- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Pre & Post Cruise
We understand that booking online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read the following policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting our Web site, www.classicvacations.com, you are accepting the practices described herein.
- Travel Agents
- What information we collect from you
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- How we protect your information
- Children's privacy
- External links
- Visiting our Web sites from outside the United States
- How you can contact us
While this Privacy Statement is primarily directed at Travelers and Guests, it also applies to Travel Agents.
Any personal information that a Travel Agent provides to us in connection with a booking is managed as set out in this Privacy Statement. Classic Vacations reserves the right to contact Travel Agents as contemplated by their organization’s Corporate Travel Agreement with us (e.g., for feedback on the Program, to discuss the business relationship, or discuss new promotions). This contact may occur via phone, e-mail or postal mail.
When booking and managing travel on behalf of any Traveler or Guest, Travel Agents must obtain the relevant Traveler's or Guest’s consent. Travel Agents must also ensure that the relevant Traveler or Guest receives and agrees to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Each Travel Agent also agrees to comply with the terms of this Privacy Statement when providing or handling any personal information of any Traveler or Guest.
Whether you book travel directly with us or allow your Travel Agent to do so on your behalf, your Travel Agent will have access to your travel itineraries, and all other required booking information. Your Travel Agent will also be able to view, change, or cancel any of your trip itineraries.
In General. We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, fax number, and, if you make a reservation through our site, billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We also may request information about your hotel room preferences, frequent flyer and car rental program information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to create an account; purchase products or services; complete a traveler profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.
Travel Companion Information. When you make a reservation for someone else through Classic Vacations, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing Classic Vacations with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, booking history, and demographic information.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit Classic Vacations. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and purchases made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customize your user experience.
Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
Classic Vacations may share your information with the following entities:
- Travel agents, as described above.
- Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. Throughout Classic Vacations, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We do not place limitations on our suppliers' use or disclosure of your personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through Classic Vacations. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review you may submit.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Web site or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Affiliated Web sites. If you were referred to Classic Vacations from another Web site, we may share some information about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web sites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to Classic Vacations.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Classic Vacations, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web site receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
You can access your travel information by visiting the Retrieve Itinerary page on the Classic Vacations Web site. Changes and updates to a paid itinerary must be made by contacting Customer Support at the email address below You can close your Classic Vacations account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to make travel purchases or to take advantage of certain features offered on Classic Vacations.
- You also can add or update information as described above.
- You will be given a choice on our Web site as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages from Classic Vacations about special offers. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Classic Vacations account or to your transactions on Classic Vacations, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Classic Vacations, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
We want you to feel confident about using Classic Vacations. to make hotel and travel arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Classic Vacations is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
If you are visiting our Web site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
5893 Rue Ferrari Avenue
San Jose, CA 95138