Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection
Scrub Island, Scrub Island, Other Islands, British Virgin Islands
Destination Entry Requirements
Test: Proof of negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 5 days prior to day of travel
By Air (Starting 12/1/20): Visitors can arrive at the Terrance B. Lettsome Airport (EIS) on Tortola.
*Can fly private or commercial into Tortola and we will arrange for their transfers to/from the resort by private boat (20 minute transfer, one-way)
By Sea (Date TBD): Arrival at Roadtown Ferry Terminal. Details will be forthcoming.
Insurance: Proof of medical insurance that includes coverage for COVID-19.
Mandatory requirements from such a coverage:
• Must cover medical expenses if traveler tests positive upon arrival or during their stay.
• Must offer re-patriation in case of covid-19 illness.
Upload: Visit BVI Gateway Online Portal to complete a travel declaration and upload test results and insurance information at least 48 hours prior to departure. Visitors will receive approval, in the form of a BVI Gateway Traveler Authorization Certificate, in order to visit the BVI.
Arrival, Test & Contact Tracing App: At a new Welcome Center in the airport officials will perform health screening including temperature check plus a COVID-19 PCR test. Visitors will also be required to download to their phone a contact tracing application and use a wearable device (tracking bracelet).
Four Day Quarantine: Visitors MUST quarantine for four (4) days on the property of their approved accommodations. On the fourth day of the quarantine period visitors must take another COVID-19 PCR test (turnaround time is expected to be 24 hours). If negative, visitors will be able to move freely within the Territory.
Day 0 (arrival day) – Test on arrival at EIS airport. Transfer to Rosewood Little Dix Bay and guests must go into in-room quarantine immediately upon arrival until their airport test results are received by the resort within 24 hours.
Day 1 – Full quarantine until guest receives negative test. Following this, guest can access beach, water sports and F&B outlets. NO access to spa, pool, tennis, fitness center or Rosewood Explorers Club.
Day 2 – Guest will be allowed to access the Beach, water sports, and Food and Beverage outlets. NO access to spa, pool, tennis, fitness center or Rosewood Explorers Club.
Day 3 – Guest will be allowed to access the Beach, water sports, and Food and Beverage outlets. NO access to spa, pool, tennis, fitness center or Rosewood Explorers Club.
Day 4 – DAY 4 TEST: Guest will be allowed to access the Beach, water sports, and Food and Beverage outlets. NO access to spa, pool, tennis, fitness center or Rosewood Explorers Club.
Day 5 - Guest will be allowed to access the Beach, water sports, and Food and Beverage outlets. NO access to spa, pool, tennis, fitness center or Rosewood Explorers Club until you get your day 4 results. Test returned negative guest is free to use everything on resort and explore the BVI’s.
All PCR tests, contact tracing app and wearable device will be at the visitor’s expense. Costs will be $175 total per person for two COVID-19 tests, a contact tracing bracelet, and a COVID-19 monitoring app.
Test to Leave the BVI:
Visitors will need a test before you leave to enter the USVI, Puerto Rico or other Caribbean country by air or vessel. Cost is $70. Note: The government will not allow a visitor to leave the country if they test positive. They will need to quarantine in an approved location for 14 days at their expense.
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the Traveler’s responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans. In addition to international COVID-19 travel protocols, COVID-19 travel restrictions and protocols may be in place upon return to the United States. Please continue to monitor all state or local health advisories from your city or state of origin prior to travel.
Marriott Global Cleanliness Council
Marriott recently announced the creation of the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council – consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations. Together, the council members will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for Marriott’s more than 7,300 properties around the globe. The new standards will be designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for the company’s guests and the 750,000 people worldwide who wear the Marriott name badge.
New Cleaning Technologies
While Marriott’s council develops its work, the company has initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at its properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers that allow for touchless disinfecting capabilities. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes.
In its everyday cleaning, Marriott will also be using the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to treat known pathogens.
Cleaning Regimen Changes
When guests check into Marriott’s hotels over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to the company’s regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels. Specific areas of focus include:
• Surface Areas: In public spaces, the company has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guest rooms, Marriott has added to its detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. The company will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
• Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, Marriott will be using signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing. The company is planning to add partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for its guests and associates and is working with supply chain partners to make masks and gloves available to associates. You’ll see more hand sanitizing stations around Marriott’s hotels – near the entrances and front desks, elevator banks and fitness and meeting spaces.
In addition, in more than 3,200 of the company’s hotels, guests can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order room service that will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact. These “touchless” services can all be done quickly via Marriott’s mobile app.
• Food Safety: At Marriott, food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. The company’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using its food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits. Marriott is also enhancing sanitation guidelines and training videos for associates that include hygiene and disinfecting practices. In addition, the company is modifying its operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets.
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Individually furnished
- Turndown service
- Individually decorated
- Free bottled water
- Towels provided
- Bedsheets provided
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Plasma TV
- Iron/ironing board
- Room service (limited hours)
- Lowered electrical outlets in bathroom
- Lowered peephole/view port in door
- Lowered locks/deadbolt
- Height-adjustable showerhead
- No rollaway/extra beds
- No cribs (infant beds)
- Grab bar - near toilet
- Grab bar - in bathtub
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Visual fire alarm
- Lever door handles
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Ceiling fan
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Access via exterior corridors
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Designer toiletries
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- In-room massage available
- Premium bedding
- Second bathroom
- Sofa bed
- Pay movies
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Down comforter
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Private plunge pool
- Separate dining area
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Separate sitting area
- Private pool
- Separate bedroom
- Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- Picnic area
- Express check-in
- Visual alarms in hallways
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Number of spa tubs - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Free airport transportation
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- On private beach
- Conference space size (meters) - 195
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Shopping on site
- Pool umbrellas
- Number of bars/lounges - 1
- Number of poolside bars - 2
- Full-service spa
- Number of beach bars - 1
- Number of swim-up bars - 2
- Free beach shuttle
- Marina on site
- Beach umbrellas
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Free beach cabanas
- Grocery/convenience store
- Meeting rooms
- Beach sun loungers
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Smoke-free property
- Number of coffee shops/cafes - 1
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Wheelchair accessible – no
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 1
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 2098
- Reception hall
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Beach towels
- Accessible bathroom
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Roll-in shower
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Wheelchair-accessible pool
- Wheelchair-accessible fitness center
- Wheelchair-accessible meeting spaces/business center
- Year Built - 2010
- Total number of rooms - 52
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of buildings/towers - 7
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Marina Cay Beach - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Cam Bay Beach - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Lee Bay Beach - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Trellis Bay Beach - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
Well Bay Beach - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Long Bay Beach - 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
Lambert Bay - 7.5 km / 4.6 mi
Hodge's Creek Marina - 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
Buck Island - 8.6 km / 5.3 mi
Little Bay - 8.8 km / 5.5 mi
Josiah's Bay Beach - 9.3 km / 5.8 mi
Cooten Bay - 9.5 km / 5.9 mi
Josiah's Bay - 9.7 km / 6 mi
Brandywine Bay - 10.5 km / 6.5 mi
Trunk Bay - 12.4 km / 7.7 mi
The preferred airport for Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection is Terrance B. Lettsome Intl. Airport (EIS) - 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Bird watching
- Hiking/biking trails
- Scuba diving