Tamarind by Elegant Hotels - All Inclusive
Paynes Bay, Paynes Bay, St. James, Barbados
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
1. Travelers from medium/high-risk* countries must receive a negative PCR COVID test within 3 days of arrival
2. Travelers must complete an online immigration/customs form and upload their negative PCR COVID test at www.travelform.gov.bb atleast 24 hours prior to travel
3. Negative COVID PCR test results must be taken with traveler, and shown at time of boarding, and once again upon arrival in to Barbados. Test results should clearly show the date test was completed.
4. All travelers will be required to undergo a health screening
Upon Arrival in Barbados:
1. Travelers from high-risk countries with a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test will be required to remain at a designated holding hotel or approved villa at their own expense, or free of charge at a government facility, and will be monitored for 7 days after travel**.
2. Travelers will be required to retest 4-5 days after thee first accepted negative test. If the result of the second test is negative, the traveler will be able to enjoy unrestricted movement on island.
3. If a traveler tests positive for COVID-19 while in Barbados, they may be able to request from the Ministry of Health and Wellness the option to self-isolate at their own expense at their hotel or villa, or government approved isolation property. Alternately, traveler will be transported to other accomodations for isoaltion. Upon recovery, guests may resume their vacation, or return home
4. Any person who is deemed to have been in close contact with a positive case will be restricted to approved facilities
*The United States has been deemed a high-risk country.
**Monitoring includes daily self-temperature checks and sharing that information with the public health teams that will check in via call or text.
For more information please visit: https://www.barbadostravelprotocols.com
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the Traveler’s responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans.
Hotel Health & Safety:
The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our demanding standards to an even higher level with new protocols for the current circumstances. To tell our story on how Marriott is elevating cleanliness standards and changing hospitality norms, across our portfolio of hotels, we tapped a hospitality veteran, the son of our founder and someone who, like his father, has been known to conduct cleanliness inspections while touring hotels – our Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board, Bill Marriott.
Below is an overview of the key components of Marriott’s Commitment to Cleanliness and you can read more details about our plan here.
• Marriott Global Cleanliness Council: Consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations, the council will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for our more than 7,300 properties around the globe.
• New Cleaning Technologies: While our council develops its work, we have initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at our properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers and the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to sanitize surfaces throughout hotels.
• Cleaning Regimen Changes: When guests check into our hotels over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to our cleaning regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels as well as modifications to associate-guest protocols developed to be consistent with recommended social distancing guidelines.
The steps we’re taking on cleanliness and new hospitality norms are as much about the health and safety of associates as they are about our guests. If we’ve learned anything during this pandemic, it is that we are all in this together. By taking care of associates and following these new protocols – we will be collectively taking care of our guests and the global community.
We are all facing an historic battle and most days it is simply about rolling up our sleeves to fight that battle. There are countless moments of humanity and resilience – I see them in how our hotel teams and individual associates are responding to the crisis around them. And that fills me with tremendous hope for the future.
We don’t know when the COVID-19 pandemic will be over or when our lives will return to some sort of normalcy. But we want our guests and our associates to know that when the time comes to travel once again, we will be ready to welcome them back to a safe and clean hotel environment.
Until that time, please stay safe and healthy.
Satisfy your appetite for lunch at the property's restaurant, Rilaks Deck, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. A complimentary English breakfast is served daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this property consist of a conference center and a meeting room. Free self parking is available onsite.
- Free WiFi
- Coffee/tea maker
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Daily housekeeping
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Shower/tub combination
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Balcony or patio
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Fitness facilities
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Beach umbrellas
- Conference space
- Free breakfast
- Business center
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free self parking
- Beach sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Children's club (free)
- Swimming pool
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Proposal/romance packages available
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Shopping on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Beach towels
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- One meeting room
- Wedding services
- In-room accessibility
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Total number of rooms - 104
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Paynes Bay Beach - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Sandy Lane Beach - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Barbados Polo Club - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Sandy Lane Golf Course - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Sunset Crest Shopping Centre - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Chattel Village - 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
Holetown Monument - 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
Lime Grove Shopping Centre - 3 km / 1.8 mi
Batts Rock Beach - 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
Holetown Beach - 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
Green Monkey Golf Course - 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
Sandy Lane Country Club Golf Course - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
St. James Parish Church - 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
Paradise Beach - 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
Folkestone Marine Park - 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
The preferred airport for Tamarind by Elegant Hotels - All Inclusive is Grantley Adams Intl. Airport (BGI) - 23.9 km / 14.9 mi
- Bicycle rentals
- Golf - driving range
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Scuba diving
- Water skiing