Land Package Types
Gold4 - 5 Star Hotel with private transfers between port, airport, and hotel, and a recommended tour.
Silver3.5 - 4.5 Star Hotel with private or shared transfers between port, airport, and hotel, and a recommended tour.
Bronze2.5 - 4 Star Hotel with shared transfers between port, airport, and hotel, and a recommended tour.
Whether you want to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef, white water raft down the Barron River, or ride the Kuranda Skyrail through a rainforest, Cairns is the holiday destination of a lifetime. The gateway to some of the best Queensland has to offer, this northern Australia city also has plenty of local shops, produce markets, and Aboriginal culture. Cairns has something for both relaxed and adventure travelers. Visit this lively city with family, friends, or alone—you won’t be disappointed.
Cairns accommodation span the needs of all travelers. Whether you want a budget hotel by the beach or are looking to indulge in a Cairns 5-star accommodation, the city has a room to fit your needs check list.
Getting to Cairns by air is easy thanks to the Cairns Airport (CNS), which is the gateway to Northern Queensland and the Cairns metropolitan area. Once you’re in the city, the Sunbus runs regular public transportation service in and around Cairns.
From reef to rainforest, Cairns makes a dreamy getaway for any type of traveler. Book your Cairns holiday packages right here, where our travel experts have chased down the best deals just for explorers like you. Guarantee that your holiday is comfortable by booking your hotel from among the best accommodation in Cairns.
Australia's summer falls during North America’s winter. The warmest months are November through March. You'll find the best travel deals between April and August, the start of fall. This time of year is ideal for an Outback adventure—the cooler weather is just right for a walkabout.
- Sydney: 21 hours from New York (via L.A.); 14 hours from L.A.
- Sydney to Melbourne: 1.5 hours
- Melbourne to Cairns: 2.5 hours
- Sydney to Perth: 2 hours
- Sydney to Darwin: 3 hours
- Sydney: The Opera House, Darling Harbour, The Sydney Bridge, Bondi Beach
- Melbourne: Phillip Island penguins
- Nature of Australia: The Great Barrier Reef, the Outback, rain forests of Queensland
In countries as large and divers as Australia, getting around will be mostly by plane. Transfers to hotels are available at all airports. Island resorts are accessible by boat, helicopter, and seaplane, and in many locations, getting there - whether by four-wheel-drive hehicle, train or guided tour - is part of the excitement.
Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or a mix of both, We can offer suggestions for every type of traveler. Be sure to pre-book tours and activities to get the dates and times you desire, avoid sellouts, and obtain the best pricing. Pre-booking is especially important during high-season travel.
- The currencies are the Australian and New Zealand dollars. Both have coins for $1 and $2 denominations.
- Money and traveler's checks can be exchanged in banks.
- ATMs are very common in Australia and are the easiest source for cash.
- Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere, across the international date line.
- Australia has three time zones and observes daylight saving time from October to March.
- Time zones run 12 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time to 15 hours ahead.