Two art history professors offer a detailed profile of the life and work of the leading artist of t...
The first investigative history of the world's most secretive global financial institution: the Ban...
How the world-famous art fair has grown from its (more) humble beginnings in 1970. By Noelle Bodick...
Explore the historic center and museums of this quaint Swiss town. It borders France and Germany and fuses all three cultures.
Basel is a historic Swiss city that lies on the country’s borders with France and Germany. It is home to many museums, galleries and a charming center filled with antique structures. The River Rhine divides the city into two parts. Grossbasel, which contains the historic center, is southwest. Kleinbasel has an active nightlife.
For an alternative way to enjoy the scenery, climb onboard the Glacier Express. The train ride travels through the mountains, valleys and deep gorges between Zermatt and Davos or St. Moritz. Book a cruise across a Swiss lake, such as Lake Geneva or Lake Zurich. At Lake Lucerne, enjoy a sunset cruise on a paddle steamer.
Devote some of your vacation time to discovering Swiss cities. Shop in the medieval arcades of Bern, the country’s capital. Follow the history of the Olympic movement at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne. See the twin-towered Grossmünster cathedral in Zurich, the country's largest city. In Geneva, find the huge Jet d'Eau water fountain and CERN, the particle physics laboratory. Tour the underground facility to discover how international teams of scientists are trying to unlock the mysteries of the universe.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in Switzerland we recommend :
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry as well as between cities.
- The Swiss Franc is the official currency of Switzerland.
- The Euro is the official currency of the European union and its member countries. Other European Currencies include the Norwegian Krone and the British pound. Exchange rates vary by currency and economic seasonality.,/li>
- Restaurants: Round up
- Porters: $1
- Taxi's: Round Up
- Switzerland is GMT + 2 hours
Europe spans three time zones:
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
Follow @ArtBasel Founded in 1970, #ArtBasel stages the world's premiere Modern + contemporary art shows in Basel, Miami Beach + Hong Kong. Find us on ...
- A passport is required when traveling outside of your country. If any passenger carries anything other than a Passport supplied by your home country, please contact the Consulate of the country(s) you are visiting to verify document requirements. If you do not have appropriate documentation, you will be denied entry. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your return trip for international travel.