View on Amazon The collection features 14 stories collected by Katie Langloh Parker (...
View on Amazon The story of police corruption in Queensland. By Matthew Condon.
.au No matter where you look in Australia you're bound to see a eucalyptus aka gum tree (although co...
Brisbane is brimming with culture, art, music, and technology. As if that weren’t enough, the Queensland city also manages to offer a waterfront, sandy beach right in the heart of the city, and nighttime tours in illuminated kayaks. Spend your morning climbing the Story Bridge, and then abseil down 30 meters if you have the guts. Laze away your afternoons on the beach or wander around one of Brisbane’s museums, and cap off your day with a fine meal at an impressive restaurant. Brisbane brings every ingredient of a perfect holiday to the table.
Brisbane accommodation are as eclectic as the city, ranging from bed and breakfast hotels to impressive high-rise resorts in the CBD. Save your budget for activities in the city by booking a room at an affordable motel, or indulge in a stay at one of the top Brisbane serviced apartments—the choice is yours.
Arriving in Brisbane is easy by land or air. If you fly into Brisbane Airport (BNE), you can reach your hotel by taxi, bus, or private car hire. Thanks to its robust systems of buses, trains, ferries, and water taxis, you can get anywhere in Brisbane quite easily during your stay.
When you can’t decide between a beach getaway and urban retreat, Brisbane is the place to holiday. You can cycle around the South Bank, take in a show, and have the meal of your life right on the coast—all on one trip. Make your stay even more satisfying with a stay at one of the top hotels in Brisbane. Whether you want a private suite on the outer edges of the city or convenient Brisbane Airport accommodation.
Australia's summer falls during North America’s winter. The warmest months are November through March. You'll find the best travel deals between April and August, the start of fall. This time of year is ideal for an Outback adventure—the cooler weather is just right for a walkabout.
- Sydney: 21 hours from New York (via L.A.); 14 hours from L.A.
- Sydney to Melbourne: 1.5 hours
- Melbourne to Cairns: 2.5 hours
- Sydney to Perth: 2 hours
- Sydney to Darwin: 3 hours
- Sydney: The Opera House, Darling Harbour, The Sydney Bridge, Bondi Beach
- Melbourne: Phillip Island penguins
- Nature of Australia: The Great Barrier Reef, the Outback, rain forests of Queensland
In countries as large and divers as Australia, getting around will be mostly by plane. Transfers to hotels are available at all airports. Island resorts are accessible by boat, helicopter, and seaplane, and in many locations, getting there - whether by four-wheel-drive hehicle, train or guided tour - is part of the excitement.
Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or a mix of both, we can offer suggestions for every type of traveler. Be sure to pre-book tours and activities to get the dates and times you desire, avoid sellouts, and obtain the best pricing. Pre-booking is especially important during high-season travel.
- The currencies are the Australian and New Zealand dollars. Both have coins for $1 and $2 denominations.
- Money and traveler's checks can be exchanged in banks.
- ATMs are very common in Australia and are the easiest source for cash.
- Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere, across the international date line.
- Australia has three time zones and observes daylight saving time from October to March.
- Time zones run 12 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time to 15 hours ahead.