Anchorage (Seward), Alaska
Land Package Types
Gold4 - 5 Star Hotel with private transfers between port, airport, and hotel, and a recommended tour.
Silver3.5 - 4.5 Star Hotel with private or shared transfers between port, airport, and hotel, and a recommended tour.
Bronze2.5 - 4 Star Hotel with shared transfers between port, airport, and hotel, and a recommended tour.
Known as a great place to see the northern lights, this city also offers many extreme adventures, including snow-kiting and ice-bike racing.
This Alaskan city offers visitors many vantage points from which to see the northern lights, as well as extreme sporting adventures, amazing scenery and the opportunity to experience local wildlife including bears, moose and wolves.
Anchorage’s bright starry nights form a perfect backdrop for the dancing northern lights (or aurora borealis). To see them, it is best to plan to spend a few days in the area as they are variable, rather like the weather. Fall, winter and spring are the most common times to see them.
Even in the summer, temperatures rarely rise beyond 66 F (19 C), and there is snowfall most months of the year. If you don’t mind wrapping up, though, Anchorage’s unusual environment forms the perfect habitat for wildlife, including bears, moose, wolves, and beavers.
If wildlife is top of your travel agenda, visit one of the fjords or glaciers, such as Prince William Sound, where you might see whales, kittiwakes, otters, puffins and sea lions. Take a boat trip up to the face of Portage Glacier, located in Chugach National Forest. This is also where you’ll find the Chugach Mountains. Backpackers and climbers flock here in the summer, while skiers and snow walkers arrive in the winter.
ANCHORAGE - Port of Seward
- Port of Seward is the main cruise port serving Anchorage. It is approximately 126 miles from the main Anchorage hotel area. Travel Time: Approximately 2.5 hours depending on traffic.
- Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC) is approximately 8 miles outside the Anchorage city center. Travel time to the city is approximately 20-minutes depending on traffic.
- Distance from the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC) to Port of Seward is approximately 126 miles with a travel time of approximately 2.5 hours depending on traffic.
The best time to book a cruise is during Wave Season : (January–March) is when you'll score the year's top deals, including free perks (like upgrades & onboard credits) and discounted fares.
Mainland flight times
- 5 hours from San Francisco (SFO)
- 7.5 hours from New York (JFK)
- 6.5 hours from Dallas Fortworth (DFW)
We offer a variety of transportation options in Seward, Alaska in order to make your cruise vacation truly spectacular.
While traveling in Seward we recommend :
- Rent a car as some of the sights are far apart.
- Reserving Private or Shared transfers at the time of booking.
- The US dollar is the currency, as it is throughout the United States.
- ATMs are found everywhere in Anchorage (Seward).
- Credit cards are accepted at most places, making it unnecessary to carry large amounts of cash.
- Restaurants: The usual is 10 - 15%
- Porters: $2-$10
- Taxi's: 10% - 20% of the fare
- Seward follows Alaska Standard Time or Alaska Daylight Time and observes Daylight Saving Time.
- Clocks are turned 1 hour forward (March - November), and 1 hour backward (November - March of the following year.)