Pink Sands Resort
Chapel Street, Dunmore Town, Harbour Island, Bahamas
On-site cooking classes are an enjoyable way to learn more about the culinary history of the Bahamas. After being taught how to best prepare various island ingredients, guests will be able to make their culinary dreams come true by cooking their own signature dishes.
What to expect:
- This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Up to 2 children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Soundproofed rooms
- Sofa bed size - unspecified
- Free bottled water
- Furnished patio
- Towels provided
- Ceiling fan
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Espresso maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Designer toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Separate sitting area
- Sofa bed
- Shower only
- Electric kettle
- Room and bed type depend on availability check-in
- No rollaway/extra beds
The Pink Sands Hotel's main building serves as the resort's social hub. The decor includes richly textured, multi-colored East Indian fabrics, Balinese furniture, Moroccan light fixtures, and Balinese-style straw-paddle ceiling fans, as well as artifacts from Morocco and Asia. A lily pond borders one side of the building, and another pond is in the lobby. The hotel's library offers shelves of books and movies, comfortable seating, and a big-screen television with DVD player.
Arrival transportation to the resort from North Eleuthera airport is complimentary. Guests will be escorted by a land taxi to the North Eleuthera dock, and then a water taxi to Harbour Island, followed by a land taxi to Pink Sands. The total transfer time is 20 minutes. One-way transfer costs $15 per person.
Alternatively, a high speed fast ferry (approx. 2 hours) services Harbour Island daily from Nassau, departing Nassau at 8:00 AM and returning at 3:50 PM.
- Picnic area
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Free grocery shopping service
- Beach umbrellas
- Free beach cabanas
- Meeting rooms
- Free self parking
- Beach sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Pool umbrellas
- Outdoor tennis courts - 2
- Laundry facilities
- Beach towels
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Wedding services
- Fireplace in lobby
- 24-hour pool access
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Year Built - 1951
- Total number of rooms - 29
- Number of buildings/towers - 29
PoliciesKnow Before You Go
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F; the property is cleaned and disinfected with electrostatic spray.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer; cashless payment methods are available for all transactions; contactless room service is available; masks are required in public areas.
- Contactless check-in and contactless check-out are available.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
- The property affirms that it adheres to the Safe Travels (WTTC - Global) sanitization guidelines.
- Enhanced food service safety measures are in place.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pet fee: USD $250
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Pink Sand Beach - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Dr. Albert Johnson Memorial - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Fisherman's Dock - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Government Dock - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Lone Tree - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Sir George Roberts Memorial Library - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Glen Stewart Mansion - 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
Ben Bay Beach - 19.7 km / 12.3 mi
Preacher's Cave - 21 km / 13 mi
Tay Bay Beach - 21.2 km / 13.1 mi
Current Cut - 21.4 km / 13.3 mi
Glass Window Bridge - 21.4 km / 13.3 mi
Current Bay Beach - 22 km / 13.7 mi
Queens Bath - 22.3 km / 13.8 mi
Gaulding Cay Beach - 23.2 km / 14.4 mi
The nearest airports are:
North Eleuthera (ELH-North Eleuthera Intl.) - 6 km / 3.7 mi
Governor's Harbour (GHB) - 57.2 km / 35.5 mi
The preferred airport for Pink Sands Resort is North Eleuthera (ELH-North Eleuthera Intl.).
- Bicycle rentals
- Horse riding/rental
- Scuba diving
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Water skiing