Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels - All Inclusive
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels - All Inclusive
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
1. Travelers from medium/high-risk* countries must receive a negative PCR COVID test within 3 days of arrival
2. Travelers must complete an online immigration/customs form and upload their negative PCR COVID test at www.travelform.gov.bb atleast 24 hours prior to travel
3. Negative COVID PCR test results must be taken with traveler, and shown at time of boarding, and once again upon arrival in to Barbados. Test results should clearly show the date test was completed.
4. All travelers will be required to undergo a health screening
Upon Arrival in Barbados:
1. Travelers from high-risk countries with a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test will be required to remain at a designated holding hotel or approved villa at their own expense, or free of charge at a government facility, and will be monitored for 7 days after travel**.
2. Travelers will be required to retest 4-5 days after thee first accepted negative test. If the result of the second test is negative, the traveler will be able to enjoy unrestricted movement on island.
3. If a traveler tests positive for COVID-19 while in Barbados, they may be able to request from the Ministry of Health and Wellness the option to self-isolate at their own expense at their hotel or villa, or government approved isolation property. Alternately, traveler will be transported to other accomodations for isoaltion. Upon recovery, guests may resume their vacation, or return home
4. Any person who is deemed to have been in close contact with a positive case will be restricted to approved facilities
*The United States has been deemed a high-risk country.
**Monitoring includes daily self-temperature checks and sharing that information with the public health teams that will check in via call or text.
For more information please visit: https://www.barbadostravelprotocols.com
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the Traveler’s responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans.
Hotel Health & Safety Policies:
The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our demanding standards to an even higher level with new protocols for the current circumstances. To tell our story on how Marriott is elevating cleanliness standards and changing hospitality norms, across our portfolio of hotels, we tapped a hospitality veteran, the son of our founder and someone who, like his father, has been known to conduct cleanliness inspections while touring hotels – our Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board, Bill Marriott.
Below is an overview of the key components of Marriott’s Commitment to Cleanliness and you can read more details about our plan here.
• Marriott Global Cleanliness Council: Consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations, the council will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for our more than 7,300 properties around the globe.
• New Cleaning Technologies: While our council develops its work, we have initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at our properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers and the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to sanitize surfaces throughout hotels.
• Cleaning Regimen Changes: When guests check into our hotels over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to our cleaning regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels as well as modifications to associate-guest protocols developed to be consistent with recommended social distancing guidelines.
The steps we’re taking on cleanliness and new hospitality norms are as much about the health and safety of associates as they are about our guests. If we’ve learned anything during this pandemic, it is that we are all in this together. By taking care of associates and following these new protocols – we will be collectively taking care of our guests and the global community.
We are all facing an historic battle and most days it is simply about rolling up our sleeves to fight that battle. There are countless moments of humanity and resilience – I see them in how our hotel teams and individual associates are responding to the crisis around them. And that fills me with tremendous hope for the future.
We don’t know when the COVID-19 pandemic will be over or when our lives will return to some sort of normalcy. But we want our guests and our associates to know that when the time comes to travel once again, we will be ready to welcome them back to a safe and clean hotel environment.
Until that time, please stay safe and healthy. New protocols are in effect for all arrivals beginning July 12, 2020:
Within 72 hours prior to departure for Barbados, all travellers from high risk countries are strongly encouraged to take a COVID-19 PCR test from an accredited laboratory. The United States has been deemed a high risk country.
A New online Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED card), with personal health questions questions relating to COVID-19 symptoms, which travelers will be required to complete. Once all required steps are completed and supporting documents uploaded, travelers will receive a bar code via email.
On arrival in Barbados, travelers will be required to present evidence of a negative result of a PCR COVID-19 test, and bar code to clear immigration.
Travelers without a documented negative PCR test result from an accredited or recognized laboratory will be required to take a test upon arrival, and will be quarantined at their expense, pending the results. The anticipated wait period for the test results is 48 hours. If travelers fail the test, they will be palced in isolation where they will receive care from the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
At the airport, other general public health protocols remain in place including wearing face masks en route to Barbados, and physical distancing.
Hotel OverviewProperty Location When you stay at Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels - All Inclusive in Prospect, you'll be on the beach, within a 5-minute drive of Batts Rock Beach and Paradise Beach. This 4-star property is 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from Brighton Beach and 2 mi (3.3 km) from Barbados Polo Club. Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 70 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include safes and complimentary newspapers, as well as phones with free local calls. Amenities Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional features at this property include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Dining This property is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Enjoy Mediterranean cuisine at Seascape, one of the property's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Need to unwind? Take a break with a tasty beverage at one of the 2 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a computer station, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Free valet parking is available onsite.
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Free bottled water
- Towels provided
- Free local calls
- Ceiling fan
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- No rollaway/extra beds
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Bed sheets not available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Rainfall showerhead
- Shower only
- No cribs (infant beds)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Beach umbrellas
- Free breakfast
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Beach sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Steam room
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Free valet parking
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Snack bar/deli
- Designated smoking areas
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Beach towels
- Television in common areas
- Wedding services
- Total number of rooms - 70
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Batts Rock Beach - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Paradise Beach - 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
University of the West Indies Cave Hill Campus - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Paynes Bay Beach - 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
Brighton Beach - 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
Sandy Lane Beach - 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
Barbados Polo Club - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Mount Gay Rum - 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
Sandy Lane Golf Course - 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
Atlantis Submarines Adventure - 4.3 km / 2.6 mi
Sunset Crest Shopping Centre - 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
Kensington Oval - 4.8 km / 3 mi
Chattel Village - 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
Holetown Monument - 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
Lime Grove Shopping Centre - 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
The preferred airport for Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels - All Inclusive is Grantley Adams Intl. Airport (BGI) - 23.7 km / 14.7 mi
- Golf - driving range
- Jet skiing
- Water skiing