The Landings Resort & Spa by Elegant Hotels
The Landings Resort & Spa by Elegant Hotels
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
All visitors and returning citizens to Saint Lucia must complete a Pre-Arrival registration form 3 days prior to arrival. Visitors can go to www.stlucia.org and click on the COVID-19 page to find a link to the form. Confirmation of a negative COVID test within 7 days, along with a confirmed reservation at a COVID-19 certified property must be submitted. All approved travelers will be issued an authorization letter by email. The email must be printed, and copy will be required to be shown upon arrival to be granted entry.
Hewanorra International Airport is open to regional and International Flights.
For the purposes of preventing, controlling and suppressing the spread of COVID-19, with immediate effect:
1. All departing passengers will be subject to screening
2. All arriving passengers are required to provide documented proof of a negative PCR (polymerized chain reaction) test result for COVID-19 obtained within 7 days / 168 hours prior to date of planned arrival in Saint Lucia. Proof of the negative PCR test result for COVID-19 must be presented prior to departure and upon arrival in Saint Lucia.
3. Intransit Passengers transferring on the same day will be subject to temperature screening on arrival. It is strongly advised that in transit passengers obtain a negative PCR test within 7 days / 168 hours of travel.
4. All visitors to Saint Lucia must complete a pre-arrival registration form prior to arrival. Visitors must login to www.stlucia.org/covid-19 to find a link to the relevant form. All details must be completed, including proof of negative PCR test, an indicate at which COVID-19 certified hotel they will be accommodated. Approval must be granted by the competent authority in Saint Lucia for travel to Saint Lucia.
5. All returning citizens and residents must complete the relevant pre-arrival registration for available at www.stlucia.org/covid-19. All details must be completed including proof of negative PCR test.
6. All passengers will undergo temperature screening on arrival and upon departure.
7. As a result of screening, all symptomatic passengers will be required to remain in quarantine/isolation at their hotel or Government Operated Quarantine Facility, until the test result is obtained. If the test is positive, they will be transferred to a treatment facility, until they receive two negative test results and are clinically stable. Costs associated with any quarantine or treatment is the sole responsibility of the traveller.
8. All visitors are required to follow local regulations in Saint Lucia, including wearing of masks in public places, at airports, and on public transportation.
Further information about Saint Lucia's COVID-19 response, all protocols and other details on requirements prior to entry may be accessed at: www.stlucia.org/covid-19.
The competent authority may impose further travel restrictions, if required.
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the traveler's responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans.
Marriott Global Cleanliness Council
Marriott recently announced the creation of the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council – consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations. Together, the council members will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for Marriott’s more than 7,300 properties around the globe. The new standards will be designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for the company’s guests and the 750,000 people worldwide who wear the Marriott name badge.
New Cleaning Technologies
While Marriott’s council develops its work, the company has initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at its properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers that allow for touchless disinfecting capabilities. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes.
In its everyday cleaning, Marriott will also be using the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to treat known pathogens.
Cleaning Regimen Changes
When guests check into Marriott’s hotels over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to the company’s regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels. Specific areas of focus include:
• Surface Areas: In public spaces, the company has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guest rooms, Marriott has added to its detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. The company will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
• Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, Marriott will be using signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing. The company is planning to add partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for its guests and associates and is working with supply chain partners to make masks and gloves available to associates. You’ll see more hand sanitizing stations around Marriott’s hotels – near the entrances and front desks, elevator banks and fitness and meeting spaces.
In addition, in more than 3,200 of the company’s hotels, guests can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order room service that will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact. These “touchless” services can all be done quickly via Marriott’s mobile app.
• Food Safety: At Marriott, food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. The company’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using its food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits. Marriott is also enhancing sanitation guidelines and training videos for associates that include hygiene and disinfecting practices. In addition, the company is modifying its operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets.
Hotel OverviewProperty Location When you stay at The Landings Resort & Spa by Elegant Hotels in Gros Islet, you'll be on the beach, within a 10-minute drive of Rodney Bay Marina and Reduit Beach. This 4.5-star resort is 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from Vigie Beach and 8.1 mi (13.1 km) from St. Lucia Town Hall. Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 85 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring kitchens with full-sized refrigerators/freezers and ovens. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Amenities Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy body treatments and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 4 outdoor swimming pools, 2 spa tubs, and outdoor tennis courts. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands. Dining Enjoy Caribbean cuisine at The Beach Club, one of the resort's 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Relax with a refreshing drink from the poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Individually furnished
- Turndown service
- Individually decorated
- Free bottled water
- Towels provided
- Ceiling fan
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Full-sized refrigerator/freezer
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Bathtub or shower
- Room service (limited hours)
- Balcony or patio
- Laundry detergent
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- No rollaway/extra beds
- Free WiFi
- No cribs (infant beds)
- DVD player
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Electric kettle
- Free bicycles on site
- Number of outdoor pools - 4
- Number of spa tubs - 2
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Free grocery shopping service
- Poolside bar - 1
- Free breakfast
- Business center
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café - 1
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Free wired Internet
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Mountain biking nearby
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Outdoor tennis courts - 2
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Wedding services
- In-room accessibility
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Tennis on site
- 24-hour health club
- Year Built - 2007
- Total number of rooms - 85
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 19
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Windward Islands - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Pigeon Island National Park - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Saint Joseph the Worker Catholic Church - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Friday Night Street Party - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Reduit Beach - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Rodney Bay Aquatic Centre - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Rodney Bay Marina - 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
Sandals Golf and Country Club - 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
Smugglers Cove - 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
Cas en Bas Beach - 3.2 km / 2 mi
Bonne Terre Tropical Gardens - 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
Baywalk Shopping Mall - 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
Daren Sammy Cricket Ground - 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
Splash Island Water Park Saint Lucia - 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
Choc Bay - 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
The nearest airports are:
Hewanorra Intl. Airport (UVF) - 66.4 km / 41.3 mi
George F. L. Charles Airport (SLU) - 12.3 km / 7.7 mi
The preferred airport for The Landings Resort & Spa by Elegant Hotels is Hewanorra Intl. Airport (UVF).
- Bicycle rentals
- Bird watching
- Boat launch
- Golf - driving range
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Motor boating
- Mountain biking
- Running track/path
- Scuba diving
- Water skiing
- Yoga classes/instruction