on umass.edu Employing unique land use, city planning and management concepts, revolutionary desig...
The philosophers, sociologists, and critics in the Frankfurt School orbit, who are often gathered ...
View on Amazon The Oxford-scholar author uncovers the secrets behind the family...
This European economic capital on the Main River features world-class museums, sweet apple wine and Germany’s only skyscrapers.
Frankfurt is the financial center of Europe. It is home to the European Central Bank and is one of the wealthiest cities in Germany. As the only city in the country to feature skyscrapers, Frankfurt has a skyline that is its best-known landmark. The city is also known for its world-class museums and apple wine.
The city is not just modern buildings. Visit the Old Town (Altstadt) to get a sense of how Frankfurt looked before it became the financial capital of the European Union. Though much of the city was destroyed in Allied bombing during World War II, many of the buildings of the Old Town were salvaged or faithfully rebuilt. Gabled townhouses make up the Römer, Frankfurt’s town hall since the 15th century. The gothic clock tower of the ancient Frankfurt Cathedral looms overhead.
Frankfurt has many world-class museums. More than 10 of them are located in Museumsufer (Museum Embankment), an area along the south side of the Main River in the Sachsenhausen district. Among the museums is the German Museum of Architecture, the Senckenberg, a natural history museum, and the Städel, which has an impressive collection of art that spans more than 700 years. Across the river, visit the Museum of Modern Art to see one of the best collections of post-World War II and contemporary art in the world.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in the Germany we recommend :
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry as well as between cities.
- To enter and leave Europe, all U.S. citizens must carry a valid passport.
- It is the traveler’s responsibility to obtain the proper documents.
- The Euro is the official currency of the European union and its member countries. Other European Currencies include the Swiss Franc and the British pound. Exchange rates vary by currency and economic seasonality.
- Restaurants: In general, 10-15%
- Porters: $1
- Taxi's: Round up
- Germany is GMT + 1
Europe spans three time zones:
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
Follow @johnodonnell21 European Correspondent with Reuters at Europe's political meeting point, Brussels, and financial meeting p...
Follow @eintracht_eng Welcome to the official English language Twitter account of Eintracht Frankfurt, the city's football club.<...