Long Beach, California
A look at the birth of the motion picture industry. By William J Mann....
From the gold rush to mile-long Kogi taco lines, how street food came to define a city. By Farley E...
The quintessential LA-based crime novel. When a dying millionaire hires Philip Marlowe to handle th...
Take the kids for a swim in the ocean, pet sharks at the aquarium and explore museums and galleries in this laid-back beach city on California’s Pacific Coast.
Long Beach is a seaside city in California known for its scenic ports and family-friendly beaches. Visit the enormous aquarium, which is home to thousands of species and offers interactive activities. Other popular activities include romantic strolls along the beach, visits to the eclectic shopping areas and trips to museums and cultural centers.
Take the family to the famous Aquarium of the Pacific in Rainbow Harbor on the south coast of the city. It covers an area of 5 acres (2 hectares) and houses 11,000 creatures, including fish, penguins and sea lions. See the Shark Lagoon, which features several types of sharks and rays. If you are feeling brave, pet sharks in the purpose-built tank.
Cycle along the paths near the port for an excellent view of the ocean. The city is home to sandy beaches along the Pacific Coast. The water here is generally very calm so it’s ideal for families with small children.
Go shopping for hats, trinkets and candy in the eccentric stores in Shoreline Village. Take the kids for a ride on the carousel in the playground area. Enjoy a romantic stroll along Rainbow Harbor and Marina as the sun goes down. After nightfall, colorful lights from yachts, restaurants and hotels light up the area.
The best time to book a cruise is during Wave Season : (January–March) is when you'll score the year's top deals, including free perks (like upgrades & onboard credits) and discounted fares.
Mainland flight times
- 1.5 hours from San Francisco (SFO)
- 5.5 hours from New York (JFK)
- 3 hours from Dallas Fortworth (DFW)
We offer a variety of transportation options in Long Beach, California in order to make your cruise vacation truly spectacular.
While traveling in Long Beach we recommend :
- Reserving Private or Shared transfers at the time of booking.
- The US dollar is the currency, as it is throughout the United States.
- ATMs are found everywhere in Long Beach.
- Credit cards are accepted at most places, making it unnecessary to carry large amounts of cash.
- Restaurants: The usual is 10 - 15%
- Porters: $2-$10
- Taxi's: 10% - 20% of the fare
- Long Beach follows Pacific Standard Time or Pacific Daylight Time and observes Daylight Saving Time.
- Clocks are turned 1 hour forward (March - November), and 1 hour backward (November - March of the following year.)