Sandals Emerald Bay - ALL INCLUSIVE Couples Only
EMERALD BAY, QUEENS HIGHWAY, P.O. Box EX 29142, Rokers Point, ASD, Bahamas
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
1. Obtain a COVID-19 RT PCR test five (5) days prior to arrival
2. Apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs
3. For the duration of the visit, complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes
4. Take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on Day 5 of the visit (unless departing on day 5)
5. Always wear a mask and always social distance in public places
In addition, beginning November 14, 2020, all visitors will be required to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Health Travel Visa. The insurance will cover travellers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas.
Specifics are as follows:
Prior to Travel:
1. COVID-19 RT-PCR Test
o All persons travelling to The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival.
o The name and address of the lab, where the test was performed, must be clearly displayed on the test result.
o Children age ten (10) and under.
o Pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight in The Bahamas.
2. Bahamas Health Travel Visa
o Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result, apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at TRAVEL.GOV.BS
o Click on the International Tab and upload test results and other required documents.
o Fees for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa, inclusive of Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test and mandatory health insurance, are as follows: o $40 – Visitors staying up to four nights and five days.
o $40 – Citizens and returning residents.
o $60 – Visitors staying more than four nights.
o Free - Children 10 years and under
1. Comply with Monitoring Protocols:
• Any visitor who exhibits COVID symptoms at any time during their stay will be required to take a Rapid Antigen Test and receive a negative result before being permitted to continue with their vacation.
• If a person tests positive they will be required to follow up with a COVID-19 RT-PCR swab test.
2. Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Testing (if applicable):
• All persons who are staying in The Bahamas longer than four nights/five days will be required to take a rapid COVID-19 antigen test.
• All visitors departing on or before five days will not be required to obtain this test.
• The rapid tests are easy, quick and will yield results in 60 minutes or less with results being provided electronically via SMS text message and email.
• Hotel properties will provide relevant information on testing arrangements, while others will facilitate the required rapid test for their guests.
• All persons on yachts and other pleasure craft will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
• All other visitors, returning residents and citizens will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
ival will be included in the cost of the Visa.
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the traveler's responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans. In addition to international COVID-19 travel protocols, COVID-19 travel restrictions and protocols may be in place upon return to the United States. Please continue to monitor all state or local health advisories from your city or state of origin prior to travel.
Prior to entering the Resort, all guests will be administered a no-touch thermal scan to screen for fever. Anyone with any fever (≥38
C°/100.4 F°) will not be allowed to enter the Resort. There is a risk in entry regardless of
temperature checks, and all guests enter at their own risk and shall be advised as follows:
If you experience any symptoms of any illness while at the Resort, please stay in your room
and contact the Medical Center. Consultation charges will be waived. If you develop
symptoms after leaving the Resort, see a doctor right away and advise the Resort. All
guests shall further acknowledge and agree that they are fully aware of the contagious
nature and effects of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume that risk and responsibility and
further agree that they will release, indemnify and hold harmless Unique and Sandals
Resorts International Limited, and their respective parent corporations, affiliates,
subsidiaries insurers, directors, officers, employees, successors, assigns, agents and
representatives, against any claims and/or damages whatsoever, including legal fees
relating to any infection, transmission, health condition influenced or otherwise impacted
or complication by COVID-19.
Sandals Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness will include several pre-emptive cleanliness measures that safeguard the
guest journey from arrival to departure, including additional health and well-being requirements across all points of
contact on resort. New and enhanced protocols that will take effect across all fifteen Sandals Resorts and three
Beaches Resorts include:
• All-Encompassing Eighteen Touch Point Practice: Sandals Resorts has completed a thorough research
assessment of all points of guest contact, resulting in the integration of advanced hygiene practices across
eighteen key touch points – starting from the moment guests arrive at airport lounges through the entirety
of the resort experience. These touch points include the airport lounge; guest transfers to and from resort;
guest rooms, food and beverage experiences; housekeeping and laundry; elite services including butler
service and Club Sandals Concierge; maintenance; resort activities such as water sports; elevators;
swimming pools, jacuzzis and spas; team members access points; fitness centers and the Red Lane Spa;
public bathrooms; suppliers and receiving; all public areas including lobbies and beaches; back of house
facilities such as store rooms and offices; Kids Camps and waterparks at Beaches Resorts; and HVAC
• Enhanced Triple-Check System for Cleaning and Sanitation: All resorts are diligently cleaned and
sanitized on an ongoing basis, with a Triple-Check system and a minimum of three inspections daily. These
inspections include all hard surfaces – from door handles and interiors of vehicles used for airport
transfers; public restrooms, which are inspected, cleaned and sanitized in 20-minute intervals; kitchens,
bars and restaurants, including menus, tables, cutlery, glassware, chairs and more; and swimming pools
and hot tubs. Additional hand sanitizing stations will be provided for guests and team members
throughout the resorts, at all dining locations and within each individual guest room. Any items that guests
will come in contact with – from room cards to welcome cocktails glassware – are sanitized before
• New Certified Sandals Sanitized Guest Rooms: Sandals will introduce even more robust housekeeping
measures as part of Sandals Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness, to include: the introduction of additional
hospital-grade disinfectants; electrical aerosol sprayers for advanced cleaning; the use of UV-LED lighting
equipment to inspect cleanliness; air duct sanitization for each arrival and upon each departure; weekly
steam-cleaning and sanitization of carpeting; placement of anti-bacterial gels and soaps in each guest
room; and strict adherence to the Triple-Check System.
• At-Home to In-Room Check-in, beginning in June: Guests will have the ability to check-in online,
allowing them to skip the front desk and go directly to their room. A refreshing welcome cocktail, a
personal anti-bacterial hand towel and individual in-room hand sanitizer will always await arriving guests.
• Social Distancing Practices: Sandals is introducing new ways to encourage guests to maintain a safe
social distance while sustaining the relaxed experience the brand is known for, including: adding more
airport transfers with fewer guests per vehicle; extending check-in times between visitors; setting up a
safe social distance across restaurants, bars and beaches; replacing handshakes with a nod and a smile;
and restricting elevator trips to one couple per trip at Sandals Resorts and one family per trip at Beaches
Resorts, with staff members taking alternate routes
• Team Member Trainings and Precautionary Temperature Checks: Sandals is ensuring all team
members stay healthy both inside and outside the workplace with ongoing specialized training on
precautionary measures geared toward preventative protocols and added sanitation practices. All staff
will be required to know where the nearest hand sanitizer stations are located at all times, wear protective
face gear and gloves at all times when on resort, and ensure uniforms are not worn during travel to and
from work. All team members across resort locations will also undergo required temperature checks
before the start of each shift in addition to stringent medical clearance.
• Supplier-held Standards: All vendors, suppliers and partners will be held to the new Sandals Platinum
Protocols of Cleanliness standards by restricting delivery windows to one party at a time, while limiting
physical contact; sanitizing all touch points, including equipment, storage spaces and access areas; and
removing all outer packing upon arrival.
Productive prevention has long been a key practice in safeguarding the health of all Sandals Resorts guests, team
members and supply chains. Under the guidance of medical professionals and with constant monitoring of advice
and instruction provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local
Ministries of Health in each country Sandals Resorts calls home, a dedicated Quality Inspection Team, alongside
Environmental Health and Safety Managers, ensures strict adherence and seamless implementation of a sophisticated
approach to prevent the spread of all illnesses. All resorts are equipped with medical stations staffed daily with a
registered nurse and 24/7 on-call medical personnel.
Additionally, Sandals Resorts has earned its place as the only hotel chain in the world to have all of its resorts certified
by the EarthCheck benchmarking and certification program – awarded to companies that deliver clean, safe and
healthy destinations for travelers whether they’re visiting, living or working in the destination – with nine resorts
currently holding Master Certification.
You can enjoy a meal at Bahama Bay serving the guests of Sandals Emerald Bay - ALL INCLUSIVE Couples Only, or stop in at the snack bar/deli. Unwind at the end of the day with a drink at the bar/lounge or the poolside bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM.Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available 24 hours).
- LED TV
- Coffee/tea maker
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service
- Smoking and Non-Smoking
- Turndown service
- Free bottled water
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Balcony or patio
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- No housekeeping
- Shower only
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Internet access
- Picnic area
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Fitness facilities
- Free airport transportation
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Shopping on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Outdoor tennis courts - 6
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Golf course on site
- Tennis on site
- Pro shop
- Couples/private dining
- Marina on site
- Beach umbrellas
- Free breakfast
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Billiards or pool table
- Beach cabanas (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Beach sun loungers
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Breakfast service
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Proposal/romance packages available
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Beach towels
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Golf clubs (equipment)
- Optional golf privileges
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Year Built - 1970
- Total number of rooms - 249
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of buildings/towers - 10
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Emerald Bay Beach - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Coco Plum Beach - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
Pig Beach - 10.3 km / 6.4 mi
Hoopers Bay - 16.3 km / 10.1 mi
Jolly Hall Beach - 19 km / 11.8 mi
Blow Hole Beach - 19.4 km / 12.1 mi
Palm Bay Beach - 19.5 km / 12.1 mi
Iguana Beach - 20.3 km / 12.6 mi
Fowl Cay - 30.9 km / 19.2 mi
Rolletown Tombs - 32.6 km / 20.2 mi
Tropic of Cancer Beach - 44.9 km / 27.9 mi
Salt Pond - 47.8 km / 29.7 mi
Hermitage Tomb - 49.6 km / 30.9 mi
The preferred airport for Sandals Emerald Bay - ALL INCLUSIVE Couples Only is Exuma Intl. Airport (GGT) - 10.5 km / 6.5 mi