The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
ENTRY APPROVAL PROCESS
All visitors will be required to complete the online Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED) card process, and be approved, in order to be permitted entry to Aruba. The ED card can be completed at: https://edcardaruba.aw/
- All travelers must upload a Certified Negative PCR test as part of the ED online process or prepay for a PCR test to be administered at the Aruba Airport.
- Purchase the Aruba Visitors Insurance as part of the ED online process. More information can be found at: https://www.arubavisitorsinsurance.com/
- Download the Aruba Health App: https://www.aruba.com/us/aruba-health-app
UPDATE: July 6, 2020 - Visitors from the United States residing in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming MUST take a PCR test and upload their test results as part of the online Embarkation/Disembarkation process prior to travel. Travelers can be tested within the 72-hour period prior to their direct departure flight time to Aruba, and they must upload the results to the online Embarkation/Disembarkation process at least 12-hours prior to flight departure. Travelers will not be able to upload results after that point, meaning that THEY CANNOT TRAVEL TO ARUBA. Travelers from the states listed above will NOT have the option to be tested upon arrival at the airport in Aruba.
All other US visitors residing in states not listed above still have the option of taking a PCR test at their own expense upon arrival at the airport in Aruba, or can upload the PCR test in the 72-hour window.
Important to note: The government of Aruba strongly encourages visitors to show documentation indicating a negative PCR test result prior to travel to Aruba.
Upon successful completion of the ED card process, travelers will receive an email confirmation of approval for travel, that must be shown either digitally or in printed form, at check in.
Acknowledge and consent that upon arrival and during their stay in Aruba, visitors shall cooperate with any type of COVID-19 health screening and testing as indicated by the public health authorities of Aruba, including isolation and/or quarantine.
Acknowledge and consent that in case the visitor undergoes diagnostic PCR testing, they shall await their PCR test results in isolation as instructed by public health authorities.
Acknowledge and consent to follow any and all instructions imposed by the public health authorities of Aruba, this includes, but is not limited to, the instruction to be isolated or quarantined due to exposure to COVID-19.
HEALTH PROCEDURES ON ARRIVAL
Mandatory requirements will include:
All travelers must wear a mask while in-flight to Aruba
While masks will not be required in Aruba, we strongly encourage visitors to have their mask handy for situations where social distancing proves difficult
All travelers not showing documentation indicating a negative PCR test result prior to travel to Aruba as part of the ED card process, will receive a mandatory PCR test at the Airport when arriving in to Aruba, at the visitors expense, followed by a mandatory 24-hour quarantine at the travelers accommodations while test results are assessed.
All travelers showing documentation indicating a negative PCR test result as part of the ED card process will receive a temperature check and health interview by a medical professional
If the temperature check and health assessment are clear, no further testing or subsequent 24-hour quarantine will be needed
Children 12 and under will not be required to take the mandatory PCR test upon arrival at the Aruba Airport or have a health screening assessment.
WHILE IN ARUBA
The mandatory requirements will include:
In the case of a guest contacting the hotel in light of symptoms linked to COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties), the hotel staff will direct the guest immediately to their room and the respective hotel representative will contact the Call Center at 280-0101 or one of the private clinics and connect the call to their room.
Over the phone, a triage questionnaire will be conducted by a medical practitioner.
For guests that do NOT MEET criteria for testing:
The medical practitioner will advise on next steps.
The hotel will follow up by calling the room and confirming the status.
For guests that MEET criteria for testing:
If Call Center has been called, the medical practitioner will inform the guest and the host hotel of suspected case.
If one of the private clinics has been called, the doctor will inform the guest, the host hotel and the Call Center.
A date and time will be appointed, by the call center, for testing at the diagnostic center.
Following all procedures as stipulated by the host hotel, the guest will be transported by a designated transportation company for testing.
The guest is to follow all health and safety regulations during this process, and must pack and take all belongings with him/her.
The guest will be taken to a designated isolation location pending test result
As the guest is being tested, all travel companions will be advised to stay in quarantine at the host hotel pending test results.
The test results will be revealed by the Department of Public Health in 24-48 hours.
Positive test results
If the test is positive, the confirmed case will remain in isolation at one of the designated properties, until recovered.
Throughout the isolation process, medical follow up will be conducted.
Once the patient recovers and tests negative, he/she can resume vacation or depart the destination.
Negative test results
If test results are negative, the patient will go back to his/her host hotel, reunite with any travel companions who will be simultaneously released from quarantine, and can resume their vacation.
Quarantine: Travel Companions
Travel companions will not accompany the guest to the Diagnostic Center or hospital.
Travel companion(s) of a suspected case will remain in quarantine at host hotel while test results are pending
Travel companion(s) of the confirmed case will need to pack their belongings as they would need to be relocated and placed in quarantine at one of the designated quarantine locations for 14 days. This period restarts each time a new case is discovered within the group
A person not showing symptoms can either stay in quarantine in Aruba at one of the designated quarantine locations or choose to depart the island.
In case a travel companion(s) develops COVID-19 related symptoms while in quarantine, the new suspected case will be transferred to the Diagnostic Center to get tested and then be isolated at an assigned location pending test results
For the latest updates and further details please visit: https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the traveler's responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans.
Marriott Global Cleanliness Council
Marriott recently announced the creation of the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council – consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations. Together, the council members will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for Marriott’s more than 7,300 properties around the globe. The new standards will be designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for the company’s guests and the 750,000 people worldwide who wear the Marriott name badge.
New Cleaning Technologies
While Marriott’s council develops its work, the company has initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at its properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers that allow for touchless disinfecting capabilities. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes.
In its everyday cleaning, Marriott will also be using the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to treat known pathogens.
Cleaning Regimen Changes
When guests check into Marriott’s hotels over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to the company’s regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels. Specific areas of focus include:
• Surface Areas: In public spaces, the company has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guest rooms, Marriott has added to its detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. The company will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
• Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, Marriott will be using signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing. The company is planning to add partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for its guests and associates and is working with supply chain partners to make masks and gloves available to associates. You’ll see more hand sanitizing stations around Marriott’s hotels – near the entrances and front desks, elevator banks and fitness and meeting spaces.
In addition, in more than 3,200 of the company’s hotels, guests can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order room service that will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact. These “touchless” services can all be done quickly via Marriott’s mobile app.
• Food Safety: At Marriott, food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. The company’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using its food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits. Marriott is also enhancing sanitation guidelines and training videos for associates that include hygiene and disinfecting practices. In addition, the company is modifying its operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets.
Hotel OverviewProperty Location With a stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba in Noord, you'll be on the beach, a 5-minute walk from Palm Beach and 13 minutes by foot from The Casino - The Radisson Aruba. This 5-star resort is 2.5 mi (4 km) from Eagle Beach and 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from Hyatt Regency Casino. Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 320 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and DVD players. Your bed comes with premium bedding, and all rooms are furnished with sofa beds. Rooms have private balconies. 46-inch flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and slippers. Amenities Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. Before a night out at the casino, the 2 outdoor swimming pools are a perfect way to relax and recharge. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Dining Enjoy Italian cuisine at Solanio, one of the resort's 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink from the poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6:30 AM to noon for a fee. Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Free self parking is available onsite.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Business lounge access
- Free bottled water
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- Closed captioned TV
- Free toiletries
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Bathtub or shower
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Lowered peephole/view port in door
- Lowered locks/deadbolt
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Free WiFi
- Grab bar - near toilet
- DVD player
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Visual fire alarm
- Lever door handles
- Premium bedding
- Club level room
- Sofa bed
- Pay movies
- Executive level room
- Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- Wheelchair-accessible lounge
- Visual alarms in hallways
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Well-lit path to entrance
- Stair-free path to entrance
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Swimming pool
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- Full-service spa
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of slot machines - 265
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Number of gaming tables - 17
- Number of VIP gaming rooms - 1
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Children's pool
- Casino floor size square feet - 15000
- Casino floor size square meters - 1394
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 4
- Banquet hall
- Laundry facilities
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Wheelchair-accessible public washroom
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Wheelchair-accessible concierge desk
- Wedding services
- In-room accessibility
- Assistive listening devices in meeting rooms
- Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Wheelchair-accessible spa
- Wheelchair-accessible pool
- Wheelchair-accessible fitness center
- Wheelchair-accessible meeting spaces/business center
- Total number of rooms - 320
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Leeward Antilles - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Stellaris Casino - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Hadicurari Beach - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Fisherman's Huts - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Palm Beach - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
The Casino - The Radisson Aruba - 1 km / 0.7 mi
Palm Beach Plaza - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Excelsior Casino Aruba - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Paseo Herencia Shopping Mall - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Malmok Beach - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Notorious Ranch - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Omnibus Tennis - 1.5 km / 1 mi
Hyatt Regency Casino - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Boca Catalina Beach - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
Old Windmill - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
The preferred airport for The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba is Queen Beatrix Intl. Airport (AUA) - 13 km / 8.1 mi