Chalon-sur-Saone (Lyon), France
The author expounds on the culinary genius, people and secrets of the city he now calls home. By Bi...
Extravagant flavor descriptions have become de rigueur in the wine world, but do they have any prac...
Good eating in Lyon is by no means necessarily Michelin-starred, a fact vividly illustrated by the ...
Spend a while in Chalon-sur-Saone, which is 20 miles (32 kilometers) to the northeast of Saone-et-Loire. A popular spot for visitors, Chalon-sur-Saone is 35 miles (56 kilometers) from Dijon - Burgundy Airport.
Many of Saone-et-Loire’s key attractions are located within easy reach of Chalon-sur-Saone, so it is a convenient place to base yourself. Two attractions that should be at the top of every visitor’s to-do list is the fascinating Musee Denon and the iconic Musee Niepce. Two other worthy points of interest that are located close by Chalon-sur-Saone are Chalon Cathedral and the Maison des Vins. Those interested in exhibits and shows will find plenty of unique cultural highlights in and around Chalon-sur-Saone. Spend a few hours of admiring the exhibits at the Burgundy Wine Museum in Beaune.
To really get a feel for the area, don’t miss the nearby local attractions such as Hotel Dieu in Beaune, Hotel-Dieu in Tournus and the St. Philibert Abbey. These are popular with locals and tourists alike. See some sacred places such as the Collegiate Church of Notre-Dame in Beaune. Enjoy the atmosphere and gain an appreciation of the role religion in Chalon-sur-Saone.
If you have a passion for golf, visit the Beaune Levernois Golf in Levernois. It's a perfect way to get out and enjoy the outdoors.
LYON – Chalon-sur-Saone
- Chalon-sur-Saone is the town on the Saone River where most river cruise vessels dock. It is approximately 50 miles north of the main Lyon hotel area. Travel Time: Approximately one hour depending on traffic.
- Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport (LYS) is approximately 15 miles outside the Lyon city center. Travel time to the city is approximately 30-minutes depending on traffic.
- Distance from the Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport (LYS) to Chalon-sur-Saone is approximately 72 miles with a travel time of approximately 1½ hours depending on traffic.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in the France we recommend :
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry as well as between cities.
- To enter and leave Europe, all U.S. citizens must carry a valid passport.
- It is the traveler’s responsibility to obtain the proper documents.
- The Euro is the official currency of the European union and its member countries. Other European Currencies include the Swiss Franc and the British pound. Exchange rates vary by currency and economic seasonality.
- France is GMT + 1 / +2
Europe spans three time zones:
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
Follow @RhoneWine The official Twitter of Rhone Valley Wines for communicating the pleasures of Rhone wines. ...