Sydney resorts.
If you want to be close to some of the best city attractions, you can also find hotels within walking distance of major tourist spots. Hotels near Harbour Bridge will provide you with a spectacular view of the water. Hotels near Opera House will provide you with plenty of entertainment options. If you are a sports fan, hotels near Olympic Park will provide you with plenty of fun activities to enjoy. If you are looking to stay near the center of nightlife attractions in Sydney, consider booking a room at hotels in Kings Cross.
Sydney has a range of things to do, from fun adventures for adults to family-friendly attractions. Those who want to explore more of the country will want to check out cruises from Sydney. Some other top attractions include museums, art galleries, and plenty of outdoor activities. If you simply want have a good time relaxing, you can book hotels on the beach for easy access.
Australia's summer falls during North America’s winter. The warmest months are November through March. You'll find the best travel deals between April and August, the start of fall. This time of year is ideal for an Outback adventure—the cooler weather is just right for a walkabout.
- Sydney: 21 hours from New York (via L.A.); 14 hours from L.A.
- Sydney to Melbourne: 1.5 hours
- Melbourne to Cairns: 2.5 hours
- Sydney to Perth: 2 hours
- Sydney to Darwin: 3 hours
- Sydney: The Opera House, Darling Harbour, The Sydney Bridge, Bondi Beach
- Melbourne: Phillip Island penguins
- Nature of Australia: The Great Barrier Reef, the Outback, rain forests of Queensland
In countries as large and divers as Australia, getting around will be mostly by plane. Transfers to hotels are available at all airports. Island resorts are accessible by boat, helicopter, and seaplane, and in many locations, getting there - whether by four-wheel-drive hehicle, train or guided tour - is part of the excitement.
Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or a mix of both, we can offer suggestions for every type of traveler. Be sure to pre-book tours and activities to get the dates and times you desire, avoid sellouts, and obtain the best pricing. Pre-booking is especially important during high-season travel.Currency
- The currencies are the Australian and New Zealand dollars. Both have coins for $1 and $2 denominations.
- Money and traveler's checks can be exchanged in banks.
- ATMs are very common in Australia and are the easiest source for cash.
- Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere, across the international date line.
- Australia has three time zones and observes daylight saving time from October to March.
- Time zones run 12 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time to 15 hours ahead.
- A passport is required when traveling outside of your country. If any passenger carries anything other than a Passport supplied by your home country, please contact the Consulate of the country(s) you are visiting to verify document requirements. If you do not have appropriate documentation, you will be denied entry. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your return trip for international travel.