Fort Lauderdale, Florida
While the cabbage or Sabal palm (sabal palmetto) is found from North Carolina, south through Florid...
on oxfordamerican.org In search of Florida oranges, following in the footsteps of John McPhee to se...
on fishwatch.gov Get the low-down on the Caribbean's unique version of the lobster, wild-caught fro...
Florida’s city of canals and sunshine is the “Venice of America” and Spring Break central.
Fort Lauderdale is at the heart of South Florida’s Gold Coast, known for sunshine, golden beaches and boisterous Spring Break fun. With Latino-influence Miami to the south and posh Boca Raton to the north, Fort Lauderdale is a laid-back and central location along a 23-mile (37-kilometer) strip of beautiful beaches. The 300 miles (480 kilometers) of inland canals and waterways, towering luxury high-rise architecture and 100-year-old history all add to the city's immense appeal.
With tropical summers and relatively mild winters, Fort Lauderdale offers year-round activities. Remember to enjoy what Fort Lauderdale is famous for, its beaches. Relax at the uncrowded Dania Beach, dine in style at Fort Lauderdale Beach, or head to Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, a cute village by the ocean. Further north you will find a string of beaches and seaside communities, including Jupiter Beach and Palm Beach.
The palm-fringed beaches attract sun seekers and are a hub for outdoor fun, from rollerblading to surfing. Las Olas Boulevard has many of the area’s best restaurants, cafes, bars and boutiques. Close by, Riverwalk’s pink-paved sidewalk takes you past luxury yachts and cruise boats to the prestigious Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
Shopping in Fort Lauderdale ranges from the upscale, air-conditioned comfort of the Galleria Mall to the eclectic Festival Flea Market Mall. Explore the Swap Shop, another emporium for bargain hunting, which hosts drive-in movies after dark.
The best time to book a cruise is during Wave Season : (January–March) is when you'll score the year's top deals, including free perks (like upgrades & onboard credits) and discounted fares.
Mainland flight times
- 5.5 hours from San Francisco (SFO)
- 2.5 hours from New York (JFK)
- 2.5 hours from Dallas Fortworth (DFW)
We offer a variety of transportation options in Ft Lauderdale, Florida in order to make your cruise vacation truly spectacular.
While traveling in Ft Lauderdale we recommend :
- Reserving Private or Shared transfers at the time of booking.
- The US dollar is the currency, as it is throughout the United States.
- ATMs are found everywhere in Ft. Lauderdale.
- Credit cards are accepted at most places, making it unnecessary to carry large amounts of cash.
- Restaurants: The usual is 10 - 15%
- Porters: $2-$10
- Taxi's: 10% - 20% of the fare
- Ft Lauderdale follows Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Time and observes Daylight Saving Time.
- Clocks are turned 1 hour forward (March - November), and 1 hour backward (November - March of the following year.)