Manhattan, New York
A touching portrait of a Chinese-American family living in New York. By Sarah Kramer....
A classic. The story behind the shaping (and mis-shaping) of 20th-century New York by Robert Moses....
on metmuseum.org This excellent catalog from Metropolitan Museum explores the history and design of...
Power and wealth and breathtaking scenery are concentrated on this very small island. Immerse yourself for a few days or a lifetime.
With its metallic and concrete skyline towering over everything in sight, Manhattan is a place built up like no other. Although it is only about 24 square miles (62 square kilometers) in area, many people describe feeling as if they are in the center of the universe when they are here. Go south and you’ll be in the presence of some of the world’s most important financial institutions, in the Financial District. Go north and you’ll stand where jazz was invented, in Harlem.
No matter which direction you go, Manhattan’s attractions will appear as many as they are varied. Walk beneath an enormous configuration of advertisements in Times Square. Watch a live performance of your favorite play on Broadway. See the Knicks, Rangers or Liberty play a basketball game at Madison Square Garden. Retreat into a lush oasis of knolls, ponds and a zoo at Central Park.
Downtown, wander through the fashion seat of the world in SoHo and TriBeCa. Browse over 18 miles (29 kilometers) of books at The Strand bookstore and play a game of chess just up the block at Union Square. Linger among the greatest figures of the contemporary American art world in Chelsea.
Mainland flight times
- 5 hours from San Francisco (SFO)
- 3 hours from Dallas Fortworth (DFW)
We offer a variety of transportation options in New York - Manhattan, New York in order to make your cruise vacation truly spectacular.
While traveling in New York - Manhattan we recommend :
- Reserving Private or Shared transfers at the time of booking.
- The US dollar is the currency, as it is throughout the United States.
- ATMs are found everywhere in Manhattan.
- Credit cards are accepted at most places, making it unnecessary to carry large amounts of cash.
- Restaurants: The usual is 10 - 15%
- Porters: $2-$10
- Taxi's: 10% - 20% of the fare
- New York - Manhattan follows Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Time and observes Daylight Saving Time.
- Clocks are turned 1 hour forward (March - November), and 1 hour backward (November - March of the following year.)