Cannes, French Riviera
The dramatic lives of the legendary artists, writers, actors and politicians who frequented the wor...
Musings on the south of France's favorite anise-flavored pastis spirit. By J Kenji L?pez-Alt....
Super-yachts line the harbors of the C?te d'Azur and Monaco, parked with their rears emptying direc...
Follow the world’s billionaires to the French Mediterranean’s eastern coast, which features lavish resort towns, remote island beaches and beautiful sea views.
For centuries, the French Riviera has been a muse for painters and a vacation spot for the world’s wealthiest. It comprises the eastern section of France’s Mediterranean coast, from Toulon to Menton. See its resort villages, islands and an exquisite landscape of the Alps meeting the sea.
Fly into Nice, the region’s largest city and its busiest airport. Stroll along the broad Promenade des Anglais running along the city’s long waterfront. When you’re not spending your hours on Nice’s endless beach, explore the Vieux Nice old town. Here, find fish markets and antique mansions along cobbled streets dating back to the 1700s.
FRENCH RIVIERA – CANNES
- Cannes is another cruise port serving the French Riviera. It is approximately 20 miles from the Nice city center and 22 miles to the Nice Cruise Port. Travel Time to the Nice city center is 30 minutes depending on traffic; travel time to Nice cruise port is approximately 40 minutes depending on traffic.
- Nice Cote d’Azur Airport (NCE) is approximately 15 miles from the Cannes cruise port. Travel time Cannes is approximately 40-minutes depending on traffic.
Nice Cote d’Azur Airport (NCE) Is the only airport serving the French Riviera.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in the France we recommend :
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry as well as between cities.
- The Euro is the official currency of the European union and its member countries. Other European Currencies include the Swiss Franc and the British pound. Exchange rates vary by currency and economic seasonality.
- Restaurants: The usual is 10 - 15%
- Porters: $1
- Taxi's: Round Up
- France is GMT + 1 / +2
Europe spans three time zones:
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- A passport is required when traveling outside of your country. If any passenger carries anything other than a Passport supplied by your home country, please contact the Consulate of the country(s) you are visiting to verify document requirements. If you do not have appropriate documentation, you will be denied entry. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your return trip for international travel.