Fowl Cay Resort
Fowl Cay, Exumas, Bahamas
Thunderball Grotto, located off the nearby island of Staniel Cay, is considered one of the best snorkeling spots in the Bahamas. At slack low tide, guests can swim into this underwater cave and view a variety of tropical fish, corals, and sponges. Scenes from the James Bond movie Thunderball and Ron Howard's Splash were filmed here.
Destination Entry Requirements
1. Obtain a COVID-19 RT PCR test five (5) days prior to arrival
2. Apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs
3. For the duration of the visit, complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes
4. Take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on Day 5 of the visit (unless departing on day 5)
5. Always wear a mask and always social distance in public places
In addition, beginning November 14, 2020, all visitors will be required to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Health Travel Visa. The insurance will cover travellers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas.
Specifics are as follows:
Prior to Travel:
1. COVID-19 RT-PCR Test
o All persons travelling to The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival.
o The name and address of the lab, where the test was performed, must be clearly displayed on the test result.
o Children age ten (10) and under.
o Pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight in The Bahamas.
2. Bahamas Health Travel Visa
o Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result, apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at TRAVEL.GOV.BS
o Click on the International Tab and upload test results and other required documents.
o Fees for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa, inclusive of Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test and mandatory health insurance, are as follows: o $40 – Visitors staying up to four nights and five days.
o $40 – Citizens and returning residents.
o $60 – Visitors staying more than four nights.
o Free - Children 10 years and under
1. Comply with Monitoring Protocols:
• Any visitor who exhibits COVID symptoms at any time during their stay will be required to take a Rapid Antigen Test and receive a negative result before being permitted to continue with their vacation.
• If a person tests positive they will be required to follow up with a COVID-19 RT-PCR swab test.
2. Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Testing (if applicable):
• All persons who are staying in The Bahamas longer than four nights/five days will be required to take a rapid COVID-19 antigen test.
• All visitors departing on or before five days will not be required to obtain this test.
• The rapid tests are easy, quick and will yield results in 60 minutes or less with results being provided electronically via SMS text message and email.
• Hotel properties will provide relevant information on testing arrangements, while others will facilitate the required rapid test for their guests.
• All persons on yachts and other pleasure craft will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
• All other visitors, returning residents and citizens will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
ival will be included in the cost of the Visa.
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the traveler's responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans. In addition to international COVID-19 travel protocols, COVID-19 travel restrictions and protocols may be in place upon return to the United States. Please continue to monitor all state or local health advisories from your city or state of origin prior to travel.
Sandals Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness will include several pre-emptive cleanliness measures that safeguard the
guest journey from arrival to departure, including additional health and well-being requirements across all points of
contact on resort. New and enhanced protocols that will take effect across all fifteen Sandals Resorts and three
Beaches Resorts include:
• All-Encompassing Eighteen Touch Point Practice: Sandals Resorts has completed a thorough research
assessment of all points of guest contact, resulting in the integration of advanced hygiene practices across
eighteen key touch points – starting from the moment guests arrive at airport lounges through the entirety
of the resort experience. These touch points include the airport lounge; guest transfers to and from resort;
guest rooms, food and beverage experiences; housekeeping and laundry; elite services including butler
service and Club Sandals Concierge; maintenance; resort activities such as water sports; elevators;
swimming pools, jacuzzis and spas; team members access points; fitness centers and the Red Lane Spa;
public bathrooms; suppliers and receiving; all public areas including lobbies and beaches; back of house
facilities such as store rooms and offices; Kids Camps and waterparks at Beaches Resorts; and HVAC
• Enhanced Triple-Check System for Cleaning and Sanitation: All resorts are diligently cleaned and
sanitized on an ongoing basis, with a Triple-Check system and a minimum of three inspections daily. These
inspections include all hard surfaces – from door handles and interiors of vehicles used for airport
transfers; public restrooms, which are inspected, cleaned and sanitized in 20-minute intervals; kitchens,
bars and restaurants, including menus, tables, cutlery, glassware, chairs and more; and swimming pools
and hot tubs. Additional hand sanitizing stations will be provided for guests and team members
throughout the resorts, at all dining locations and within each individual guest room. Any items that guests
will come in contact with – from room cards to welcome cocktails glassware – are sanitized before
• New Certified Sandals Sanitized Guest Rooms: Sandals will introduce even more robust housekeeping
measures as part of Sandals Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness, to include: the introduction of additional
hospital-grade disinfectants; electrical aerosol sprayers for advanced cleaning; the use of UV-LED lighting
equipment to inspect cleanliness; air duct sanitization for each arrival and upon each departure; weekly
steam-cleaning and sanitization of carpeting; placement of anti-bacterial gels and soaps in each guest
room; and strict adherence to the Triple-Check System.
• At-Home to In-Room Check-in, beginning in June: Guests will have the ability to check-in online,
allowing them to skip the front desk and go directly to their room. A refreshing welcome cocktail, a
personal anti-bacterial hand towel and individual in-room hand sanitizer will always await arriving guests.
• Social Distancing Practices: Sandals is introducing new ways to encourage guests to maintain a safe
social distance while sustaining the relaxed experience the brand is known for, including: adding more
airport transfers with fewer guests per vehicle; extending check-in times between visitors; setting up a
safe social distance across restaurants, bars and beaches; replacing handshakes with a nod and a smile;
and restricting elevator trips to one couple per trip at Sandals Resorts and one family per trip at Beaches
Resorts, with staff members taking alternate routes
• Team Member Trainings and Precautionary Temperature Checks: Sandals is ensuring all team
members stay healthy both inside and outside the workplace with ongoing specialized training on
precautionary measures geared toward preventative protocols and added sanitation practices. All staff
will be required to know where the nearest hand sanitizer stations are located at all times, wear protective
face gear and gloves at all times when on resort, and ensure uniforms are not worn during travel to and
from work. All team members across resort locations will also undergo required temperature checks
before the start of each shift in addition to stringent medical clearance.
• Supplier-held Standards: All vendors, suppliers and partners will be held to the new Sandals Platinum
Protocols of Cleanliness standards by restricting delivery windows to one party at a time, while limiting
physical contact; sanitizing all touch points, including equipment, storage spaces and access areas; and
removing all outer packing upon arrival.
Productive prevention has long been a key practice in safeguarding the health of all Sandals Resorts guests, team
members and supply chains. Under the guidance of medical professionals and with constant monitoring of advice
and instruction provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local
Ministries of Health in each country Sandals Resorts calls home, a dedicated Quality Inspection Team, alongside
Environmental Health and Safety Managers, ensures strict adherence and seamless implementation of a sophisticated
approach to prevent the spread of all illnesses. All resorts are equipped with medical stations staffed daily with a
registered nurse and 24/7 on-call medical personnel.
Additionally, Sandals Resorts has earned its place as the only hotel chain in the world to have all of its resorts certified
by the EarthCheck benchmarking and certification program – awarded to companies that deliver clean, safe and
healthy destinations for travelers whether they’re visiting, living or working in the destination – with nine resorts
currently holding Master Certification.
Guests can take advantage of complimentary non-motorized water sports or simply relax at the beach or freshwater pool. A small fitness room is on-site and a walking trail winds through the island. Meals at this all-inclusive resort are served at the elegant Harbour Club Eating & Drinking House. Perched on the island's highest point, the restaurant includes two limestone terraces with stunning ocean views.
What to expect:
Surrounded by pristine waters in countless shades of blue, this private island resort has a welcoming and casual ambiance. With just six villas, guests feel as though they have the entire island to themselves. Ideal for couples and groups of friends vacationing together, the villas provide all the comforts of home in a tranquil island setting.
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Bottled water in room (complimentary)
- Cable/satellite TV
- CD player
- Ceiling fan
- Child care (in room, surcharge)
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Direct-dial phone
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Fax machine
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (daily)
- In-room safe
- Internet access - wireless
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup mirror
- Non-smoking rooms
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channel(s)
- Separate sitting area
- Sewing kit
- Sofa bed
- Turndown service (on request)
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Welcome amenities
- Window opens
This 50-acre private island resort is located within the Exuma island chain, about 322 km (200 mi) from Miami. The resort provides complimentary boat transportation to the island from the Staniel Cay Airstrip, located just a few minutes away. On-site features include a freshwater pool, a tennis court, and a small fitness room with an elliptical trainer, treadmill, and free weights. Complimentary non-motorized water sports including sailing, kayaking, and snorkeling are available at the beach. The on-site restaurant serves gourmet island-inspired cuisine and creative cocktails. Room services is available 24 hours. The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Laundry facilities
- Room service
PoliciesExtra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed, and may incur additional charges.
RecreationThis Caribbean resort offers complimentary sailboats, kayaks, and snorkeling equipment. The resort also offers on-site bocce and horseshoe courts as well as a tennis court; tennis racquets and balls are provided. A walking trail extends from the tennis court to the west end of the island. Activities available for a surcharge include scuba diving, parasailing, and helicopter sightseeing tours. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bird watching
- Boat launch
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Hiking/biking trails
- Motor boating
- Rowing or canoeing
- Running track/path
- Scuba diving
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Water skiing
- Yoga classes/instruction